“Will definately be back!!”

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dublin, Ireland
“Will definately be back!!”
Reviewed 25 February 2011

Had a wonderful weekend staying here- staff were so friendly and helpful, food was gorgeous, the location of the hotel was perfect! Cant give enough praise. Looking forward to going again!!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 3 March 2011
Dear roxy2011,

Thank you for posting your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.com

I'm glad that we ticked all the boxes for you and I look forward to your next visit to Kilkenny and the Ormonde Hotel.

Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
co wexford
Reviewed 24 February 2011

Stayed here on a 1 night spa break recently , The hotel has a fantastic location only a few minutes walk from the main shopping streets. Had dinner which was absolutely gorgeous , staff were very friendly in the hotel and the spa .rooms are a bit old fashioned but are spotless .Have stayed here many times, and honestly would have no problem returning .

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family
Dear margaretcowexford,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Ormonde Hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

We really appreciate your comments and regular patronage. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed 19 February 2011

Stayed here for a couple of nights with my partner and will definately be back. We got a great offer to include dinner on one evening, menus was a little limited but the food was really good. The big plus for this hotel is the friendly staff and it's excellent location.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear HSmith777,

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. Our location, food and friendly Team are our strenghts and I'm delighted that you left with a positive memory of our wonderful City.

Keep spreading the good news and I hope to welcome you back to the Ormonde soon.

Newport, Oregon
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I brought a group of 23 women to the hotel to break our journey between Kinsale and Dublin. As the coach approached the hotel entrance, we noticed they had rolled out the red carpet for us...err ummm uh... for a wedding! Although it was nice to walk the red carpet, the noise from the wedding reception in the hotel later that night kept some of the ladies awake (I heard nothing). The next morning we had breakfast, which was an average buffet, and left. In 24 hours, this hotel really didn't show us its personality: the lobby was gorgeous, the rooms perfectly serviceable, the staff polite. So hardly fair to say too much.

• Stayed September 2010
Dear BridiesIrishFaire,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel on Tripadvisor.com.

I'm disappointed you didn't discover our personality during your short stay and the fact that any of your party was disturbed by some of our other guests. Please accept my sincere apologies for any upset that was caused.

On a more positive note, I apprecaite your kind comments about our facilites and friendly staff. I hope to welcome you back to Kilkenny and the Ormonde again and please contact me personally so that I can extend you every courtesy.

Reviewed 6 February 2011

Stayed at the Ormonde on a Sat night in Jan- the hotel was extremly busy with a large function on, despite having no booking for dinner the extremly helpful staff fitted us in and the food was fantastic, lovely friedly staff all round from the welcome on arrival. Nice leisure facilites for a city centre hotel, with just over an hour drive back to dublin it was a great spot for a break,

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear lemsip97,

Thank you for posting your review of our hotel. I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and our facilities.

Kilkenny is a wonderful place for a short break and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ormonde soon.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 30 January 2011

Myself and my two friends stayed here for one night. The room was very nice and spacious. The leisure centre was also pleasant. My only complaints are the bedrooms being far too warm and when we checked out we were not asked if everything was ok during our stay. Having to pay for parking should also have been told to use when we were booking the room as you have to pay 5 euro per night to park in the car park next to the hotel. Besides these small complaints it is a fantastic location and if I was to return I would stay in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
colinahern, General Manager at Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2011
Dear Lynnabell,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I'm delighted that you would return to us and I apologise sincerely if we did not exceed your expectations on this occasion. I assure you that we will on your return.

The car-parking opposite the hotel offers secure, city centre, unlimited 24 hour access to any guest of our hotel for €5, which I believe is great value. That said, you should have been made aware of this when booking the room. With regard to the warmth of the bedroom, the unprecidented weather we experienced in January did give us some challenges which, to a large extent, we managed.

Finally, I look forward to welcoming you back and please feel free to contact me personally so that I may extend you every courtesy.

Reviewed 26 January 2011

A dissapointing trip . As this hotel was recommended to us we were looking forward to our stay. But unfortunately we were let down by it. Our room was filthy, there was hairs in the sink , cobwebs on the ceiling , dust on the pedestal of the table and there was ash on the window sill, left by an other guest. The room had obviously not been cleaned after the previous guest vacated. A 4 star hotel i think not. :(

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Patty145,

Thank you for posting your review our hotel on tripadvisor.

I am aware that your review relates to the experience of one of your colleagues and I appreciate the fact that this guest took my call recently. I would like take the opportunity to reitereate my sincere apologies to you and your friends.

I have passed your comments onto my accommodation team and rest assured that this was very much an isolated incident.

I hope that you could see fit to visit us again so that I may have the opportunity to restore your confidence in us and extend you every courtesy.

Kind Regards,