“Rude bar man very aggressive didn't like when I complained about the standard of food”
Review of Daniel W Bollards

Daniel W Bollards
Ranked #44 of 233 Restaurants in Kilkenny
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: After-hours
Description: restaurant and pub - if you google it - many photos and listings on other pages
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Very very poor used to be fantastic value with a great atmosphere but that has changed dramatically in the last while. I got a lasagne but the portion was so small I thought it was a child's meal when I asked the bar he grabbed the plate from my hand and shouted at me awful experience, the food was salty and reheated. The New European bar man is rude and aggressive.

Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

One of my top places to lunch in Kilkenny, the proprietor always on hand to see if everything is in order. A real place with real food and trad feeling. Eat outside or have a coffee at the tables on the street if the weather is good and soak up the great Kilkenny atmosphere.

Reviewed 25 September 2013 via mobile

This was our first night out in ireland and we were recommended to try here. the weather wasnt too good when we arrive and so to warm us up we both ordered irish stew - lovely warmed us up!! Just on finishing they started with the local music good excuse to stay a little longer. Overall very good would return and would recommend

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Bollards was recommended by our b& b owner and was completely satisfied. The interior was kind of an upscale pub but still homey. The staff was very friendly, the musicians gave more of a real trad session, not a tourist concert. The food was some of the best I had in Ireland. I went two night in a row which was unusual since I usually like to try new places.the music usually starts about 8-8:30 so go early to get some dinner and a good seat

Reviewed 24 September 2013

En route to The Ballilogue Clochan Inn we stopped in Kilkenny, and had lunch in Daniel W Bollard's Pub. To say it was delicious would be an understatement. My husband had trout and I had roast lamb, both of which were served with a great selection of vegetables and potatoes. The lamb was succulent, and tasted like my Mother's cooking of years ago. The food was piping hot, and served quickly. I had homemade apple tart to follow, and it too was such a treat. I wish we had more restaurants like this serving wholesome food, at such reasonable prices. Daniel W Bollard's is a beautiful old world, spotlessly clean warm and welcoming establishment, in the centre of Kilkenny and I highly recommend visitors to the City to go in and experience it for themselves.