“They made our wedding!”
Review of Hotel Kilkenny

Hotel Kilkenny
Ranked #5 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I have taken till now to write this because I honestly didn't know how to express how wonderful my experience was at Hotel Kilkenny. I and my husband chose this venue above a host of others because of the dedication of the staff, especially Niamh, who was not only fantastic and back to me in milliseconds anytime I had a query, she was also a great friend who truly understands what it is to organise a wedding and get married.
Susan on reception was amazing in checking people in and looking after all my friend and family bookings. The manager over the food was tremendous and attention to detail was impeccable. The food! My wedding was on a budget and while I was going for one of the budget meals, it was amazing. People are still talking about the food. Also, those who were gluten free and vegetarians were taken care of and very satisfied.
The room was amazing and if I wasn't having such a great time at our wedding, I would have gotten to enjoy it more. I have also stayed here at other times and was always thankful I did. They also have a luxurious leisure center that has enthusiastic staff and is impeccably clean. All in all, Hotel Kilkenny made our wedding. Thank you to all the staff!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,058)

Reviewed 23 March 2010

Stayed at the Hotel Kilkenny recently whilst attending a wedding held there. Myself and several members of my family booked in to save the agro of finding taxis at the end of the night. The hotel on entry is modern and contemporary and has been beautifully decorated. The Pure bar has a nice relaxed feel (if overpriced) and service was top notch. The wedding reception we went to was in the Skyline room on the 4th floor and it was stunningly decorated. There were over 200 guests and everyones food was hot and there was plenty of it with excellent service so would recommend from that point of view. Our bedroom was also on the fourth floor and was spacious and modern but a little bare. It was clean and comfortable and ticked all the boxes by far the only disappointment being room service breakfast which was poor in quality. I did feel that at E150 it was lacking something to make it that bit more special. Other than that great hotel to stay at, safe, clean and modern.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 March 2010

Room was extremely clean & spacious for 2 adults & 3 kids (2 infants). Pool was highlight of kids stay & they had a great time. Pool staff very helpful & friendly. Food was very tasty & our waiter was brilliant with the kids. I'm looking forward to going back there again. Front desk staff were extremely courteous & helpful with all our queries.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2010

I stayed at this hotel with friends for my Birthday in March, hotel looked gorgeous on the website so i couldn't wait. Hotel is Easy Enough to Find the Foyer & Public Area's of the Hotel are very well decorated and maintaied but the rooms are another story. we requested Smoking rooms which we got but our room stinked not of smoke but of Garlic & Alcohol from the Previous occupants, i called reception to ask for some air freshner and the Housekeeping Supervisor came to the Room and Offered not a Room Move but a Deodoriser which could be plugged in to get rid of the smell, she said this would leave a clinical smell in the Room but i figured it would be better than the Smell already in the Room, we had to move for 1 hour to a friends room while it was working, returned 1 hour later to find the "Clinical" Smell was even worse, i approached reception asking if i could be moved, the Front House Supervisor Michael was excellent made me feel better about having to be moved, he also organised 2 Jugs of Milk as all of the Milk in the Rooms was gone off! Lunch was nothing spectacular i had to get my own Menu's and Cutlery and waited almost 30 Minutes for my Dinner which was terrible. The Spa in the Hotel was Gorgeous and Very Reasonable. Overall Definately not a 4 Star!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Hotekilkenny, Manager at Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2010

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your positive comments with regards to the Team here at Hotel Kilkenny and also your Spa experience. However I am very dissapointed that your room was not of the highest standard. I can only apologize for this as Customer Satisfaction is vitally important to us at Hotel Kilkenny and on this occasion we have clearly not delivered this to you. The standard or service in our Bar and Restaurant is very important to us also and something that we strive to improve on everyday.

Again my apologies and should you contact the Hotel directly we would be delighted to talk to you personally to ensure your next stay would be of a very different standard.
Kind regards
Hotel Kilkenny - Management Team
experience@hotelkilkenny.ie

Reviewed 8 March 2010

hotel kilkenny..we enjoyed our weekend the service was excellent and we shall stay again shortly.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2010

the best hotel in kilkenny as i have stayed in many other hotels in kilkenny great food great prices execellent facilites pool gym ext ...... its worth a stay in my oppinion

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 March 2010

Stayed in this hotel for one night Feb 2010. Room was spacious but bed was very uncomfortable. Room was very clean. Reception were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was good too. My real problem with this hotel was the price, in the current economy I think the prices being charged by this hotel are far too high and do not offer anything spectacular for the higher prices they charge in comparison to other hotels.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple