“never again”
Review of Hotel Kilkenny

Hotel Kilkenny
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 2 May 2010

im just back from the hotel kilkenny firstly i found some of the bar staff very rude, when i was trying to pay for my dinner the barman seemed totally put out that we wanted to pay ,,then after a nights sleep on the hardest pillows ever i got out of the bed and tore my leg off something, when i pulled back the sheet there was two big holes in the mattress with a rusty spring sticking out which cut my leg. when i spoke to a manager i was told that the mattress is unacceptable and they would throw it out they did not offer a discount just a plaster for my leg the manager seemed to think that throwing out the mattress was solving my problem even though i was checking out, he was very rude i would never stay in the hotel kilkenny again again i paid 80 euro for one night which i felt was very expensive

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Hotekilkenny, Hotel Manager at Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2010

Dear Guest,
I would like to apologies if any member of the team at Hotel Kilkenny were in anyway rude to you at any time during your stay. I have checked with the Manager that was on Duty over the weekend and unfortunately the details that you have posted onto the site are not entirely accurate.
I do believe that when you brought this matter to our attention we did in fact apologise for the standard of the mattress in your room. The Manager on Duty also asked you to fill in a accident report form however you never returned to us to actually do this. You came to the Reception desk and asked for plasters and some wipes which we gladly gave to you.
We have in fact replaced the mattress and I also know that on departure you were given a 37% discount on your room rate and so you didn't pay the rate of €80
While I totally understand that your group were here for a weekend of fun and relaxation and something like this happening was not ideal however I do think that the situation was in fact dealt with very well by our Manager on Duty. But should you feel you would like to discuss this matter further with the Hotel directly please do not hesitate in contacting us on experience@hotelkilkenny.ie
Kind regards
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 12 April 2010

I stayed in Hotel Kilkenny with my husband and two boys aged 3 and 9. I would highly recommend this hotel if you want a relaxing break, where the kids will be happy. Swimming pool is lovely and clean, staff are fantastic, kids club is good with the lovely Noreen taking great care of your loved ones. The only fault for us is that kids club only takes kids from age 4 and up and our 3 year old would have loved it. Overall we had a lovely stay and found the staff exceptional.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Hotekilkenny, Hotel Manager at Hotel Kilkenny, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2010

Dear Guest,
It is great to her positive reviews and I am very glad you had an enjoyable stay with us on your last visit.

Everyone at Hotel Kilkenny looks forward to welcoming you back soon. For some great Deals and New Special Offers you should check out our website.
Kind regards
The Hotel Kilkenny Team

Reviewed 8 April 2010

Just back from 3 night stay in the KK hotel with 5 children aged from 9mths to 6 years and 2 adults. Given how much we were outnumbered by the chldren it was just as well that the hotel was so well equipped. The older children went to the kids club morning and evening and loved it and then spent the afternoon swimming. They even ate with the club which was a relief for us as meals with 5 kids was a bit hectic! We then had relative peace in the evenings with just two little ones to eat and relax. We had one meal in the restaurant as part of the package which was gorgeous and the barfood had good food for the other two nights. The main thing about the hotel was how outstanding the staff were - kids club, bar, restaurant, reception, cleaners - all so friendly and helpful when you would imagine their eyes must have been watering at the sight of our crazy load. Of course it may not have had the desired effect as we'll definitely be back with our gangs in tow!!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 March 2010

I read mixed reviews but for the price I have to say this offered good value with an all inclusive deal. This included an upgraded room which was spacious but the view was a little disappointing. The health club is really nice and the food was of an adequate standard although the choice was limited. It was busy but the service was efficient and helpful. The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the centre down a short hill.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2010

Good price for a hotel including breakfast and a leisure centre. Nice surroundings and very friendly and helpful staff.

A 10 min walk from the centre of the city.

The spa on the complex was too expensive to entice me to have a treatment, although I would have liked a massage.

We ate in the bar and the choice was good and varied however didn't overly enjoy the actual meal (lamb shank).

Reviewed 29 March 2010

However I was more than surprised. The reception as mentioned by many, is impressive. Our check in was smooth, efficient and professional. There were three of us so we got a room with two single beds and 1 standard double. There was a bonus of a balcony and the bathroom was fine - nothing special but clean. However on saturday i found that no matter how I tried to adjust the water temperature in the shower i seemed to stay on very hot! On Sunday the shower vered from cold to warm and back again. The meal in the restuarant was ok - not wonderful but not bad. Breakfast was great with good choices. Overall I was very pleased with this hotel. Would I stay here again? Yes

Reviewed 27 March 2010

I went to the hotel kilkenny with my mum and gran aunt for lunch and found the service excelent and the staff very friendly. It really did stand out from all the other hotels i have been to. Would highly recomend it