“Best Hotel!!”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best Hotel!!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

Our choir of 50 members stayed here over the weekend for the AIMS choral festival in New Ross, and I feel compelled to write this review. From the time I first contacted the hotel to inquire about rates for our group to our stay, Susan and all the staff at Hotel Kilkenny were extremely helpful and professional, it's a lovely hotel, good location ten minutes from city centre, spotless spacious rooms and great breakfast freshly cooked to order. Will definitely be back. Thanks Susan and all.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Hotekilkenny, General Manager at Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your wonderful review, I'm delighted you enjoyed your stay and I have passed your comments onto our team.

_________________________________________________________________________
We employ a team of 150 dedicated people who are focused on delivering great customer service. We actively seek and welcome genuine, constructive feedback as this is what we use to ensure our service and standards constantly improve through our customer care and service review programs. Each member of our Team is aware off all genuine posts on TripAdvisor and we are proud to say that we do not in any way advocate or engage in posting fake reviews

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
Ireland
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My husband and I, both in our early sixties, stayed at this hotel for two days and would definitely recommend it. The hotel is approximately 1.5km to the city center, so as we are walkers this meant a lovely 10/15 minute walk. We didn't want to have use the car all the time so we parked it in the free hotel carpark. Our bedroom was well away from function rooms, which meant two good nights sleep. The staff were pleasant and the hotel was clean and bright. I had a treatment in The Orchard Spa, which was very enjoyable and my husband went for a swim in the fitness center which he said was good and well kept.

There is only one point I would like to draw to the hotel's attention, although the food was very good in the restaurant it was over salted, this is something that should definitely be dealt with as it destroyed an otherwise beautiful meal.

On a finishing note, we would certainly consider returning at some stage as Kilkenny is a lovely city to visit and Hotel Kilkenny is perfectly placed for touring around.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank TeresaMary

Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here/attended a friend's wedding reception here. What a lovely hotel! The food was brilliant, the rooms were clean, comfortable and quite luxurious. The staff were very helpful, the bar staff incredibly friendly. Lovely Irish hospitality which I have come to know and love!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kirsty H

County Clare, Rep. Ireland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Having stayed in Hotel Kilkenny over the May Bank Holiday weekend, I have to say it's a very modern and stylish hotel with friendly enough staff but the actual bed was like sleeping on a slab of concrete. I literally couldn't straighten up for a couple of hours after getting up. (and I'm not old!!) They really need to rethink their mattresses as there was no way I could stay there any longer than the two days. I really would have ended up in traction.

Having had lunch in the bar one of the days, I ordered a simple chicken, cheese and coleslaw sandwich. I really must say it was the mother of all sandwiches with a little salad and corn chips on the side. I couldn't finish it. It was filled to capacity with chicken. Great lunch. Pricey but worth it.

The hotel itself is set in nice grounds and the bar area is spacious and inviting. Bear in mind it's just outside Kilkenny town but it's only a 10 minute walk or the taxi service will bring you into town for about 6 euro.

I will come back if they sort out the concrete slab also known as the mattress.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bercar
Dear Guest

Many thanks for your review, My sincerest apologies for any discomfort caused, we currently use 5 star king coil mattresses which are frequently replaced, we have made our supplier aware of your comments and we are looking at alternatives. We do encourage all our guests to notify a member of the team if there is anything we can do during their stay to make it an enjoyable one.

Tipperary, Ireland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed for overnight wiht my husband. We got everything what we paid for. The staff was very friendly and helpful mostly at the reception Shannon and in the restaurant (Taste) Kiara and Jack. The room was clean and tidy, our dinner and our breakfast at morning was great and really delicious. The leisure is very good enjoyable. Highly recommend and hope we will back with our family as well. Highly recommend.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Stayed for one night recently with my sisters. We had a triple room which was in the lower level, the window was full sized and big enough for anyone to climb into, given we were on the ground level it meant keeping it closed when we weren't in the room and also at night as we didn't want any unwanted guests. I did point this out to reception on check out and she seemed very surprised by my concerns!

We had lunch in the bar and it was lovely and they catered well for coeliacs too. Staff in the bar area were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Kilkenny. We have since rectified the maintenance issue which you brought to our front desk teams attention.

I do hope you will come back to visit us soon again, thanks again for your review

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed for Sunday night B&B.
I felt some dread when I realised our room was on the floor below reception, I needn't have worried, it was a lovely bright and clean room.
The bar was lively as the "Cats" were playing on T.V.
I was delighted to see coeliac friendly beer behind the bar! We headed out for the day and returned around 10pm, there were two guys playing guitars and singing who were really good..
Breakfast was the best gluten free breakfast I have ever had in any hotel in any country!! I text the manager to let him know...praise where praise is due.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Eileen A
Hotekilkenny, Manager at Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guest,

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us... thank you for the kind review. We look forward to welcoming you back to us again in the near future.

Kind regards,