“Kilkenny trip”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Cork, Ireland
“Kilkenny trip”
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I recently stayed in the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel with my friends for my birthday. I thought the staff were so friendly when we were having dinner. My friends got me a cake & we had it in the room. When one of the girls went down to get a knife to cut the cake, she said the staff couldn't have been nicer. They gave her plates, napkins & forks aswell. Plus the hotel is right in the centre of Kilkenny. Great spot. Will definately be going back.

1 Thank CaitrionaOL2013
Cra238, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear CaitrionaOL2013,

Thank you for your very kind review of our Hotel. I'm delighted that you and your friends enjoyed yourselves and I hope that you can return soon.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Loved Kilkenny and loved this hotel. It's great location made it easy to walk around and see all the local sights. Only one block away from the wonderful Kilkenny Castle. The room was comfortable and clean. Dinner was good as was breakfast, though more selection at the buffet would be nice. My only complaint here is the ironing board in the room, it kept collapsing while I was ironing. I checked the underside to find out what was wrong with it and it is simply its design. Nothing you can do to fix it, they just need new ones that are engineered better.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cunningtim
Dear cunningtim,

I'm delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I appreciate your feedback about the Ironing Board. I hope that it did not take too much from you stay and that you will get an opportunity to visit us again.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Myself and 8 Welsh friends stayed in this wonderful, welcoming City Centre hotel for the Kilkenny Roots Festival on May Bank Holiday weekend, From the moment we arrived we knew we were in for a treat. The check in staff could not have been more accommodating. The feeling of genuine Irish hospitality in abundance. The rooms were magnificent and so quiet we could have been in the middle of Connemara. Breakfast superb. Pool and Spa facilities were huge and immaculate. The location is absolutely perfect for exploring the city. Great pubs and restaurants. May I give a special mention to Henderson's Harp Bar on the High St. An old style charming pubbed, manned by great barmen Richie and Murt. Everywhere worth going to is a 5 minute walk from the Ormonde. But the real jewel in this Kilkenny crown is the welcome extended by the fabulous staff. Colin and his staff are running a steady ship here. Do yourselves a favour fellow travellers and enjoy the delights of the KK Ormonde. I am a confirmed Kilkenny Convert now and will be back with a great degree of regularity.

Room Tip: Ask for high floor towards the back. My room was 317. A huge room with a queen size and a good size...
1 Thank irishrover8
Dear irishrover8,

Thank you for your very kind review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit, Kilkenny and the fabulous Rhythm & Roots festival.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon,

Dublin
Reviewed 9 May 2013

stayed here on one of the spa breaks with my sisters .
Hotel was fully booked but the staff still couldn't do enough for you .
you would know it was because they wanted to help and not because they had to !
We had dinner in the restaurant and couldn't not fault the food or service .
I had one of the best Facial.s ever in the spa. If you can treat yourself do;-)
Hotel is right in the center of Kilkenny with everything on your door step .
The bar was quite but with a big range of pubs and clubs so close this is not a problem.
All in all a great place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank gc65
Cra238, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 10 May 2013
Dear gc65,

Thank you for your lovely review of our Hotel and I'm particularly delighted that you and your sisters enjoyed your spa break in our KO Spa.

I look forward to welcoming you back at some stage in the future.

Cavan
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Just back from an overnight in Ormonde Hotel Kilkenny. We were attending a wedding in a different hotel so our time in Ormonde was rather short. Great location in city centre - very close to castle. Room was pleasant but would have liked some more light in it. Bathroom was functional, but would benefit from little bit of freshening up. The bed was really comfy, and the staff was very helpful. I had requested late check-out and it was confirmed promptly and efficiently. I'm not a great fan of buffet breakfast, but the lady running the show at breakfast was amazing. Leisure centre lovely. All in all - really nice hotel, and would intend to return for a longer stay next time

Room Tip: As hotel is located in a cul de sac, I'd say they are all fine. We were facing onto front stree...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank June D
Dear June D,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay in general although I do note your comments about bathroom and lighting and I hope that it did not take from your stay too much.

I look forward to your return.

Eire
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Nice Clean Hotel. Parking across the street in the multi story carpark was ideal. Cost €5 for the day/night.The check in was quick, the girl at the desk was very helpful. The room was very spacious. Breakfast was very good, help yourself to sausages, rashers, black/white puddings, scrambled egg. Boiled/poached eggs available on request. Tea/coffee. Hotel was right in the centre of the night life.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Bobnoxious1,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. It was great to read that you enjoyed all Kilkenny has to offer and I hope that you get a chance to return soon.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed in this hotel on Friday night. Everything was perfect. Central location with convenient parking, quiet and spacious room and bathroom. Feather duvet which in my opinion always raises a hotel a notch. Breakfast and the service was pleasant and excellent. Brought fresh coffee without being asked. We found all staff to be very approachable and helpful. You can't beat this hotel if you want to visit Kilkenny City.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. You may not have a good view but you will be away from any street noise.
Dear Esther C,

Thank you for your very kind review of the Ormonde Hotel. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay, especially our duvets and breakfast.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.