“Rudeness”

The 'Rafter' Dempsey's
Ranked #45 of 74 Kilkenny B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I will never ever stay in this place again, the owner is the rudest person I have ever met, I don't know how they are still in business the rooms were smelly food very average, avoid, avoid, avoid at all costs.

Room Tip: Go to a hostel instead.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Paula K

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

A gang of us stayed on a hen weekend recently. The rooms were clean, warm and comfortable. The bar was homely and clean
Food was gorgeous and the staff were very obliging. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a cocktail class with Michael on sat night and he got everyone involved and the drinks were yummy. Dinner was a choice of chicken or steak and everyone was happy with it.
Overall the place delivered. It was in the centre of town near all the amenities. A lovely friendly place and I would highly recommend it.
Thanks especially to Michael Donal and Kevin for making the weekend for us. We will be back

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed here last Saturday night 22\03. My 5th stay, Mostly stags and nights away with friends. Excellent spot, Superb location. Gerry & Josephne will look after you very well indeed. New addition of steak on ths tone an absolute winner.

All the matches live, Lovely fresh pints, what more do you want. Thumbs up.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Where do I start , this place is fantastic . So friendly , great pub , great rooms , great staff and great atmosphere. I recently had my hen party stay here and we all loved it. The owner Gerry was the nicest man ever ! . The rooms were great you could fit from 2 people up to 5 in one room . Beds so comfy and bathroom spotless. For my hen they had organised for me a meal and cocktail class in our own private room , Donal the cocktail man was great fun so professional and the cocktails were so tasty.
Anything I wanted the staff were on to it with no problems what so ever. We had breakfast next morning full Irish included in our price of stay which was so good after our night out.
Me and the 16 other women could not fault the place whatsoever , we had the best stay and will be defiantly recommending this place and when I book my stay in Kilkenny again with no hesitation I will be ringing Rafter Dempseys to book my stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2013

this little gem is hidden away down a side street,so its peaceful & quite,on arrival we were greeted by a friendly member of staff,the room was big with 2 single beds & 1 double bed,the bath room was tiny & could do with a lick of paint but it done the job,,after a night on the beer we awoke to a beautiful big irish breakfast,for 40euro for the night it was worth every penny...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MILLER1969
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My wife and I were looking for the perfect day's drive from Dublin to take our two young ladies for an authentic neighborhood over-the-pub experience and found it at the Rafter Dempsey in Kilkenny for a one-night stay. Our hosts were attentive to all our needs. We were first directed to a parking garage run by his friend around the corner and it was hassle free. We were then shown our two rooms upstairs which were modest but very clean. The shower ran strong and hot. We were then treated to a table next to the wood-burning fireplace that our host took time to clean up fresh and light up, just for us. The Guinness was the perfect pint and the steak on brick just to our liking. Breakfast next morning was ideal. Our whole family loved our "day in the life" with the locals who came in regular for their pints, and only regret we missed the live music our particular night. Strong marks for the Rafter Dempsey!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Kilkenny was one of my favorite stops on our 10 day journey around Ireland and The Rafter Dempseys contributed to our experience! We only stayed one night but it was great! We wondered in last minute and were immediately given a room. Breakfast was personal and delicious and location was perfect! Right in the middle of the AMAZING village. Everyone was friendly and attentive, couldnt have asked for more!

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends