“Serviceable Hotel”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Older hotel in the middle of Kilkenny. It seems to cater mostly to tour groups. We had a triple room - it was huge and very comfortble. The TV did not work, but did not called it in as we were spending only only night here. The hotel has an arrangement with the parking garage across the street - 5 euro/night. Breakfast was OK, but the breads felt somewhat stale.

The hotel and room were very clean and the staff were pleasant. The best thing about the hotel is the location which is near the KIlkenny castle. It is a good choice for a couple of days if you can get a promo rate.

Room Tip: Away from the elevators is best - noisy door to get into elevator foyer in every floor.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Troy86
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Dear Troy86,

Whilst I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, I'm disappointed that your stay appears to have been average in some aspects.

That you for your constructive comments and I assure you we will work on them.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We stayed just one night at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and accomodating. We had parking right across the street in a public ramp. The hotel had an agreement with them to charge 5 Euro per 24 hours. Room was a bit dated and worn, but otherwise very clean.
The castle is an easy 5 minute walk from the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear JLSLC,

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that you took full advantage of our fantastic location.

I hope that you get a chance to revisit us some day.

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We spent two nights recently at the Ormonde Hotel. The rooms were clean, spacious and quiet. The service was professional. Food was very good with generous portions. Best of all the location of this hotel is brilliant. You are right in the centre of Kilkenny. Free WIFI in the lobby. No real issues with our stay here. I only wish the coffee that was offered free in the lobby did not disappear in the early morning which is when jet lagged foreigners need it most. I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Kilkenny.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Goldlevel,

Thank you for your very kind review of the Ormonde.

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay and I'm delighted that you would recommend us to your friends.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We enjoyed our two-night stay here. I would have given it five stars except our luggage was not secured behind the front desk when we were waiting for our room check-in. I could easily have walked off with another guests luggage that was also parked casually there....but everything else was first class : )

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank etlaif

Dear etlaif,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel. Whilst I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay , in general, I note your comment about the luggage. our front desk is manned at all times and I assure you that there is no opportunity for anyone to take anything that is not theirs.

I hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 22 July 2012

I had a fantastic time staying at the Ormonde Hotel in Kilkenny. The staff where always very helpful and the food was excellent. The hotel is central to the local shops, castle and other amenities. I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone and go back to stay in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Please advise staff of any of your requirements
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise D

Dear Denise D,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay and its great to read that you would recommend us in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed here last weekend with my boyfriend. We both had a brilliant time! Cannot say enough about the staff, so helpful and friendly. The room was clean, modern and comfortable, the bed was very very hard to leave in the mornings! Sooo comfy. We had breakfast both mornings which was tasty and fresh, there was a wedding on the Saturday so it was very busy in the breakfast room on the Sunday morning but we weren't waiting at all. The staff really do go above and beyond for you. Can't recommend this Hotel enough. I've a wedding to go to in Langtons in October but I'll definitely be staying in The Ormonde.

• Stayed: July 2012

Dear serena1982,

Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel on TripAdvisor.com

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in October.

Reviewed 19 July 2012

Stayed here prior to having kids and found it great for location, thats almost 10 years ago. Stayed again very recently with our two kids and found it even better.Leisure facilities great, especially baby pool which not every hotel has,close to castle, short walk with kids, and restuarants all around you. Superior room good size for 2 adults, 2 kids. Will go back for sure. 129 euros well spent !!!!

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank terry m

Dear terry m,

I'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you all back soon.