“Main course excellent, dessert was a let down!”

The New Orchard House
Ranked #128 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

We have been here on many occasions and really enjoy the food! However, on our last visit, we decided to have apple pie. It was really disappointing! It was obviously re heated and was completely dry.

Despite having this disappointment, I would definitely return as the main course has always been great! I would like to point out however that the lighting is very dark and would prefer it to be brighter.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

My family & I have had dinner in here on many occasions & have never been disappointed. The staff are lovely esp the owner John. Great pub & restaurant, definately worth a visit.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

My wife and I had dinner at The Orchard House Restaurant tonight. For a starter, I had the Caesar salad that had a nice homemade dressing, plenty of bits or fresh crispy bacon, and croutons. It was nicely done and I liked it. For my main dish, I ordered the steak, which was served with grilled onions, mashed potatoes, cauliflower, and cabbage. It was properly cooked and enjoyable. The side dishes were very generous and I was quite full after the meal. For her starter, my wife had the chicken broth soup. It had bits of whole vegetables and she said that it was a nice change of pace from the usual pureed soups. For her main dish, she ordered the deep fried prawns, which she said were crispy, but had a slight fishy taste. She was also full and skipped dessert. The value was excellent, because both starters, both main dishes, a pint of Carlsberg and a half-pint of Bulmer’s were under 38 euros. I would definitely recommend The Orchard House for both the food and the excellent value.

1  Thank Frank F
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

The food here is really worthwhile and great value! The service is good and the atmosphere fair enough! It's a great out of town spot and no need to worry about parking!

1  Thank Noel M
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Very nice breakfast. Only downside was highchairs not wiped down and no soap in mens toilets and some rubbish strewn across kids play area. Other than that, very clean and lovely bars.