“Great hotel!”

Ranked #10 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Houston, Texas
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Loved this hotel! Fantastic location, right in the heart of the town, within walking distance to pretty much everything!
My room was clean and looked new. Staff is extra friendly and they have great food too!

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank c c
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear c c,

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for the lovely review.

Yours in service,

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
Reviewed 18 July 2014

This hotel is by far the best hotel I have ever stayed in such friendly people, beautiful fresh coloured modern rooms. The food was exceptional the waitress and waiter were more than helpful we're falling over us literally, breakfast buffet was terrific all you could possibly eat. Great location close to the nightlife but yet far enough away so you are away from the noise. Overall great spot!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Bernadette0203
Dear Bernadette0203,

Thank you for your lovely review of our Hotel. I'm delighted that you had such a great time with us and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Yours in Service,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is perfectly located for the centre and its attraction. The hotel is generally well maintained although some elements look a little dated. This is especially true of the leisure facilities attached, although the pool is plenty large enough to be able to swim laps.

The quality of the food available at dinner is high and the buffet breakfast is also good. The room size is generous. My stays were mostly issue free.

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Dear John B,

Whilst I'm glad that you enjoyed your recent visits, in general, I do note your comments and I apologise if it took from you stay in any way. I appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback.

County Carlow, Ireland
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel for all ages, the rooms are fab and the staff are very polite and friendly. It's right tin the centre and your 2 min walk from the high street . This was my second time to stay at this hotel and would definitely go back again !!!. Price is very reasonable.
Night life is great , great for shopping and eating out over all great break away for Hen weekend.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Geraldine P,

Thank you for your kind words and for your custom once again. I'm really glad that you enjoy spending time in our great City and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Yours in Service,

Kilkenny
Reviewed 17 July 2014

My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary in the Ormonde Hotel. From the beginning they made our stay special with loads of personal touches in our suite from Andrew, Duty Manager. They did everything possible, including a late checkout, to make our anniversary memorable. All of that combined with the ideal location of the hotel in the city centre and their lovely spa was the icing on the cake. Thank you to you all and we'll see you same time next year!!! Susan and Patrick.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear KilkennySusan,

Congratulations and thank you for choosing the Ormonde. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and I will pass on your kind words to Andrew.

I look forward to meeting you personally next year.

Derby
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

All good for the price. A little disappointed when checking out at 5.00am that the night porter had no change and could not correct my bill. Staff good. Rooms large. Breakfast good. Didn't eat but it look tempting enough. Discount on car park which is good.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Jamessmith66,

Whilst I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, I do note your comment about the billing and I apologise if it took from your stay in anyway. I assure you that we have taken your comments on board and it has been addressed.

Orlando
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Only stayed 1 night at the Ormonde. Very nice entrance but the room was average and not 4star. Although clean, room was dated. Night table had old cigarette burn and certainly gives a bad impression.
Bar staff was terrible, not sure they knew what they were doing...maybe regular bartender didn't show. Four of us waited 15 minutes to get served, only 2 others in the room, and had to ask for service. Drinks came, asked for ice and again waited 5 minutes, had to go to bar to get the ice.
Management needs to be more attentive.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear OrlandoCork146,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I appreciate your feedback and have taken everything you say on board. I apologise if our shortcomings took from your visit to Kilkenny in any way and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.