Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
US$202
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
US$208
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$219
US$213
US$220
US$206
  • Restaurant
Kilkenny River Court Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$329
US$295
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$179
US$252
US$304
US$226
1,800 results
All reviewsormond hotelleisure centrecar parkcentral locationthe heart of the citylovely hotelsaturday nightbars and restaurantslast weekendkids clubenjoyable staychecking outbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelfamily roomgreat weekendafternoon tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

Located two blocks from the castle in the downtown area, this hotel is within walking distance of many places (most of which were closed when we arrived after 6 p.m.). We were there during a heat wave with temps reaching 80 degrees F. The lack of air conditioning made our room a bit warm early on. The fire doors in the open hallway also trapped the heat.

The staff were helpful and went out of their way to answer questions. The restaurant was very nice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank TravelinGal2010
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Dear TravelinGal2010,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel on TripAdvisor. Whilst I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, in general, I do note your comment about the warmth of the guestroom and I apologise if it took from your stay in any way.

I'm delighted that you took advantage of our unrivaled location in the heart of this vibrant City and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed last week, and have stayed before, but never reviewed. The hotel is in a brilliant location right in the heart of Kilkenny, close to the castle, St. Canice's round tower, shops, restaurants and pubs. Parking is directly across from the hotel, €5 per day, excellent value. The room was spotless, the breakfast menu had everything you could ask for. The bar food was lovely. The staff were very friendly, and nothing was too much trouble. This is our second stay, and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank iano568

Dear iano568,

Thank you for returning and recommending the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel on TripAdvisor.com.

I'm delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to meet you personally on your next stay with us.

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband, my 3 year old daughter and myself stayed here for 2 nights bed and breakfast. We were greeted by very nice and helpfull reception staff. Both our bedroom and bathroom were a very good size so plenty of space for us all. Both were spotless and the shower was good and powerfull. The only minor complaint I would have about our room was not having a fridge to store small food items in for our daughter, although there seemed to be a cupboard for one. Breakfast was lovely with many different choices and it was delicious. It was buffet style so you could eat as much as you liked. The hotel also had a great kids club which opens from 10am - 2pm and 6pm - 10pm during the summer months so we got to have dinner without any interuptions ! There is also a great leisure complex which includes a kids pool. We would definitely stay here again and would have no hesitation in recommending the Kilkenny Ormonde.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Rachael W,

Thank you for your detailed and very kind review of our Hotel on TripAdvisor. I'm really glad that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay with us and took advantage of all that was on offer.

I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2014

I really enjoyed my two night stay at this hotel. Central location, just close to the castle but as it is up a side street you don't have all the noise of the main streets. Roisin at reception was super helpful, friendly and full of information. She recommended and booked a table at The Salt Yard. We had an amazing meal there. Noelle was also great at reception.
We requested a quiet room and the hotel did not disappoint.
Parking directly across the street for 5 euro a day.
Room was spacious and well equipped. Bathroom had a double sink and good size bath and shower.
I didn't get a chance to use the pool or gym but nice to know its there.
Excellent wifi.
Although the hotel offers a kids club, I never felt the hotel was over-run with kids so it is good for couples too.

Room Tip: If you are given an adjoining room, you can hear the conversations of your neighbours so maybe one that doesn't have adjoining door is best.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cpepperpot

Dear cpepperpot,

Thank you for your detailed review of our Hotel and I'm really glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us this Summer. I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel and Kilkenny again in the future.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Ormond hotel is a great hotel to stay. It's so central to everything. The staff are very friendly,
and food is great. For a busy hotel . You will enjoy the but around reception.
We really enjoyed our stay. Will differently go back

Room Tip: Lovely hotel. Food great. Within the heart of Kilkenny.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank eaegan

Dear eaegan,

Thank you for the very kind review and recommendation. I hope to welcome you back again to the Ormonde Hotel soon.