“60th celebration”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin Ireland
“60th celebration”
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

I recently visited with family to celebrate a birthday. The hotel was buzzing with visitors from home and abroad. . Dinner was excellent and great value ..the cake they baked for the occasion was superb..its location is excellent close to all Kilkenny has to offer. I certainly be returning. .

• Stayed August 2013
Cra238, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
Dear MariahDublin,

Thank you for your lovely review of our Hotel, I'm delighted that you had a lovely time and enjoyed a milestone family celebration.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Bedale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Had a 2 night stay in a room that was very comfortable & luckily very quiet. We found the whole hotel extremely friendly & welcoming. Breakfast staff were very helpful with swift service. Great stopover if your visiting Kilkenny. Downside, make sure you take your toiletries not much on offer in the bathroom...

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Cra238, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 2 October 2013
Dear sandra H,

Thank you for your kind review about our Hotel. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, although I do note your comment about the toiletries. I hope that it did not take too much from your stay and rest assured we can always replace or deliver more if required.

wexford
Reviewed 4 September 2013

stayed here recently , loved the location , the room , the food , the leisure centre and a reasonable price . Good service in all departments . the location is fantastic near all city centre and kilkenny castle , which was great for a walk around the woods on the ground. will def return in the future

thanks ormonde

1 Thank maria1973wexford
Dear maria1973wexford,

I'm delighted that you and your family had an enjoyable stay with us. Thank you for the review and I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We have stayed in this hotel since 2000. I have never had to complain about anything at all,staff are excellent from the moment you stay until you leave. Rooms are spotless and cleaning staff are very thorough. I would not dream of staying anywhere else but the Kilkenny Ormonde. It is very central to all shops and amenities in the town. Food is great too.

Linda Mulraney, Dublin

2 Thank Lingblob
Cra238, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Dear Lingblob,

Thank you fro posting your review of the Ormonde. We are always delighted to welcome you here and hope to see you again soon.

Chicago,Illinois
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed here 10 days ago, hotel needs a review of their policies regarding guest comfort. Rooms could use an updating but the main reason that our stay was ruined was due to the fact that a banquet for 17 and 18 year olds turned rowdy. Fire alarms were set off by them at 11:45 pm with only one reveler being ejected from the hotel in a very loud manner. Then alarms were set off twice more allowing us no sleep until after 2:30 am when the entire party was ejected from the hotel. These revelers were allowed to get into their cars in the garage and drive off into the night in their drunken state.

2 Thank Wombat999
Cra238, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Dear Wombat999,

Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel on TripAdvisor.com.

I am always delighted to receive comments from our customers, complimentary or otherwise, as it is only by our guests letting us know their views, that we can maintain our high standards.
I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, although I do note your comments about the disruption from the function and I apologise if it took from your stay in any way.

I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ormonde in the future and I have listed my contact details below should you wish to discuss your experiences in person with me. I would be delighted to speak with you.

e: colin@kilkennyormonde.com
t: 00353 567750200
Cavan
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Stayed here for mid week mini holiday with my hubby, 7 and 2 year old, we had a family room which was adequate however I do agree with another guest that the family could do with a mini fridge for even milk or yogurts for the kids. The room was clean as was the bathroom, there wasn't any noise at night either even with the debs ball that was on in one of the function rooms. There was no air conditioning so at times it was very warm especially with 4 of us in room. One of the lifts stunk of vomit all the time we were there with a hint of febreeze over it, even my 2 year old commented on it. A lot of the carpets were quite stained and looked like they needed replacing or a deep clean, the swimming pool area was quite dirty looking and there was a musty smell in the pool area, the corridor to the leisure area also smelled damp and musty, a deep clean and makeover defo needed. The staff were friendly tho, we had dinner in o,reillys bar which was nice but portions were quite small but barman did bring crayons for the kids which kept them entertained, breakfast was also nice and the waiting staff were very friendly and helpful. It was nice and I would stay again but more for a social setting rather than a family holiday.

1 Thank Shellybeard
Dear Shelleybeard,

Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel on TripAdvisor.com.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, although I do note your comments about the carpets and the leisure club and I apologise if it took from your stay in any way.

e: colin@kilkennyormonde.com
t: 00353 567750200
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2013

we went to the Ormonde hotel for 3 nights, in mid Aug 2013. We stayed in kilkenny last year and decided to try out this hotel. the next visit. we booked 4 rooms all on the 3rd floor. The rooms were spotless and very well layed out, it could not be faulted. The bar was nice but we sit out side as the weather was great. In the morning the breakfast was one off the best we have had in any hotel. There was so many staff and they could not do enough for you. we did eat dinner in the hotel on the tuesday night and again it was a great meal. 10 out of 10 All in all the hotel and the staff were great. We did all agree we will be back I hope sooner than later.

peter

Belfast

Room Tip: rooms 311 312 are super we set and looked at the kilkenny castle having morning coffee.