Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)
Troysgate House(Kilkenny)
  • Bar/Lounge
1,799 results
All reviewsormond hotelleisure centrecar parkcentral locationthe heart of the citylovely hotelsaturday nightbars and restaurantslast weekendkids clubenjoyable staychecking outbar foodwould highly recommend this hotelfamily roomgreat weekendafternoon tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Really lovely hotel, staff very helpful especially at the front desk. Our room was really spacious. We did find the hotel/room very cold on the Friday night, we rang down and somebody did come up to our room to turn on/up the heat. We were very disappointed with the breakfast on the Saturday, so much so we didn't bother going down on the Sunday morning. We got a fry which was tasteless, there was no fresh fruit left and only very small selection of breads. The hotel is centrally located, overall a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with friends
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2011

Dear petracor,

Thank you for posting your review of the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel on Tripadvisor.com

I'm delighted that you enjoyed our facilituies and our central location and I look forward to welcoming you back here in the future. I have also passed your comments on to our Restaurant team for their benefit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 November 2010

We arrived late in the afternoon and were put in a room that opened onto the roof of part of the hotel - replete with a massive noisy HVAC unit, vents, pipes, etc. This was a "city view" room, apparently. When we asked to change, we were told the hotel was fully booked and we were the very last people to arrive, which was interesting since we saw a party of about 30 check in half an hour later. The place was indeed jammed, the elevators took forever, breakfast was mediocre. The room itself was large but unimpressive - worn furniture, loose fixtures and years of grime in the bathroom (and a smashed dead bug on the wall), etc. Stay elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bahamasviking
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2010

Dear bahamasviking,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on tripadvisor.com.

I am really disappointed that you were so upset with your stay and I have discussed your comments in lenght with my team here. I'm a little confused, however, as to where the "city view" room description came from, as we would not classify any of our bedrooms in this manner.

This is really unimportant in this instance. What is of paramount importance to me is good customer service and I cannot offer any excuses to you if we failed at what I believe we do best. May I apologise profusely to you both for the inconvenience and upset that was caused to you.

It is difficult for me to comment on why your request for a room change was not met, as you stayed over 5 months ago. It was, however, a particularly busy and successful summer period for us and i'm sure that if it were possible to reallocate your room this would have been done. It is a little disingenuous, though, to suggest that our lifts "took forever", as we only have four floors and two lifts to service them.

I really hope that if you return to Ireland and Kilkenny you would give us the opportunity here to extend you every courtesy and make up to you the inconvenience caused. Please contact me personally if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2010

I stayed here with friends for a birthday party. Everything was fine until the end of the night. We were in a celebratory mood, so we stayed in the bar until closing time (4am). On being told that the bar was closing, we asked if we could take some drinks to our room. We were told to go to our rooms and call back down to have them delivered by room service as security wanted to clear the bar. We did this, and were told that our drinks would be sent up straight away. After 45 mins waiting, we still had no drinks. I called once more and was told that the drinks were on the way. After another 30 mins of exasperated waiting, i went to reception, where I was told that the drinks would be sent immediately and there would be no charge as an apology for the inconvenience.
Again, the drinks didn't arrive. At this stage it had become a matter of principle. If we had been told originally that no drinks would be served, that would have been fine. We'd have gone to bed. Instead we were left sitting like idiots waiting. I went to reception again where I met an extremely unhelpful night porter, who sat blankly at the desk, repeating 'the bar is closed' like an machine while staring into a computer screen. At no time was I abusive or rude, but he was worse than useless.
Finally the duty manager appeared and got the drinks, at no charge, but at that stage, I didn't care. Such a disappointing end to a nice trip.
Otherwise, the hotel is clean, and comfortable, and we did have good fun in the bar, where the staff were excellent. I'd hope it was an isolated incident and I would stay again.

Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends

Dear RobbieShor,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

First and foremost, may I apologise profusely to you and your friends for the way you were treated and assure you that it was, very much, an isolated incident. It really was simply down to a misundersatnding and I have spoken in detail with our night team.

I'm delighted to note, however, that you enjoyed the rest of what the Ormonde has to offer and I hope that, on this occasion, the positives outweighed the negatives.

I hope to welcome you back to the Ormonde in the future and please contact me personally so that I may extend you every courtesy.

Reviewed 18 November 2010

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Kilkenny Ormonde hotel on a SuperValu break. The hotel is situated in the centre of town and just a minutes walk to our favourite bar - the Left Bank!
The staff we met during our stay were extremely friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious. It could have done with a lick of paint in the bathroom and the curtain had come off the raill slightly but these were minor things!
We had dinner in O'Reilly's Restaurant on one of the evenings and the food and service were super.
We are aleady planning our next trip to Kilkenny and will be staying at the Kilkenny Ormonde once again!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear MatthewsJo,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I will pass on your kind comments about our team and I'm delighetd that you enjoyed our new food offering in O'Reilly's. The Left Bank, on our doorstep, is a great spot and a real addition to the city centre.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ormonde again soon.

Reviewed 18 November 2010

Stayed in the Ormonde Hotel over the mid-term break with our 2 children and another couple with 4 children. From the check in to the check out the staff were very friendly and efficient - nothing was a problem. This is a super location for families with teenagers as there is a beautiful leisure centre and a cinema nearby and the shops are on the doorstep. We parked the cars and did'nt move them for a couple of days.

The food and service in the restaurant were excellent and once again the staff were so friendly. The hotel was very busy that week but despite this the level of service was excellent - all staff appeared to work well under pressure.

The rooms were very comfortable and the teenagers were well catered for. All in all it was the best experience we have had in a hotel in Ireland - we will be back!

Ann from Co Wexford

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family

Dear wexfordsmile

I'm delighted that you and your family enjoyed your recent stay in the Ormonde.

Kilkenny is such a popular desitation for families and we have worked hard at putting the facilities in place for you. Our location is always commented on and the fact that most people dont see their car until they leave!

I look forward to welcoming you all back to the Ormonde soon.