Pembroke Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
US$105
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
US$124
US$105
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$82
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
US$130
Kilkenny River Court Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$89
  • Restaurant
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$68
US$63
Travelocity
US$290
US$197
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$73
US$71
US$74
US$66
Agoda.com
1,797 results
All reviewsormond hotelleisure centrecar parkcentral locationthe heart of the citylovely hotelsaturday nightbars and restaurantslast weekendkids clubenjoyable staychecking outbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelfamily roomgreat weekendafternoon tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2013

We stayed at the Ormonde for 2 nights while attending a Wedding in December. The Wedding was hosted in the hotel.
The hotel seemed reasonable, but nothing spectacular. The room on the 2nd floor was clean, spacious and reasonably comfortable. The TV and hair dryer functioned as required and there were no problems with the water temperature and pressure in the shower.
Breakfast in the mornings was perfectly acceptable but nothing to get excited about.
The large lobby with ample seating seemed quite nice and as we were at a wedding it served as a useful space for Wedding guests to catch up and exchange stories the morning after. The staff even accepted food orders as breakfast had already completed and the breakfast room was no longer available.
It has now been 3 weeks since our stay at the Ormonde and when I think back on our visit, my abiding memories are none of the above but rather:
1. The clogged sink in our bathroom. Even while brushing your teeth the sink filled and generally took about an hour to drain. In fairness we should have reported it to the hotel staff, but as our stay was short and we were rushing from event to event we never got around to it. However our room was serviced during our stay and we were surprised that the cleaning staff did not pick up on this. The sink certainly appeared to have been cleaned.
2. The front door that was almost impossible to close. I don't think our room was the exception as I heard other guests slamming their doors several times too.
3. Nearly checking out without having to pay. Upon handing back my room card to the receptionist, I was advized that no further action was required as the room had already been paid for. This did not sound correct, so I asked her to check again. She then confirmed that I did in fact need to pay, although only for one night, as the other was free. I appreciate the free night (although I am not clear why it was free, it may have been a special discount for the Wedding guests), but what would have happened if I had left without paying? Would my card have been charged retroactively without me knowing it?
Overall it was not a bad experience. The wedding was very pleasant and the bride and groom seemed very happy. I understand that they had planned the reception quite closely with the hotel staff, so they are far better placed to review this hotel, but I think the hotel staff deserve some credit for generally making the guests feel comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Expatriate_in_India
ColinRAhern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Dear Expatriate_in_India,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Whilst I'm glad that you enjoyed the wedding you attended, in general, I'm disappointed to read of the problems that occurred and I apologise profusely if they took from your stay in any way.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Stayed here for two nights in December 2013. Rooms are clean and well equiped. Hotel is in great location for exploring kilkenny. There is lots to see and do in kilkenny you won't be bored!
The hotel staff were very nice. Parking is in a car park across the road and is €5 a night.
The breakfast in the hotel was good, lots of choice.
Will be back to stay again,

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
ColinRAhern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear 504SallyD,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay. Thanks for the very kind review and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

Attended and stayed for an Xmas party night here on 6th Dec 2013. Firstly I must say the food was fabulous ( turkey/ham) and staff were ever so friendly and helpful. The rooms were very clean and tidy but stifling hot for some reason. Now to the party itself, the band were no where near good and very noisy. They created no Christmas atmosphere what so ever. They played about six Xmas songs in the whole night. Not a good party over all but would highly recommend the hotel itself for a stay.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Georgeevelyn,

Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel. Whilst I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay in general I do note your comment about the entertainment and i apologise if it took from your stay with us.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Myself and my 4 friend's booked rooms for the 6th and 7th of December as soon as we walked into the hotel we knew it was going to be a lovely stay. Such nice staff they are so friendly. And the food was also lovely. I so loved the lobby area. and the rooms were spotless.i give the hotel 10 out of 10 can't fault it at all . I'm looking forward to my next visit all ready.Louise Doyle

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Louise D

Dear Louise D,

Thank you very much for your very kind review. I'm delighted to read that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

We held our wedding reception at the Ormonde Hotel last Friday. We can't thank the management and staff enough. We were made feel so special all day . The food and service was top class , I would defiantly recommend the Ormonde hotel as a top wedding venue .
To Louise, sinead Colin and all at the Ormonde thank ye all so much
Michael & Kathleen Eardly xx

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Kathleen L,

Thank you for your very kind review of our Hotel. I'm delighted that we were able to play a small part in making your big day a success and we wish you every health and happiness in the future.