“1 night plus 1 free”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
kildare
“1 night plus 1 free”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

had the pleasure of staying in this lovely hotel recently for 2 nights this will be a short review because one word describes the ormonde SUPREME ! a delightful place brilliant location near shops pubs castle train station fab staff nothing was too much for them we will be back the bar food was above average

Room Tip: they are allgood
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Cra238, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear annegdonegan,

Thank you for your very kind review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed our location and food in particular and I hope to welcome you back to our Hotel again in the future.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 November 2013

The room we were in was not worth what we paid, although towels changed on a daily basis. Breakfast was average, plates & bowels not all that clean and on our last morning breakfast was busy and we felt that they were quite understaffed! Everywhere was relatively clean except there was a tray full of left over breakfast left outside the room opposite us for around 24hours! What made our stay was the residence bar man Eamon and the doorman Tony, they were both very friendly to everyone and did their job very well! There was not one non residence allowed the door of the hotel after about 1am! Overall the staff were very good but he hotel was only okay

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank MegDaley
Dear MegDaley,

Whilst I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, i do note the comments you have made and I apologise profusely if they took from your night away.

I have spoken with all my team about your experience and passed one your kind comments to both Eamon & Tony.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future and please contact me personally so that I can extend you every courtesy.

Ireland
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Stayed here on a voucher recently and quite happy with the stay. Great location in the heart of the city and just around the corner from the castle. Really close to pubs, restaurants and shopping. The hotel is comfortable and the staff are very friendly. Food in the main restaurant was very nice. The only downside is you have to pay for parking at 5 euro a day but not the end of the world - you expect this to some degree being in the heart of the city.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear xyz49,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and our location in this great City of Kilkenny.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Lowell, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Our tour group stayed here one night during our trip through Ireland. The room was adequate but the beds and bedding need improvement. The restaurant and bar were good and the hotel's proximity to town was a plus.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear LASO2,

Thank you fro taking the time to review our Hotel on TripAdvisor. Whilst I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, i do note your comment about the bedding and I apologise if it took from the experience in any way.

I really hope that you enjoyed your holiday in Ireland.

Reviewed 13 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Ormonde with my mum and two sisters on the "mother& daughter" package. The staff were really friendly, the service was excellent and the package was great value for money!we really enjoyed the spa treatment& our afternoon tea! I was so happy with the hotel that I have rebooked a visit with my husband & baby next month! I'm looking forward to returning to this lovely hotel!

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Offalymammy,

Thank you for posting your very kind review of the Ormonde Hotel. I'm really glad that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back next month.

Ballina, Ireland
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed for 3 nights recently and we had a great time. 3 nights b and b and 2 evening meals, scones on arrival, fantastic value. Breakfast excellent as was the dinner. Staff were very friendly and helpful in every way. Swimming pool very good. The only downside was there was no lifeguard on duty during the busy period when children were off school. Besides that it is a fantastic hotel to come to and we will be returning.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear Nuala O,

Thank you for your lovely review of our Hotel. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to welcome you back again soon.

navan co meath ireland
Reviewed 4 November 2013

The staff of the Kilkenny Ormonde hotel from the minute we arrived at reception to the minute we left were efficient pleasant and helpful. The restaurant was very busy for breakfast so there was a 10 minute waiting time and in these times it was good to see a hotel so busy.The leisure facilities and the KO Spa relieved all stress away. Despite being situated in the city center it was a tranquil and haven of comfort.

Room Tip: "Suite 409 is quite and comfortable"
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Cra238, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear angela_smyth,

I'm delighted that you had a comfortable and relaxing stay and thank you for the lovely review. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,