“Good Location, nothing spectacular”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin
“Good Location, nothing spectacular”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed here for two night. Staff were friendly & helpul. Check in & out was easy. Room was nice & spacious. Within 5min walk of almost everything. I just wouldnt rate it a 4 star hotel. Was pretty average. The breakfast was lacklustre & didnt have as wide a selection as most hotels. Also, the spa & leisure club aren;t actually in the hotel. They're in a separate building across the road & and anybody can use it, not just hotel guests.

Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 19 July 2012
Dear Graham-L-86,

I acknowledge your recent stay at the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel and thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review of our Hotel. I am always delighted to receive comments from our customers, complimentary or otherwise, as it is only by our guests letting us know their views, that we can maintain our high standards.

Whilst I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, I note your comment about breakfast and I apologise profusely if it took from your stay in any way.

For clarification, our Leisure club is not open to the public, but for members and guest only and, although located across the road, is connected to the main Hotel by an underground walkway.

I hope to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future and I look forward to meeting you personally so that I can extend you every courtesy.

Assuring you of my personal service at all times,

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Newbridge, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I just stayed in the Ormonde Last w/end for the first time. We were greeted by very friendly checkin staff and the lobby was very bright and airy and there was no shortage of chairs to sit and relax or have a drink. Check in was very quickly and we received a lovely room which was very spacious and clean. The buffet breakfast was lovely, you could also ask to have your eggs cooked any style and the quick staff were back with your order in no time. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in both Kilkenny and the Ormonde Hotel and I will definately be back again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Car0l74,

Thank you fior taking the time to review the Kilkenny Ormonde HOtel.

I'm delighted that you had a great weekend and that you enjoyed all that this great CIty has to offer.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Waterford, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed here for my friends wedding and we had the perfect weekend. The staff were friendly and helpful and the service throughout the weekend and during the wedding was second to none! I would recommend this as an excellent venue for a weekend away or for a wedding.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Joan M,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel onTripadvisor and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your friend's wedding, in particular. It really is a super location for such celebrations.

We hope to welcome you back soon,

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

This is a typical hotel for tour bus groups. It was fine, but nothing special. The location is quite good for visiting the sites in Kilkenny. You have to park in a public parking garage across the street.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear mtjtkd,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm glad that you enjoyed our location and Kilkenny, in general, and we hope to welcome you back again.

Belfast, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

This is the second time we have stayed in this hotel and both stays have been equally enjoyable. The central location is a big plus as are the excellant spa/health club, the good food and friendly staff.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David C
Dear carolcoll,

Thank you for your lovely review of our Hotel.

We're really glad that you had another great weekend, staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Carlow, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2012

we stayed here for a wedding. the rooms were spacious clean and everything you could need was in it. The staff were friendly, and helpful.It was a lovely wedding reception, the service was great. there was no delay in the meal. The breakfast was great, a buffett style, the food was fresh, and a big variety. I would recommend for a wedding, a short break, or just a night away

Room Tip: we had a family room and it was great, plenty of room
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Dear trisha086,

Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm delighted that you and your family had a nice stay and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Newmarket on Fergus, Clare, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2012

My family stayed in this hotel on a Wednesday until Friday.The food in the bar and restaurant was superb.The staff were very friendly and the receptionists answer any question you might have.The rooms were very spacious and reasonably priced.We enjoyed our stay a lot as we could stroll into the centre of town and could go shopping in the boutiques.This hotel is suitable for all ages from infants to the elderly :).The only minor downfall was that there is only live music at the weekends in the hotel,but it is easy to find live music in the many pubs around town.We will definitely be coming back to stay again soon. :D

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 7 July 2012
Dear Jenny M,

Thank you for posting your reveiw of the Ormonde on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay, the location and our food. We hope to welcome you back again soon.