“Lovely hotel”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Waterford, Ireland
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed overnight with friends on a shopping trip - this hotel is perfectly located - less than a minute and you are in the middle of lovely shops / restaurants etc - a little more than a minute and you reach the beautiful castle . The hotel itself is lovely .. Nice communal sitting areas to relax and there is a nice calm quiet atmosphere in this area - perfect for chilling out with a glass of wine or cup of tea. The main bar was livelier and does decent bar food - there's a nice outdoor seating area . The rooms are spacious and comfortable with good linen and spotlessly clean. We ate in savour restaurant - the food was excellent and the service from one lady in particular was very good . At checkout the receptionist was particularly helpful when we asked about family packages which they offer with kids clubs in holiday time etc. we didn't use the leisure centre but intend to next time we stay. Overall I thoroughly recommend this hotel for couples, friends, business and families alike .

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
ColinRAhern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Waterford55,

Thank you so much for the very kind review and recommendation. I hope you enjoyed shopping in this great City and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ormonde Hotel again some day soon.

Kind Regards,

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Just returned from perfect break in this first class hotel Food service and accommodation was excellent We were upgraded to the bridal suite despite being married for nearly 40 years Would certainly return to stay in this hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear david i,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your recent celebratory stay with us and thank you for the very kind review.

Yours in Service,

Hummels Wharf, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

On our 9 day tour of Ireland the Ormonde Hotel in Kilkenny was our second hotel. It is such a beautiful hotel in the heart of Kilkenny. We had dinner in their resturant that evening. The food was great and the atmosphere was wonderful. The view from our room was looking out over the main street which was wonderful. Would highly recommend this hotel if you are in Kilkenny.
Kathy Young
Hummels Wharf, PA

Room Tip: Front rooms have a wonderful view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Kathy Y,

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent holiday in Ireland and that you were able to take in our wonderful City of Kilkenny. Thank you for the very kind review and recommendation.

Kind Regards,

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Hotel is very well situated, it was great being able to walk (with a 5 year old) with ease to Kilkenny Castle and town.
Restaurant was disappointing, and over priced
Our little one loved the leisure centre
Staff were helpful and accommodating, rooms comfortable
Only complaint is that on Pancake Tuesday pancakes were only available as extra t breakfast much to the surprise of our 5 yr old who was excited over going down to breakfast expecting pancakes. She did delight in the special menu ordered pancakes (at extra cost)

Room Tip: Careful of light coming through dormer windows
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Duck_1861,

I’m really glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay, in general, although I do note your comments about the restaurant and pancakes. May I take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused and I hope that it did not take too much from the rest of your stay.

I hope to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future and look forward to meeting you personally so that I can extend you every courtesy.

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Stayed here with our family. The foyer is fantastic as you can come down and relax with the children but not have to sit in a bar setting. It is at the end of the shopping streets of Kilkenny and a short walk from Kilkenny Castle. You would not need a car really - we parked and walked everywhere. The room was very comfortable and breakfast good. Overall a very pleasant experience and we would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ColinRAhern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear PiranhaIreland,

Thank you for your review and recommendation. I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you to Kilkenny again soon.

Yours in Service,

Cardiff, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Recently we had one night to kill in Ireland so we were put up in the Ormonde Hotel in Kilkenny
The room was comfortable but could do with a little updating in the bathroom area, however comfortable.
We had a meal in the hotel that evening, it didn't go to well as the fish I ordered was well over cooked. However the staff were brilliant at sorting out the problem.
take a walk in Kilkenny at night it is buzzing take a trip to the Hole in the Wall pub ( and I do mean hole in the wall) for a brilliant night of music and fun

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear photoman5,

I’m really glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, although I do note your comment about your meal. May I take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused and I hope that it did not take too much from the rest of your stay.

The Hole in the Wall Pub is certainly worth a visit and is only around the corner from the hotel which is a plus!

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Had a fab two-night, girly break! Great location for strolling around the city and so close to all the nightlife. Hotel lobby is gorgeous and staff very friendly. Breakfast was good but not great, not great choice of hot food for a vegetarians. The room was comfortable and clean.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Mary T,

I’m really glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, although I do note your comment about breakfast. May I take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused and I hope that it did not take too much from the rest of your stay.