“Nice place great location”

Ranked #9 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice place great location”
Reviewed 4 February 2012

Speedy checkin by the friendly staff followed by tea and warm scones in the bar. Room was clean, however was a but noisy as we were opposite the lift entrance. Lovely breakfast the next day however sausages were a bit cheap, get better ones :) Overall an enjoyable stay in the ormonde, which is in a great location!

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Douzepoints
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Douzepoints,

Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and our location and I hope that the small difficulties you encountered would not put you off returning to us in the future.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Westport, Ireland
Reviewed 3 February 2012

I recently had the joy of reuniting with my dearest friends from college and we chose to meet in the wonderful city of Kilkenny! We opted to stay in the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel (6 of us)! Where to begin?!!- The room was fabulous, spotlessly clean, spacious and the most comfy hotel bed I have slept in!! We were warmly greeted and from the outset the staff couldn't do enough for us!! Brendan in the bar made sure we were kept in beverages and removed all unwanted attention without prompting!! He served with a smile and a touch of professionalism that, unfortunately, is often rare (especially at 3am!!!!) Mags in the restaurant at breakfast (both mornings) went above and beyond the call of duty in ensure our every need was met!! I have never been to Kilkenny before and after this visit I am already planning a return visit with some new recruits!! The hotel is uber central to eveything so I parked my car on Friday evening and did not have to sit into it (reluctantly) until Sunday afternoon (Free parking!!) Even when I had lost my ticket the wonderful reception staff gave me a note to give to Alan to get out!!. Check out Kilkenny Castle and the artists courtyard (less than 3 minutes walk from hotel) The hotel also boasts a rather impressive looking (I didnt want to over exert myself!!) gym, spa and beauty thereapy rooms though book the latter in advance as I discovered they were booked out-another testimony to the quality of services). I could go on but I think you should get the message!! Loved it!!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Ofat,

I'm delighted that you and your friends had such a good time with us recently and we look forward to welcoming you back soon to the Ormonde. I wil pass your kind comments onto those in theTeam who really made a difference to your stay.

Reviewed 2 February 2012

we spent last weekend in the ormonde hotel. this is the fifth january that we have stayed here.i would highly reccommend it and the location is fantastic.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Dear mairead t,

Thank you for coming back again and again and for telling everyone about your experience. We look forward to your return to Kilkenny and the Ormonde next January, if not earlier.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

rooms were spacious and clean ,breakfast was amazing and you weren't rushed out ,what ever you asked for you got and didn't have long to wait .The staff here were very obliging . The residents bar,we found the staff very friendly.Just one thing don't think that guests should have to pay for parking ,not that it was alot .

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Claire M,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel on Tripadvosor.com. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I've passed on your kind comments to my Team here.

Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I spent the weekend of 20 jan in the ormonde. with my husband. we had a great time. the hotel is beautiful ..staff are great, helpful, friendly, and so nice..the breakfast was fab..the pool is great , we used it quite a lot..bedroom was brill could not have asked for a nicer room..the only other thing i can say about this hotel.. is i LOVED every min of my stay there, and cannot wait to go back again... looking forward to another stay with you ...

Room Tip: 403 is a great room ..
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear kim12l,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return. Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review of the Ormonde on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 31 January 2012

Great hotel in a great location. Very friendly and helpful staff. Food is excellent. Will definitely come again. The only complaint I have is about the extorsionate price of drink. 4.60 for a pint of Guinness is ridiculous especially when you can walk down the hill to a pub and get it for 3.80. But this seems to be standard for hotels in Ireland. But over all great hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
Dear Gazza1967,

Thank you for you reveiw of our Hotel and I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay and our location.

Next time you're staying please ask for me and the first pint is with my compliments.

dublin ireland
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Really good hotel very central for touring the city and also shopping. Rooms were excellent and staff helpful . Car parking across street very convenient and only cost €10 for three nights we stayed. Swimming pool a great bonus. Booked room with hotelsireland.com great deals

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 9 February 2012
JimmyPDublin16,

Thanks for your very positive review of our Hotel and your stay here. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,