“Yes! Yes! Yes!”

Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Perfect place to stay in Kilkenny! Why? Where do I start? OK Staff: calm, accurate and efficient personal service with a smile that far exceeded my expectations. Food: not your typical pub food so much better. During my stay I had both the Coq au Vin and the Braised Beef Casserole both were Excellent in presentation and taste. Location: minutes from sights, pubs, shopping and parks. Facilities: lovely,refreshing pool, children 's pool, steam room, sauna and Whirlpool, excellent gym area and great spa. A special treat for parents is the Kid's Club that has tons of
activities for the little ones.
One factor that makes this hotel stand out above the rest is the Staff. During my stay, I had the misfortune to spill boiling hot water on my arm. After a call to the desk, the Restaurant Manager,
Andrew Murphy, was at my door in minutes with a first aid kit. Because of the quick attention, I am most happy to state that this did not turn into a 2nd or even a1st degree burn.
The desk staff went beyond the norm and exhibited true hospitality. Even when run off his feet in the restaurant due to a large tour group, the waiter when he came to me gave wonderful service and saw to my every need and made my meal extra nice.
Thank you for providing a special memory!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Kentuckywoman1
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear Kentuckywoman1,

Thank yo for your very kind words and I hope that your arm is better. I will certainly pass you comments onto my team here and I hope to welcome you back again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Just returned from kilkenny well what can I say one of the best hotels I have stayed in arrived at the hotel to be greeted by the beautiful receptionist roisin who was exceptional she informed us that our room was ready (at 1pm). When we checked into the room it was very spaceious and spotless..the next evening I went to reception to get ideas for our last day in kilkenny where I was again greeted by the lovely roisin she was so helpful booked bowling for us gave directions to a discovery park outside the city which the kids loved and gave the kids colouring packs and lollypops!! Over all we had a great stay our daughter is still talking about the lovely receptionist roisin and maria in the kids club ... we be back for sure!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank bkim1982
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear bkim1982,

Thank you for your very kind review and I'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed everything that our great County has to offer. I'll certainly pass on your kind words to Roisin.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here for a mid-week break. Stayed here before, location is ideal so central to the town & shops. Across the road from the Castle which is beautiful. It was very warm & humid in the rooms & there was a fan in there which is a great idea. Only for that it would have been very warm. Staff are very friendly & food is lovely too

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear CaitrionaOL2013,

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I hope that I get the opportunity to welcome you back to the Ormonde again in the future.

Thank you for your very kind review.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

My Brothers wedding took place here back in March. What a fantastic day it was.

Everything from the location, service and the food was 110 %

My botgher and his wife picked this hotel for one reason, when they met with the wedding planner and told her all their requests her comments were "it's your day and nothing is impossible" after them visiting many hotels this is why they picked the Kilkenny Ormond, other hotels couldn't offer certain things they required. The hotel kept to their promise for the 3days we spent there and went above and beyond all expectations.

I would recommend any couples looking for their deam wedding, look at the Kilkenny Ormond youwont be dissapointed.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank daithip

Dear daithip,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review of our Hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm really glad that we could play a small part in making your brothers big day a success and I'm delighted to read that you all had an enjoyable time in Kilkenny.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is superbly located vis-a-vis- most all attractions in lovely Kilkenny. Parking is across the street and free if you get your parking ticket stamped in the hotel. If exploring the town, leave the car parked and just walk. Hotel has all the things you need in a place to stay. Enormous rooms, free wi-fi, clean and modern bathrooms, hearty breakfast (included in our package), busy lobby bar and all around it are tons of restaurants and pubs. Hotel is quiet street so most rooms should be quiet. Ours overlooked a roof on the back of the hotel so the view was rather uninspiring. Perhaps a room at the front would have a nicer view as that's the direction of the impressive Kilkenny Castle. We were only staying 2 nights so the view wasn't really an issue.

Room Tip: See notes above
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear GailDundas,

I'm really glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, although I do not your comment about the view and I hope that it didn't take from your stay in Kilkenny. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

room is relatively large. very clean. friendly staff. no coffee in room, but free coffee in lobby. no in room safe. has iron and board. good shampoo, soap, and towels. good wifi in room and lobby. has exercise room but i didn't use or see.

no US or European outlets, don't forget your adapter as Ireland is unique and different from Europe, but you can buy from vending machine for 4 euros.

great location, about 5 min walk to Kilkenny Castle and 5 min to bars and restaurants.

there was a lot of noise outside around 2-3am with young possibly drunk folds talking loud although i think bars closed around 12. it lasted 15-20 minutes.

my room was with a tour that included dinner and breakfast at the Savour restaurant in the lobby. it displays many awards at the door, but my fish was very bland and tasteless. vegetable soup was ok, but looked like pea soup. desert was basically small cream puffs you buy at frozen food section of supermarkets with some chocolate syrup. others were happy with the chicken and fruit salad. breakfast was mediocre. your basic scrambled egg with good sausage.
bacon is different from US and didn't look good. sunny side up egg is pre made so you can't really dip your toast :) no omelet station. cereals, some fruits, and pastries.

i recommend the room, but if it is cheaper without food, eat elsewhere.

p.s. Kyteler's Inn bar one street over came recommended. music was good, but just one guitar/singer. no fiddler :)

Metropole also nearby had more typical Irish music. but different bands play different times. so check both, and also the Field just down the street from hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear shawnsk,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I have noted your comments and I trust that the memory of your stay in Kilkenny will be a positive one.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Loved this hotel! Fantastic location, right in the heart of the town, within walking distance to pretty much everything!
My room was clean and looked new. Staff is extra friendly and they have great food too!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank c c

Dear c c,

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and thank you for the lovely review.

Yours in service,