“A gem!!!”

Royal Spice Indian Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 238 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Price range: US$21 - US$29
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Royal Spice Restaurant in Kilkenny is set in the heart of the beautiful medieval city, Royal Spice presents constantly evolving menus and a carefully matched wine list – all designed to reflect an ethos of modern Indian dining in
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

Arrived two hours early for dinner (hunger!) and was met with friendly service and excellent food. Really well set up restaurant with good early bird and also a wine and dine option - pity I was driving!!
Food was very tasty and literally left plate empty, very good value also.
Don't hesitate - would recommend and will be there again

Reviewed 3 February 2014

It's the best Indian food in Kilkenny. When we come in, a very friendly waitress welcome us with big smile. When we got the menu, we couldn't decide what we want to eat, everything on the menu sounded delicious. Finally we decided to order Selection of starters, I had House Spice Chicken and my partner ordered Lamb Rogan Josh. Before starters arrived we got a papadoms with selection of sauces and drinks, everything was perfect, staff was very helpful and professional. Main course was absolutely fantastic! Big portions, nicely served. I've got my House Spice Chicken in iron dish on wooden board. All dishes was served in separate bowls, so we could easily share our main courses. My partners Rogan Josh was very delicious, I don't like a lamb meat, but in this dish was very good. At the end we ordered desserts, Lassi and selection of Sorbets. Lassi was perfect and sorbets refreshing after a spicy dinner :)
I recommend this restaurant, it's not expensive, we paid little bit over 60 euros, for 3 course meal and drinks for two hungry people :) . Again, definitely the best Indian restaurant in Kilkenny.

1  Thank Bejti
Reviewed 14 January 2014

How wonderful to find an outstanding Indian restaurant in Kilkenny. Everything we had was delicious, and the service was both professional and friendly. The naan is feather-light, which indicates that their tandoori dishes are definitely worth a try. Unfortunately with only two of us we didn't get that far. Very highly recommended indeed for those who enjoy Indian food.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

Stayed in Kilkenny for two nights this week. Had a busy, fun time all on my own. Went to Royal Spice looking for a meal that would be fairly light, vegetarian, and affordable. Got all three. Service was perfect. And I wasn't expecting this; as when I arrived in to the Restaurant it was so quiet,
I wasn't even sure if it was open. I am from New York, and therefore hard to please. I grew up in the Restaurant biz myself so I can be a triple threat as a customer. I can wholeheartedly recommend this spot. I even went back on my second night, as the food and service were that good. And again, the price was right!

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

I have only eaten in the restaurant twice but have had a few takeaways. The food is fabulous!! They also have very friendly helpful staff. It's a bit expensive for takeaway but well worth it. A must if you like Indian food.