Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
Hotels.com
Newpark Hotel(Kilkenny)
US$271
US$246
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$187
  • Restaurant
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$168
US$271
  • Restaurant
US$323
US$223
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$200
US$165
Agoda.com
1,814 results
All reviewsormond hotelleisure centrecar parkcentral locationthe heart of the citylovely hotelsaturday nightbars and restaurantslast weekendkids clubenjoyable staychecking outbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelfamily roomgreat weekendafternoon tea
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This hotel is in a fantastic location in the centre of Kilkenny, just a very short walk away from the centre of town and all the local historic attractions. Breakfast was good, staff were helpful and cheerful and we even sampled an Afternoon Tea which was very good. The rooms were fairly basic, business level but comfortable enough and plenty of room for three of us. Our only reservation is that the swimming pool was permanently divided up to allow lane swimming. This meant that the left over area was quite small and not well shaped to have fun and enjoy "leisure" swimming. We asked why this was and were told it was always that way, the end. Even when we asked why they don't have set times when the whole pool can be used by families, this fell on deaf ears and the attendant was a little rude about it. The "serious" swimmers were very unfriendly too. We still had a good time and would definitely return to this hotel for our next visit to this lovely City which is a real gem.

Room Tip: Our group stayed in two rooms in quite different areas of the 2nd floor and both were exactly the same, neither view was better or worse than the other
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Deirdre Y,

Thnak you for your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm really gald that you enjoyed your stay, in general, although I do note your comment about our pool and I apologise if it took from your stay in any way.

I hope to welcome you back to this great City again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I have just returned from this wonderful Hotel after a 5 day stay. My husband myself and 4 children enjoyed a fantastic stay at this spacious and comfortable hotel. Our youngest son is disabled and it is very important to us that he feel comfortable and "at home". We need not have worried. From the moment we arrived, all staff were plesant, helpful and accomodating. The food was lovely, service was prompt and rooms were spotless. The Kids Club was a God Send! Nothing was too much of a problem, especially as we had a few "special" requests around our son.
Thanks to all staff would definately recommed to families and we will definatley be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Bevin O,

Thank you for your review and I'm delighted that you and your family were made feel at home here.

We really appreciate the positive feedback.

Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stayed here for two night. Staff were friendly & helpul. Check in & out was easy. Room was nice & spacious. Within 5min walk of almost everything. I just wouldnt rate it a 4 star hotel. Was pretty average. The breakfast was lacklustre & didnt have as wide a selection as most hotels. Also, the spa & leisure club aren;t actually in the hotel. They're in a separate building across the road & and anybody can use it, not just hotel guests.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Graham-L-86,

I acknowledge your recent stay at the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel and thank you for taking the time and trouble to post your review of our Hotel. I am always delighted to receive comments from our customers, complimentary or otherwise, as it is only by our guests letting us know their views, that we can maintain our high standards.

Whilst I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, I note your comment about breakfast and I apologise profusely if it took from your stay in any way.

For clarification, our Leisure club is not open to the public, but for members and guest only and, although located across the road, is connected to the main Hotel by an underground walkway.

I hope to welcome you back to our Hotel in the near future and I look forward to meeting you personally so that I can extend you every courtesy.

Assuring you of my personal service at all times,

Reviewed 11 July 2012

I just stayed in the Ormonde Last w/end for the first time. We were greeted by very friendly checkin staff and the lobby was very bright and airy and there was no shortage of chairs to sit and relax or have a drink. Check in was very quickly and we received a lovely room which was very spacious and clean. The buffet breakfast was lovely, you could also ask to have your eggs cooked any style and the quick staff were back with your order in no time. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay in both Kilkenny and the Ormonde Hotel and I will definately be back again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Car0l74,

Thank you fior taking the time to review the Kilkenny Ormonde HOtel.

I'm delighted that you had a great weekend and that you enjoyed all that this great CIty has to offer.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 10 July 2012

I stayed here for my friends wedding and we had the perfect weekend. The staff were friendly and helpful and the service throughout the weekend and during the wedding was second to none! I would recommend this as an excellent venue for a weekend away or for a wedding.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Joan M,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel onTripadvisor and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and your friend's wedding, in particular. It really is a super location for such celebrations.

We hope to welcome you back soon,