“A wonderful relaxing stay”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
dublin
“A wonderful relaxing stay”
Reviewed 17 May 2013

We booked in for 2 days for a wedding last weekend. The wedding was in another location and we chose the Ormonde becuase it's in the middle of town but off the main street. The room was very large and very comfortable. The bed was especially comfortable and I was very impressed with the breakfast. All in all, I would highly recommend it and will certainly be returning.

1 Thank aoife a
Cra238, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 24 May 2013
Dear aoife a,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your stay with us on Tripadvisor.com. I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Waterford, Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed 17 May 2013

Myself and my husband booked at last minute as we needed a break away and the Ormonde was just fantastic. Stayed in a Suite on Floor 4 and room was really lovely. Only thing was it was a little cool temperature wise but it suited us as we dont like very warm rooms.
Bar food was tasty and staff in bar and reception were really friendly.
Locationwise it could not have been better. In the middle of town but without the noise of traffic which is a bonus.

Room Tip: The Suite is def worth the bit extra especially for a treat.
1 Thank Clodagh F
Dear Clodagh F,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our Hotel. I'm delighted that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 May 2013

Right in the middle of everything, the Ormonde location is great. Parking is easy right across the street. Very nice accommodations in every way. We did not eat at the hotel, but the bar and restaurant had several patrons. Our only complaint was the firmness of the bed. We like affirm mattress, but these were very uncomfortable to both of us. Still a nice hotel.

1 Thank Beachdeac
Dear Beachdeac,

Whilst I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, i do note your comment about the bed. May I take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused and I hope that it would not deter you from another visit.

Reviewed 15 May 2013

really enjoy our stay here.... staff was soo helpful and very friendly.... the room was lovely and very spacious as was the bathroom which was a plus as there was 4 girls in one room so no fighting over the mirror!!!..wifi was widely available and the food was delicious... Roisin at reception was nice to us too one of our friends was checking in on her own so she made sure that her room was close to our room which was nice and she recommended us places to go to that night..... would def come back to this hotel again:):)

1 Thank Hellie83
Dear Hellie83,

Thank you for your very kind review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor. I'm delighted tat you enjoyed yourselves and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

London, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Very impressed with this hotel, accommodations are fantastic... great spa to relax after a day of touring...Meals are wonderful. A must see while in Kilkenny is the Kyteler's Inn... One of Ireland oldest pubs..Lots of great shops, all within walking distance of the hotel... Very safe area..

1 Thank Linda H
Dear Linda H,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your review. Our location in perfect for visiting the great attractions in Kilkenny, including Kyteler's Inn.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 14 May 2013

I recently stayed in the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel with my friends for my birthday. I thought the staff were so friendly when we were having dinner. My friends got me a cake & we had it in the room. When one of the girls went down to get a knife to cut the cake, she said the staff couldn't have been nicer. They gave her plates, napkins & forks aswell. Plus the hotel is right in the centre of Kilkenny. Great spot. Will definately be going back.

1 Thank CaitrionaOL2013
Dear CaitrionaOL2013,

Thank you for your very kind review of our Hotel. I'm delighted that you and your friends enjoyed yourselves and I hope that you can return soon.

San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 May 2013

Loved Kilkenny and loved this hotel. It's great location made it easy to walk around and see all the local sights. Only one block away from the wonderful Kilkenny Castle. The room was comfortable and clean. Dinner was good as was breakfast, though more selection at the buffet would be nice. My only complaint here is the ironing board in the room, it kept collapsing while I was ironing. I checked the underside to find out what was wrong with it and it is simply its design. Nothing you can do to fix it, they just need new ones that are engineered better.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cunningtim
Dear cunningtim,

I'm delighted that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I appreciate your feedback about the Ironing Board. I hope that it did not take too much from you stay and that you will get an opportunity to visit us again.