“Delightful friendly staff”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Kildare, Ireland
“Delightful friendly staff”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Everything, food, staff couldn't ask for better. A lovely wine selection and great desserts. There was nothing to dislike.

Visited August 2014

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Good but a bit pricey for the quality”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

The meal was okay. The chef was billed as Malay; so we were expecting a pretty authentic meal. Surprisingly the meal lacked spice - even on the items marked with chili peppers and the server clarifying that spicy was what we wanted. It also was expensive; so if you are looking for value, this may not be the place. All in all it was good not great.

Visited July 2014
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“disappointed”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I attended here with a hen party group of 50 people and we had the set menu costing 25 per head. The food was really nice..with a fantasic menu choice. However the house wine was like malt vinegar and after our meal the waitress offered tea and coffee which we accepted as thought it was included. We received the bill and noted that we were charged over 40 euro for the teas and coffees. This was very deceptive considering they received over 1500 euro for the food plus a generous tip. To be informed by the staff that they were unhappy as two coffees were not paid for !

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Rubyann2014
Leixlip
“... and the kids loved it!!”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We were slightly apprehensive about introducing the kids to their first Asian cuisine restaurant and given the closest they've willingly entered the 'market' to this point has been stealing prawn crackers from the takeaway bag added to their young years (3 and 4) we decided to fill them up slightly before we went to our appointment.

On entry (up the stairs - we were staying at the Hotel the restaurant is homed) we were greeted by the 'master of the house' who appeared to me to be a career Front of House Manager, judging by his professional and easy going manner. We were shown to our seat (thankfully one of the four seater 'Booths' which offered us camouflage from the other guests and we could lock the little animals in to greater effect.

As with Asian style restaurants we were greeted with the usual eating utensils including chopsticks which herself and myself knowingly smirked to each other ("Quaint but no chance!") and silently resolved to 'enjoy' our meal using our own traditional knives and forks option.

We ordered in good time and were attended to by very friendly, helpful and smiley waiting staff who assured us that nothing was a problem. The kids menu we were also assured did not contain particularly strong flavours so we ordered both Sweet and Sour Chicken w/steamed Rice for one and Singapore Noodles for the other - to arrive with our own starters which were Pork Ribs (Exceptional if a little bit dry on the outside) and Duck Spring Rolls that herself would 'die for'. For mains for ourselves I had Barbary Duck with steamed rice, fried vegetables in Hoi Sin Sauce and a Plum sauce on the side (the Master of the House' favourite apparently) and Herself had Sweet and Sour Pork with Steamed Rice and we shared an additional portion of noodles.

Again I would say that this was up there with, if not the nicest main course I have had in an Aisian restaurant. the Duck was cooked perfectly with the right amount of crispiness to my taste. I could easily have done without the Plum Sauce as the vegetables were beautiful but a dip here and there certainly didn't go astray. I tasted the Pork ordered by Herself and to be honest I was near sorry I didn't order it. Beautiful!

(Have to rush now)

We ordered one between two of the chocolate cake and ice cream for the two lads (the chef was in a very charitable mood and sent two separate portions) and I had the Panacotta with Rhubarb - delicious!!

Overall I really couldn't fault this restaurant, the staff or the food. 5 stars.

Oh, and while we were patting ourselves on the back about our choice to bring the boys and fawning over ourselves about the food we were eating my 4 y.o. had finished his chicken, noodles and rice with the aforementioned chopsticks (ONE HANDED!!!!). Oh, from little hands!!!

• Visited July 2014
Galway, Ireland
“amazing food definately worth having dinner”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

upstairs in hotel open plan! make sure that u book dinner as it fills up very quickly with hotel guests
platter for starters amazing!!

Visited June 2014