“Dissappointing”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Cavan, Ireland
“Dissappointing”
Reviewed 30 June 2011

On arrival we were greeted with a guest wanting to speak to a manager because he was after getting the worst steak he had ever eaten, we gave this the benefit of doubt as we just wanted pizzas, we got these delivered to our room & they looked like something which had come out of a crematorium! very dissappointing, we wanted to watch the prepaid tv which was listed in the room manual, when we inquired about this we were told that reception didnt know anything about this & that it was another company who had installed it & he knew nothing about it! water listed as being in the room as it was SUPPOSE TO BE 4 STAR! & no water available, no details in the room about what facilities were available in their spa, i could go on....

From a very dissappointed newly married couple!

1 Thank newlymarriedcouple
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 2 July 2011
Dear newlymarriedcouple,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com.

I was really disappointed to read your comments and may I take this opportunity to apologise profusely for the inconvenience and obvious upset that was caused to you. I assure you that I have discussed all of your comments in lenght with my team.

The least you can expect from a hotel such as ours is to have a well cooked meal and correct information to hand and I'm sorry that this was not the case on this occasion. I hope that it did not take too much from your holiday.

Finally, I hope that when you return to Kilkenny you might give us the opportunity here to extend you every courtesy and make up to you the inconvenience caused. Please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Stayed over a weekend and will defo be back. Staff excellent and the service is second to non. Room was large and spacious and value for money. Food was just what the doc ordered. Menus not over complicated and the staff in the restaurant were excellent and really attentive but not I your face.

Can only say if your looking for a place to stay in Kilkenny then the Ormonde is now going to be the first choice

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank lovetotravel365101
Dear lovetotravel365101,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I really look forward to welcoming you back when your next in Kilkenny.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 28 June 2011

Got a lovely midweek price for a two night stay. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Lovely breakfast buffet and very modern nicely decorated bar and hotel in general. Hotel was central and very well located to enjoy the surrounding areas. Kilkenny Castle was only down the road (3 minute walk) and plenty of bars and pubs located within walking distance. I would highly recommend this hotel as it met and exceeded my expectations for the cost of the stay. Will definitely be returning and hope to use the leisure facilities next time.

Dear tcotter86,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your midweek stay with us and that you will recommend us. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 25 June 2011

My wife and i stayed at the Ormonde hotel,, for three nights,, it was our wedding anniversary. Mentioned this to the receptionist while waiting for room to be ready,, bit of a delay,, we did not mind waiting but the receptionist did so to our surprise she offered us a suite on the top floor as a complementary gesture,, which we were very greatful for.
The suite was beautiful and we really enjoyed our stay there, This is hotel which really focuses on their guests comfort and welcome,, the staff are so friendly. Special mention to the general manager ,,Colin Aherne,, a very easy going and kind man. He runs a excellent hotel. We would recommend anyone going to Kilkenny to stay there. Martin and Maureen Mc Groarty. Cork .

2 Thank martinmcgroarty3
Dear martinmcgroarty3,

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your anniversary with us and I look forward to welcoming you back personally in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 22 June 2011

thoroughly enjoyed our girlie weekend at kilkenny ormonde.food was delish! staff were lovely and the spa was fab-staff in the spa were so friendly.i intend to return...next time maybe for an extra night!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank nemo1234186605
Dear nemo12341,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm delighted that you and your friends enjoyed your "girlie weekend" and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Dublin
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I stayed here for one night on a business trip in early June 2011. It is an attractive hotel in a typical 'boutique hotel' style. The location is excellent close to the centre of Kilkenny. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was top quality. The carpark at the rear of the hotel is very convenient.

The only negative was that the shower head was broken and it was difficult to have a proper shower. The staff apologised when this was brought to their attention but this marred what would otherwise have been a perfect stay.

Kilkenny is a very good town for eating out and has some excellent bars - well worth a short visit.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
Dear Magairlin,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed Kilkenny and our Hotel, however, my sincere apologies for the malfunction of the shower-head. I hope that it would not put you off coming back and I look forward to welcoming you personally in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 16 June 2011

The hotel isn't the cheapest in Kilkenny, but your experience is worth every penny- rooms are clean, food is great (huge breakfast buffet- we didn't eat lunch!), great bar food in the evenings. Moreover the staff were so friendly and couldn't do enough for you. The hotel itself is in the city centre, but off on quiet Ormonde St so there isn't a problem with street/traffic noise. Parking is €5 a day in the multi-storey car park across the road.

While we were there a huge tour group arrived, yet you'd hardly notice as the staff were very quick to sort the group out & get them their rooms. There's a leisure centre and spa which we didn't avail of (didn't have the time on our break), but the spa had great deals on.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone thinking of staying in Kilkenny.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
Dear CateMcG,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed our facilities. Hopefully next time you return you'll get to use the leisure club and KO Spa. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.