“Location is perfect for exploring Kilkenny”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Centerton, Arkansas
“Location is perfect for exploring Kilkenny”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The location of this hotel is perfect for exploring Kilkenny. It's just a short walk to the castle, restaurants, shops and pubs. The rooms are your standard hotel rooms. There is a pub and restaurant in the hotel. The breakfast was your standard buffet.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
ColinRAhern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear MeraldaSue,

I'm really glad to read that you enjoyed your stay in Kilkenny and I hope that you get the opportunity to return again soon. Thank you for the review.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 23 June 2014

If we had it to do again....we wouldn't change a thing! The wedding team were a joy to deal with from the very first day we met them (about 18 months before our wedding date) and we were made to feel relaxed and reassured at every point. The day itself was the fantastic, the room was decorated lovely, service was excellent, food was delicious and we wish we could do it all again! We couldn't recommend the Kilkenny Ormonde highly enough.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear Anton L,

I'm delighted that we could play a small part in making your big day a success. Thank you for choosing the Ormonde and thank you for the great recommendation. We wish you both every success and happiness in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Our wedding at the Ormonde Hotel, Kilkenny was the most wonderful experience. The staff there, especially Sinead, went over and beyond what we expected. When we saw the room at the wedding fair we really loved it, but when it came to our wedding day and we walked into the reception room, we were blown away. Every little detail was seen to, it looked beautiful. Also, the guests at our wedding were so impressed with the food and the service (especially when they came around again with more meat!!). We really and truly can't recommend the Ormonde enough. It was a wonderful experience that we will remember forever.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
ColinRAhern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Susan K,

Thank you for your very kind review and we are just delighted that we could play a small part in making your special day a success. We hope to see you very soon.

Yours in Service,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Stayed in the Ormonde Hotel for one night with 17 others as part of our Social Work Club. This hotel is beautiful and cannot fault it at all. Rooms are spotless and spacious. Food in hotel was lovely. Hotel is situated in a quiet street just off the main street in Kilkenny. Kilkenny is a great place to stay and I would recommend the Ormonde for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Anneboon
Dear Anneboon,

I'm delighted to read that you and your colleagues had an enjoyable stay in our wonderful City. Thank you for the business and i hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Carlingford, Ireland
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Having never been to Kilkenny before and taking my husband away for his 40th birthday I booked this hotel on the basis of the reviews from Trip Advisor. I am so glad I did. It is very unusual to go to a hotel where they take such a personal interest in their guests, but nothing was too much for the Kilkenny Ormonde from the booking process to staying and to checking out I cannot fault them. We were very kindly given a suite and on arrival the staff had left a lovely chocolate brownie in our room with a birthday greeting for my husband. The hotel is wonderful, clean, fresh and inviting. The staff are friendly, have superb information about Kilkenny and are willing to engage all of the guests in conversation. We dined in the restaurant on one of our nights staying and the food was absolutely superb and a shout out for the Restaurant Manager who made us smile the entire evening oh and I can recommend the Chicken Liver Parfait for a starter - the best I have ever tasted. What else can I say? Will I be back? - Absolutely!!!!! Highly highly recommend this hotel. You will not be disappointed. Loved it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 498Melz
Dear 498Melz,

Thank you for your very kind review and I'm really glad that you and your husband enjoyed his birthday celebrations with us. I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Yours in Service,

Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Great location right on the heart of the town. Our room was spacious and clean. Bits show how old the hotel is but altogether good hotel. Lovely staff, great amenities and beautiful bar.................................

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Laura D,

Thank you for the very kind review and I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

Port Moody
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We were on 15 day bus tour in Ireland - may 2014. This was our hotel for 2 nights.
Now the first thing that was bad about our stay was that it was comedy festival in town and the hotel was hosting the event. They gave us a room overlooking the front and for two hours while everyone lined up out front - it was a zoo! Once everyone went in, it was quiet until everyone let out! Then it was noisy again for a few hours.
The supper service was a three ring circus when it came to service. Several people had plates and utensils whipped out from under there noses before they were finished eating. Three times the man across from me asked them not to take away his bread plate he was not done. They kept on taking utensils so that by the time desert came - no one had anything to eat it with. No one was happy!
I had to ask for a sheet to sleep on top of these darned heavy comforters all the hotels seem to use. Way too hot for those! I asked for a sheet and when we came back to the room we were left a little pile of misc stuff - and the only thing we asked for was a sheet?
The second night service was better - less people in the dining room and not so anal about whisking away our dishes. Better supper choices as well.
breakfast - they had the only pancake maker machine I seen in 30 days and it was fabulous. I was so sick of traditional breakfasts I was happy to eat some pancakes!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear QPW,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our Hotel on TripAdvisor. I will acknowledge that it does get extremely busy during the Cat Laughs festival, however, that is no excuse for poor service and I apologise profusely for any inconvenience caused to you. I hope that it did not take too much from your trip to Ireland.

On a positive note, I'm glad that we improved the second night and that you enjoyed the pancakes.