Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel
US$241
Newpark Hotel(Kilkenny)
US$273
US$243
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$199
  • Restaurant
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
US$224
US$201
Hotels.com
Kilford Arms Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$322
US$224
US$271
US$263
  • Restaurant
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$167
US$200
US$165
Agoda.com
1,814 results
All reviewsormond hotelleisure centrecar parkcentral locationthe heart of the citylovely hotelsaturday nightbars and restaurantslast weekendkids clubenjoyable staychecking outbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelfamily roomgreat weekendafternoon tea
Reviewed 2 November 2009

Stayed here for business recently and had a great stay, lobby was full of atmosphere and I was able to meet my clients in that area and the free internet meant I could work from there. Food was excellent in the steakhouse and parking was included in my rate. Very central and large bedrooms would highly reccommend it

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2009

Dear Supermaid,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.com.
It is always great to receive feedback from our guests be they complimentary or otherwise.

I am delighted that you enjoyed O'Reilly's Steakhouse and that our complimentary WiFi service was benificial to you.

Reviewed 30 October 2009

We loved this hotel. We took our 5 year old daughter and as she is an only child we always check out the Kids Clubs. This one was fantastic, lovely staff, a bouncy castle, arts and crafts, dvd time. She made some new friends and was reluctant to leave! The swimming pool is very clean and light and spacious. We had dinner here for one night of our 2 night stay and it was delicious.
I can't praise this hotel and staff enough. We will definately be heading back here over the Christmas period

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family

Dear Gary046,

It was really great to hear how you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you found our hotel comfortable and that your child enjoyed the Kids Club. I hope that on your next visit to Kilkenny you will see fit to stay at the Ormonde Hotel and please contact me directly so that i can show you every courtesy.

Reviewed 28 October 2009

Stayed here while on CIE Tours Pub & Folk Tour. It was neat, clean, quiet and comfortable. You can easily walk to the many pubs and shops from here. Out of the 4 hotels on the tour this was the easiest for us Americans to become acclimated.

• Stayed: October 2009
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2009

Dear JackHoliday,

It was really great to hear how you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you found our hotel comfortable and I hope that on your next visit to Kilkenny you will see fit to stay at the Ormonde Hotel and please contact me directly so that i can show you every courtesy.

Reviewed 22 October 2009

I stayed at this fine Hotel a few years back but they have recently had a refurb and its very different now.
The lobby Lounge is very striking as soon as you see it with high ceilings and the tall bar with a range of displays.
We treated ourselves to some delicious scones but i see the same Teapots are being used the ones that spill tea all over the place.
So we got our keys from a sweet girl (Rachel) who directed to the lifts and went through all hotel Amenities.
The rooms are modernised with nice tv but the strong smell of air freshner would choke you as im an Asthmatic other then that .

We ate in the fine dining restaurant where we were greeted by a nice professional young man brought us to our table and offered us our menu's and a wine list.
I ordered the 10 oz steak well/done but when it came out itwas poor quality as i have eaten many of steaks and wrote reviews for food colums before the steak was so small and the presentation was def not michelan star.
We made our way to the hotel bar which i have to say was our best experience a friendly barman (ken) who made me a lovely cosmopolitan or 2 he spoke with us and made us feel very welcome.
Overall a nice stay will try again soon but will prob eat out next time

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business

Dear readerhayley,

Thank you for posting your recent review on Tripadvisor.com. I am always delighted to receive feeback from our guests as it is only by our customers letting us know their views that we may maintain our high standards.

I am delighted that you found our hotel comfortable, however, I am bitterly disappointed that your meal was of poor standard. I assure you that I have taken your comments on board and spoken to all in the Kitchen. I hope that on your next visit to Kilkenny you could see fit to stay at the Ormonde Hotel again as i would be delighetd to have the opportunity to make up any inconvenience caused to you. Please contact me directly so that i can show you every courtesy.

Reviewed 11 October 2009

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel was a nice property in a good location in Kilkenny, Ireland.
Kilkenny is a vibrant and active city located between Dublin and points southwest.
We had a lovely room on the third floor with a rear facing window. Consequently, we didn't have any street noise. However, walls in Ireland seem be universally very thin! We did get drifting noise from other rooms. Bring your earplugs.
The room was nicely appointed with contemporary furnishings/decor and had enough space in room/bath so we didn't feel crowded. The main lobby has a large lounge with a bar and coffee service. The lobby itself could use a facelift - it's rather tired looking.

There was a spa and rec center available to guests as well as a parking structure (validated by hotel) directly across a narrow front street. The breakfast bar and
prepared service was good. Food was ample and adequate. We did not eat any other meals in the hotel.
Overall, the hotel offerred a nice respite from the road and gave us easy access to all activities in the city.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Lughsa,

It was really great to hear how you enjoyed your recent stay with us.

I am delighted you enjoyed our facilities and services we offer as well as our ideal location, right in the heart of Kilkenny City.

I hope that on your next visit to Kilkenny you will see fit to stay at the Ormonde Hotel once again and please contact me directly so that i can extend you every courtesy.