Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
US$272
US$252
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
US$195
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$270
US$393
US$224
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$167
Lyrath Estate(Kilkenny)
US$300
US$259
Agoda.com
US$165
1,814 results
All reviewsormond hotelleisure centrecar parkcentral locationthe heart of the citylovely hotelsaturday nightbars and restaurantslast weekendkids clubenjoyable staychecking outbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelfamily roomgreat weekendafternoon tea
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I had a fantastic time staying at the Ormonde Hotel in Kilkenny. The staff where always very helpful and the food was excellent. The hotel is central to the local shops, castle and other amenities. I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone and go back to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Please advise staff of any of your requirements
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise D
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Dear Denise D,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and its great to read that you would recommend us in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed here last weekend with my boyfriend. We both had a brilliant time! Cannot say enough about the staff, so helpful and friendly. The room was clean, modern and comfortable, the bed was very very hard to leave in the mornings! Sooo comfy. We had breakfast both mornings which was tasty and fresh, there was a wedding on the Saturday so it was very busy in the breakfast room on the Sunday morning but we weren't waiting at all. The staff really do go above and beyond for you. Can't recommend this Hotel enough. I've a wedding to go to in Langtons in October but I'll definitely be staying in The Ormonde.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear serena1982,

Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel on TripAdvisor.com

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in October.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stayed here prior to having kids and found it great for location, thats almost 10 years ago. Stayed again very recently with our two kids and found it even better.Leisure facilities great, especially baby pool which not every hotel has,close to castle, short walk with kids, and restuarants all around you. Superior room good size for 2 adults, 2 kids. Will go back for sure. 129 euros well spent !!!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank terry m

Dear terry m,

I'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you all back soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

My husband, daughter and I have just returned from a stay here. We booked a junior suite thinking that we could keep our 6 month old in her nighttime routine and relax in the separate living area after putting her to bed. The suite was fairly small to start with but it would have to do. We've stayed in 3,4 and 5 star accommodation all over the world and this was not what we would have expected from a 4 star suite!! I began to worry when I saw a desk fan in the bedroom... The room had no air conditioning!!!! Worrying for us with a small baby as we didn't want her to overheat. The room was sweltering even with the fan on and all the windows open!!! I then discovered that there was no mini bar in the room therefore no fridge - something which would have been useful to us with baby food etc.... There was an empty cupboard which was clearly designed for a fridge so we asked if it would be possible to have a fridge sent up but no this couldn't be accommodated. I then had to ask for a second fan as I didn't want my baby to overheat. On day 2 we went down for breakfast which was fine only that we had to ask 4 times for coffee!!! We arrived back at our room shortly after to find clean towels and toiletries lying outside our door!!!! I phoned down to reception to ask if we were expected to clean our own room... After that they sent someone up to clean the room. The room service menu is very limited. If you must stay here don't have the afternoon tea.... It was simply awful. The sandwiches were appalling, the milk and cream were off and the scones were rock hard.... We pretty much left it untouched. All in all the hotel is ok but a 3 star at best (and I'm being extremely generous). Kilkenny itself though is lovely and we'll definitely be back but not to the Ormonde I'm afraid.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank MJWBELFAST

Dear MJWBELFAST,

I acknowledge your recent stay at the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel and thank you for taking the time and trouble to give me your feedback. I am always delighted to receive comments from our customers, complimentary or otherwise, as it is only by our guests letting us know their views, that we can maintain our high standards.

It is very important to me that our guests have a good experience throughout the entire hotel and I cannot offer any excuses to you if we failed, in any way, at what I believe we do best. The least you should expect from a hotel such as ours is to have a good night’s sleep in comfortable surroundings and I am sorry that this was not the case, on this occasion. May I take this opportunity to apologise profusely for any inconvenience or upset we caused you and I assure you that it is certainly not the norm here. I have spoken in length, just this morning, with my Team and although, it may be of little comfort to you now, I am certain that no future guest will have to experience such a poor standard of service.

Your room had not been serviced and the linen and towels were left outside your door, as you had left put a "do not disturb" sign on you door handle.

As you didn't take the opportunity to speak with us when you were here or complete a comment card, I would be delighted if you would contact me personally, should you choose to, so that I can extend you every courtesy and a competitive rate, should you return.

Assuring you of my personal service at all times,

Reviewed 16 July 2012

This hotel is in a fantastic location in the centre of Kilkenny, just a very short walk away from the centre of town and all the local historic attractions. Breakfast was good, staff were helpful and cheerful and we even sampled an Afternoon Tea which was very good. The rooms were fairly basic, business level but comfortable enough and plenty of room for three of us. Our only reservation is that the swimming pool was permanently divided up to allow lane swimming. This meant that the left over area was quite small and not well shaped to have fun and enjoy "leisure" swimming. We asked why this was and were told it was always that way, the end. Even when we asked why they don't have set times when the whole pool can be used by families, this fell on deaf ears and the attendant was a little rude about it. The "serious" swimmers were very unfriendly too. We still had a good time and would definitely return to this hotel for our next visit to this lovely City which is a real gem.

Room Tip: Our group stayed in two rooms in quite different areas of the 2nd floor and both were exactly the same, neither view was better or worse than the other
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Deirdre Y,

Thnak you for your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm really gald that you enjoyed your stay, in general, although I do note your comment about our pool and I apologise if it took from your stay in any way.

I hope to welcome you back to this great City again soon.