Hotel Kilkenny
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
2,112 results
All reviewsdeluxe roomleisure centrelovely hotelkids clubbar foodenjoyable staywould highly recommend this hotelshort breakwedding receptionsteam roomhotel barstaff were lovelyboth morningsboth nightsfull irishsaturday nighttown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed for one night recently with my sisters. We had a triple room which was in the lower level, the window was full sized and big enough for anyone to climb into, given we were on the ground level it meant keeping it closed when we weren't in the room and also at night as we didn't want any unwanted guests. I did point this out to reception on check out and she seemed very surprised by my concerns!

We had lunch in the bar and it was lovely and they catered well for coeliacs too. Staff in the bar area were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Hotekilkenny, General Manager at Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Kilkenny. We have since rectified the maintenance issue which you brought to our front desk teams attention.

I do hope you will come back to visit us soon again, thanks again for your review

_________________________________________________________________________
We employ a team of 150 dedicated people who are focused on delivering great customer service. We actively seek and welcome genuine, constructive feedback as this is what we use to ensure our service and standards constantly improve through our customer care and service review programs. Each member of our Team is aware off all genuine posts on TripAdvisor and we are proud to say that we do not in any way advocate or engage in posting fake reviews

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed for Sunday night B&B.
I felt some dread when I realised our room was on the floor below reception, I needn't have worried, it was a lovely bright and clean room.
The bar was lively as the "Cats" were playing on T.V.
I was delighted to see coeliac friendly beer behind the bar! We headed out for the day and returned around 10pm, there were two guys playing guitars and singing who were really good..
Breakfast was the best gluten free breakfast I have ever had in any hotel in any country!! I text the manager to let him know...praise where praise is due.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Eileen A
Hotekilkenny, Manager at Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us... thank you for the kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Extremely enjoyable family week-end celebration. The entire staff were friendly and welcoming and service was second to none. A return visit is on the cards and we would recommend Hotel Kilkenny ,we found the experience very family friendly. Thank you.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Pat K

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I will pass your kind comments onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I wasn't impressed with this place..At All.. When checking in there was a woman in front of me who asked some questions and the girl checking her in acted like she couldn't believe this woman was asking anything. She rolled her eyes and smirked and all I could think was--is she a student or something..wow she's snotty. The rooms were ok. The furniture needs some updating. I'm guessing they think the stuff was somehow antique chic but....nl. We ate at the hotel and although the food was fine--the service was less than. Took forever to get the food and to get the waiter's attention so we could pay. Doubt I'd stay here again until they teach their front desk some manners.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank penneyb

Dear Guest,

I am very sorry to read your review and the service that you received. Should you like to discuss this in further detail please do not hesitate in making contact with me over the next few days.
experience@hotelkilkenny.ie

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I took my boyfriend to Hotel Kilkenny for his birthday over the Easter weekend and it was way beyond our expectations! We booked a deluxe room and it a really gorgeous and luxurious room. The gift of a huge Lily O'Brien's Easter egg in our room was a very thoughtful touch too. The staff were awesome and the leisure centre was a lovely way to relax. Would definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe double rooms. There is a bath and an enormous bed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hanbanana

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review & your kind comments. I will pass it onto the team here. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.