“Great ambiance, beers, and food”

Paris Texas Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 238 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Price range: US$4 - US$23
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Despite the name ...very un-Irish...this restaurant was awesome. It is more a restaurant then a pub. But that's okay. There was plenty of room. The service was nicely done: friendly and knowledgeable. The food, including the BBQ, was astounding. It was a highlight of our stay in Kilkenny.

1  Thank Norm S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I ate here recently with three of my friends and we were all highly impressed. The menu is packed full of classic American/BBQ classics. We all went for the 'hot' wings to start which were delicious and came with a really nice blue cheese dip. Three of us went for the ribs for the main. The ribs are great value because you get a good rack of ribs with crispy onions plus two sides. One of us had the fillet steak, and he said it was top class.

There's also a good range of craft beers on tap in Paris Texas, I'd recommend the Caledonian Smooth.

Finally I really have to compliment the staff, they were really helpful, friendly and good craic to boot.

All in all, if you like American food/BBQ then this is the place for you!

1  Thank James B
Reviewed 22 July 2014

On a recent friends birthday we went into Paris Texas for some food and drinks. The food is delicious and plenty of it . The decor is very unusual with lots of different areas to sit . There was live music also which was great.

1  Thank Deirdre C
Reviewed 22 July 2014

we ate lunch in their back area as the bar itself seemed a little dark. this area is glass covered and american looking - there were quite a few visitors/tourist but the food was really quick in coming out. my husband had the pastrami dagwood sandwich which whilst it looked a little anaemic he said it was one of the best he has ever eaten. there is a great atmosphere but it is a bar so in the evening it gets drinkers and diners. service was great and price reasonable - they will also do the food to go if you wish.

1  Thank STICKGIRL
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I cannot stop thinking about the delicious meal I had at Paris Texas in Kilkenny. I ordered a carrot-beet-bean salad, and the server asked if I wanted to add on a meat to my order. On impulse, I chose salmon, thinking it would be cold and mixed in to the salad, as was the case with a similar salad I had in Dublin. What arrived was a colorful, hearty salad and a beautiful salmon steak on the side, grilled to perfection. It was a perfect meal, complemented by a pint of Guinness.

The kids ordered off the children's menu, pretty standard fried fare (e.g., quesadillas with cheese & chicken), but plenty of it. This is a kid-friendly place; they received crayons and pictures to color while we waited for food.

My husband ordered steak and potatoes, and had no complaints (though he did not rave about it either).

Service was spotty and the timing of our food delivery was a little off. Our first server disappeared somewhat after taking our order, and wasn't as attentive as she should have been. Toward the end of our meal, another server took over, and he was more present and friendly.

1  Thank LibbyGH