“Comfortable, friendly Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Launard House

Launard House
Ranked #52 of 78 Kilkenny B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Comfortable, friendly Bed and Breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2011

Lovely home with comfortable rooms in a convenient location near the town of Kilkenny. Graham was a wonderful host with a dry sense of humor and a willingness to share information on the area.. The Bed and Breakfast is efficiently managed and environmentally equipped for conservation of resources.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Washington DC area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2011

We recommend this lovely B and B for any visit to Kilkenny. The location is very good, the hosts are very helpful and their little boy is an adorable greeter. The place is very nicely decorated and absolutely spotless. They don't allow drinks or food in the room, but the dining room can be used to make coffe, tea and for snacks. The breakfasts were very good and we felt well taken care of during our two day stay. I have stayed at other B and Bs in the area and this one was defintely way better.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Carol Stream, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2011

Graham and his wife who own this wonderful B&B were just wonderful, well humored, knowledgeable of the area, and helpful to my sister and I in every way! The rooms were clean, comfortable and the breakfast served was wonderful. This is also a wondeful location. We were able to walk into town in less than 15 mins, really only a few blocks from the down town area. Very reasonable price as well.

• Stayed June 2011
Valley Stream, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2011

We were greeted by an adorable British child and waited in a very nice breakfast room until our host came downstairs. He had a map of Kilkenny with everything possible to do there and great tips to get by in the city. This was my 4th day in Ireland and I was a bit sick of pub food so we had great Chinese at the Emerald Garden. I went to the Dunmore Cave because I also had my fill of castles by this point, but had I had more time, I would have gone to the Smithwicks Brewery. The Black Abbey was beautiful. Our host runs a tight ship, great breakfast, beautiful rooms and he's very helpful. He does not allow any eating in the room so come back full!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2011

I stayed at this B&B ten years ago on my last trip to Kilkenny, Ireland. It was like visiting an old friend. The room was spacious and clean. The owners suggested I visit a local site that was not on my itinerary which added to the magic of my trip. Breakfast was terrific!! Couldn't ask for a better place to stay.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
Holbrook, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2011

We had a great stay at Launard House. Beautifully decorated yet very comfortable. Our bedroom, ensuite, was great (and I loved the pillow headboards as well!). Our hosts couldn't have been more friendly, hospitable and helpful. They recommended a great pub for dinner, the Marble City Bar (I think that's the correct name). Terrific full Irish breakfast was served at Launard House. It is located a bit outside the city centre, so you will need to drive or taxi into Kilkenny proper. I would definitely revisit.

Stayed April 2011
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2011

We had a great stay at Launard House. The owners were kind and very helpful. The rooms were clean and we loved the idea of pillows as headboards. They were in the middle of updating and we loved seeing the changes they were making. The only downside was the upstairs shower in our room had very little water pressure and we had trouble getting enough hot water. . .but I do know that was one area they were working on. We would definitely stay here again and we'll tell all our friends about Launard House.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family