“A little out of town, but provides all you need”

Beech View Self Catering Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kilkenny
Beech View Self Catering Apartments
Melbourne, Australia
“A little out of town, but provides all you need”
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Our two bedroom apartment (for 2 couples) was spotlessly clean. Included one bedroom with a double bed and very small ensuite (shower + toilet) plus a separate bedroom with two single beds and a separate main bathroom.. Good size modern kitchen with all utensils, plus a living area and small balcony. Complex includes a general store/supermarket which sold salads, hot foods and wine as well, a pharmacy and a hairdresser. The apartment was situated on a main road slightly out of town but was very quiet. Off-street parking is available. Kilkenny Castle and town shops are approx. 15 minute pleasant walk from the apartments, or alternatively a short relatively cheap taxi ride. This place is promoted for hen’s nights. On making booking inquiries Sharon was very helpful and emailed specific directions on how to get there. She also informed us that the other two apartments were booked out for a hen’s party during our stay, so gave us the option of not going through with the booking if were concerned about noise. The Hens and their blow up doll were very well behaved and even provided us with quite a few laughs, so did not dampen our stay in any way. The photos on the website provide an accurate reflection of what the accommodation is actually like. I could not complain about these apartments as they provided everything we needed, however, next time, for convenience I would probably stay in the town. Pleasant town with good shops, Kilkenny Castle is lovely and the Smithwicks Brewery Tour comes highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 July 2012

To start with the positives, these are great apartments if you have a group traveling to Kilkenny. Really clean, very well presented and close (enough) to the centre. Our group arranged taxis anytime we wanted to head into town which while it is not ideal, they're still quite cheap.

In terms of the negatives, the owner Sharon was ok to deal with but to echo the reviews below, we were treated like children. As a group of professionals, we found the strict teacher-like tone of many communications with Sharon was unnecessary since we were hardly going to destroy the place. I honestly can't understand why they advertise these apartments to groups like hen and stag parties if they put the frighteners on everyone who arrives. At a cost of €800 to €900 per apartment for 2 nights, you can do without the lecture. If I were to return to kilkenny, I'd stay closer to town where I'm sure you can get pretty good deals (at the same price as the apartment) and enjoy a more pleasant experience.

The cynic in me suspects the positive reviews regarding the service below were probably posted the owner themselves or friends of same. They all seem a bit "samey"...just sayin'

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank acs2012
Dublin
Reviewed 9 February 2012

The good

I stayed in the apartments with a group of friends for one night. Apartments are decorated lovely and well maintained. They are also very clean. Overall the accommodation is ideally suited not too far from the city and the apartments can cater for 20/25 people if that is what you require. Also packages can be arranged for dinner and nightclubs.My property rating on the property is very good,the avearge is for my experience with the owner.

The bad

The cleanliness of the apartments I would put down to the fact that Sharon the owner of the apartments and shop ensures that you are there for a minimum amount of time so that the apartments are not disturbed as opposed to a gang of cleaners coming in on the morning of check out at 11am. When we asked for soap dispensers for the bathrooms we were told there was a shop downstairs to buy them.

The ugly

My reason for not recommending this apartment in the future or returning to it (as I would rather pay the extra €30 to stay in Kilkenny Ormonde) is down to the attitude of the owner.
We were a group of girls average age 33 and were spoken to like children when we arrived. Not sure what type of guests stayed in the apartment before but there was very little respect shown to us and it was just assumed that we would wreck the place.We were given a list of don’ts and a cleaning list !. I would consider myself and my friends as respectable people and being of an age as having been brought up to leave a place as we found it.So I did not appreciate the heavy handed approach we were treated to.

The whole experience of the owner and the way we were spoken was just a turn off and to avoid meeting that person again it would be worth paying the bit extra to stay in a hotel in Kilkenny.

Also I do believe that there is some sort of camera not just on the outside door of the penthouse and the complex itself, but actually inside the penthouse itself. I know we all enjoyed watching big brother but I would certainly not be willing to participate it in an eposide.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
14 Thank Trublu09
cork city
Reviewed 4 April 2011

Just returned from a weekend stay at Beechview apartments for my sister's hen party. All I can stay is what a place!!! Five star luxury all the way. The pictures on the website need to be updated because they don't do it the justice it deserves. Sharon was the perfect hostess and a fantastic help to me since I originally booked the weekend back in November. She offered help in organising different activities for the weekend and meals for each night we were there. Taxis were also booked and paid for in advance through Sharon. Her help and advice were indispensable. For larger parties this location was ideal as we were all able to gather in the larger penthouse when needed. The personal touch is something that's missing in the tourist industry today but it good to see its alive and kicking at the Beechview Apartments!! The apartments are beautifully appointed, well priced and centrally located. I wish Sharon and Mark every success for the future. My sister's hen party was all we expected and more because of the Sharon's assistance and the wonderful stay we had at Beechview Apartments. Looking forward to staying again in the future

Room Tip: Book the penthouse. A must for larger groups!!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank marnas2
Dublin
Reviewed 8 December 2010

I booked these apartments for my sister's hen. There was a gang of 20 of us and the apartments perfectly suited our needs. Very nicely decorated inside and very spacious. Shop just downstairs which was really handy. Highly recommend for a big group.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 3 December 2010

I stayed in the Beechview apartments for 2 nights in November 2010. There was 6 of us who rented a 3 bed apartment, and a further 8 who rented the penthouse apartment. The apartments are gorgeous, clean and the location is ideal. When booking and looking for directions, Sharon was extremely helpful and polite. On arrival, she was a different story. She was rude and short with us and I felt this was because of our age. All being in our early 20's, perhaps she thought we would be trouble, but if these were her thoughts they were completely unfounded. She told us off like a bunch of school children the minute we entered the door. We had to sit in the living room and be lectured before even looking at the bedrooms! She warned us she ''does not take any s**t'' and if we were not out before 11am what the penalty would be, if we didn't clean up what the penalty would be etc.. I completely understand that every hotel/apartment has house rules and we had no problem listening and obeying but there is a way of saying these things without shouting or cursing. She was not helpful to us in the slightest. She certainly did not organise taxis/dinner, which is why the other reviews are so surprising to me. She also promised a bottle of wine per apartment upon booking which we did not receive. Needless to say, we left the place exactly as we found it and had a fantastic weekend, but the way were spoken to and treated on the first day really put a dampner on it, as well as upsettng and offending us. I would not stay here again, as in the current ecomnomic climate, to speak to customers (who have paid in excess of €1,000 in advance) like that is just unacceptable.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
9 Thank LCH89
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Beechview Apartments was a fabulous venu for my sisters Hen Party. From the 1st enquiry I sent over 5 months prior to the enquiry date - Sharon had replied to me within an hour with a package for my group of 20.  I had a number of enquiries before the initial booking but they were all answered professionally & Sharon organised everything from - Dance Classes on Sat anoon / Dinner Sat Night / Taxis to take is to Langtons. I would highly recomend Beechview Apartments for Hen Party like ours.  Best of Luck Sharon & Mark

• Stayed September 2010