“amazing food definately worth having dinner”
Review of Yindees

Yindees
Ranked #62 of 227 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 June 2014

upstairs in hotel open plan! make sure that u book dinner as it fills up very quickly with hotel guests
platter for starters amazing!!

There are newer reviews for Yindees

Reviewed 17 June 2014

A meal at Yindees was included in our overnight stay package at Lyrath. Initially I was disappointed that La Perla wasn't open but that feeling soon disappeared. Service was efficient and courteous. The menu offered great choices. Our waitress was a gem - bubbly yet unobtrusive. We enjoyed every course: a shared platter for starters, followed by Barbary duck and then deep-fried ice cream with mango salsa. We couldn't fault anything and would return tomorrow - if it wasn't a three hour drive away!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Myself and my partner recently had dinner in Yindees in Lyrath, I must say it was only average. For a 5* maybe my expectations were too high.

I work in another hotel in Kilkenny and found little things, like the salt & pepper shakers were made of plastic and the salt one all broken & chipped at the base, not what I thought would be considered good enough from a 5* establishment.

The pianist playing in the lobby was a nice touch,

The dinner itself was served promptly and was nice, it wasn't anything that couldn't be ordered from a local takeaway. The gentleman that served us was a pleasure to deal with, his name as far as I can remember was Tomas.
Don't think we will be back for the price v's the food

1  Thank kartrav
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I recommended Yindees to Friends for dinner for a Friday night with my daughter . As I have been there at least six times previous, I wouldn't have expected any less on this occasion, than the high quality of both food and service I was used to. My friends, daughter and I were seated and our order wasn't taken for at least 20 minutes if not more. By the time our starters came, it was close to 9 o'clock. We had been seated since 8.05.
It took another twenty minutes for our plates to be cleared.
We sat waiting for another hour and five minutes for our main courses; my friends began to become irate but I promised them that the wait would be worth the fabulous food I was expecting.
I eventually called the manager and said that we had still not received our main courses and enquired was it coming anytime soon. Just as I said it, the waitress came around the corner. I order the same main course every time I go to Yindees, whether it is Downtown or in Lyrath itself. It is always served with fabulous vegetables or noodles with chopsticks. I received it slapped onto the plate with rice. My daughter had ordered vegetarian Signapore noodles which had chicken mixed into it.One friend had ordered Thai Green curry which was so spicy, it was nearly unconsumable. One friend asked the waitress as she left the room for a fork, the waitress turned and saw and still walked out. She made no attempted to give my friend what she had asked for so we went to a different table and had to take one. The manager clearly saw our frustration with the long wait and the receiving of what I would consider inadequate food for its high price. He asked us at least three times was the food okay and we just said it was fine. We received the bill noticing that two cokes and a glass of wine had not been charged for, yet the manger totalled the bill himself.
I always felt Yindees was a restaurant with fabulous food and that you would leave it one hundred percent satisfied. I paid, my share of the bill that was seventy euro, for food that I wasn't happy with nor satisfied with. There was zero point in me having a screaming match with the manger, I'd have to wait, more than likely another hour for a replacement main course. Many people knew we were going out that night and to where we were going and since then, I have told them not to go there.
Bad news travels very fast. For the high prices being charged for, I expected five star quality, in both food and service.And I unfortunately had a very dissapointing experience and would never ever return again.

4  Thank Saoirse F
Reviewed 1 March 2014

This is a lovely restaurant, food and service were excellent. Early Bird at 2 x 3 courses for €50 is fantastic value. I will definitely be back again :)