“Lovely Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Tyrone
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

Hotel was lovely and clean staff were friendly. Breakfast was brilliant plenty of variety! Would definately stay again!! :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
adermody, Director of Sales at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, 12 September 2011
Dear Fitzy 84,

Thank you very much for your kind words, it was a pleasure to have you and family in the Hotel.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience and we really appreiate you takeing the time to write a reveiw.

we look forward to seeing you all soon.

Aileen Dermody

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Polish first
Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2011

We stayed here for a supervalu family break at the end of august. For the entire stay nothing was ever a problem. we had our 19 month old girl with us and the hotel staff were well able to cope with her running around. my wife had a spa treatment and she enjoyed that. The food was very good - we ate breakfast, lunch and dinner there - they even topped up babies bottle with fresh milk whenever we asked. The pool was nice but for bigger kids and adults only. if you are bringing a young child to the pool - bring a good ring so they can enjoy the pool aswell. play ground in nice but could do with more stuff for the smaller children.
The only fault we had was the rooms can get quite warm and stuffy at times. Overall a very nice and very friendly hotel.

Room Tip: always check for an upgrade - cost €30 extra a night but worth it
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
adermody, Director of Sales at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2011
Dear PW773,

Thank you for your review it was a pleasure to you and your family.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel and we look forward to having you back.

Thansk again for your kind words.

ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Stayed in interconnecting rooms with 2 adults & 3 children for one night. kids club was great. had dinner in the bar - food & service were excellent. breakfast & leisure centre were also excellent - the outdoor infinity pool was fab!! rooms were lovely. well done to all, will definitely be back

Dear MRSD 85,

Thank you for writing your review, we really appreicate your kind words.

We are delighted to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2011

Approximately 10 of us went to stay in this hotel for the August bank holiday weekend. We spoke with the hotel regarding the rate and we got 2 nights for €130 per person, which was a fantastic rate for the weekend in it.

The rooms were gorgeous. Really big, a double bed and a single bed. They were spacious and clean but just a little bit on the warm side at night. All the facilities advertised were there such as tea / coffee facilities, hairdryer etc. The only issue I had with the room was that the mirrors near lighting had a smokey effect which was not very good when trying to apply make up.

The bar is huge and it seemed like a very family friendly place, although we were more there for a bit of a wild weekend.

The residents bar stays open till the last resident goes to bed. Which is great! We had a lovely sing song and the night porter very kindly made us a load of sambos to soak up the drinks.

The food served in the bar was delicious. We had lunch and dinner in the hotel. Very reasonably priced too!

The hotel is a little bit out of the town, 25 min walk but there are taxis all the time outside and they aren't that expensive.

The lesuire centre attached to the hotel is gorgeous. There's a huge big pool and an outdoor hot tub!

If you are going to Kilkenny I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Dear Rachel O,

Thank you for you kind words it was a pleasure to welcome you and your family to the Hotel.

We really enjoyed having you all here and we hope to you will come and see us again soon.

Once again thanks for taking the time to write a review as its only by recieving constructive feedback that we can always deliver a wonderful Newpark Experience.

Cork
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2011

I stayed in the Newpark for 3 nights with my husband and son and we had a lovely time. The room was spacious, very clean and had a lovely bathroom. My son loved the kids club and spent a lot of time there which allowed my husband and I the luxury of a few meals to ourselves. We ate in both the main restaurant and the bar and would recommend both - the bar is the cheaper option. The chaning rooms for the leisure club are luxurious and more like 5 star. All in all we had a great stay in Newpark and I definitely see us returning.

Room Tip: When I booked I asked for a large room near reception which is what I got.
1 Thank tippchicken123
adermody, Director of Sales at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, 30 August 2011
Dear Tippchick,

Thank you for your review I really appreiate you taking the time to write a reviw.

I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay here at the Newpark Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

We strive at the Newpark Hotel to provide our guests with the best experience possible and we really appreiate positive feedback.

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2011

I have been going into the Newpark from time to time for many a long year for lunch and always found the hotel very nice, comfortable and good for food. Recently one evening my husband and I were passing through Kilkenny and went into the Bar to have a break from driving. Very disappointed in the clientele, the atmosphere, We just had a drink and left, when we might have had something to eat and stay longer. It must be the last week of school holidays for people in Dublin on a staycation to stay in the Newpark. Thankfully we were not staying. It will be a while before we go back. A terrible pity to let a fine hotel go like this, it would not be like this 20 years ago when the late Mr Bob Kerr was manager.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
adermody, Director of Sales at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2011
Dear Mary P,

Thank you for taking the to write a review we really appreicate all the feedback we recieve from our guests.

I am very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your drink in Scotts Bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel when you are next in the area.

Once again thank for your observations.

Sales and Marketing Manager

Newpark Hotel
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

My family and I spent five nights at The New Park hotel, we took the Family Affairs package and what a week it's been! but more about that later.

Check in: Check in was painless and took less than five minutes, the lovely receptionist Meike explained all the details of our package perfectly and was very welcoming a lovely first impression.

Room: I was a little worried after reading some of the reviews here but I'm more than happy to say I was delighted with our room. We booked a standard classic room with a double bed and two single beds. Our room was on the second floor and was spacious, airy and spoltess. The decor was warm and comforting with buckets of storage a real plus when travelling with young children. The bathroom was a little dated but functional, but again spotlessly clean. All in all I was very happy.

Bar & Food: The bar was lovely, lots of seats and not too cramped. We had dinner there on two nights and were impressed with the standard, and the service, the lovely waitress tracey couldn't have beem more helpful. The food itself was fab, not just by bar food standards and we were sorry we hadn't eaten there earlier in the week.

Kids club: My two children 10 and 8 have been to a few kids clubs over the years, and were always happy enough but this is the first time they ever asked to go in during the day! They adored the girls that were in charge, plus the facilities they had were fantastic, face painting, air hockey, art, movies,games, puzzles, books, you name it they had it. My two loved the ice cream they got every night. I found this club excellently run by girls who were obviously trained in childcare, and adored there job. 10 out of 10.

spa/pool: Having two kids you can imagine we spent alot of our time in the pool, we went at nine every morning and always had the pool mostly to ourselfs . Although I do believe it was quiet crowded during the afternoon, but the hotel was full so this is to be expected. The spa was fantastic and once the kids went to the kids club at 7pm my husband and I spent a few hours every night relaxing in the infinity hot tub. The changing rooms were clean and warm and there were lockable lockers which was great. The showers were fab and quiet big although some of the towel hooks were broken so it was a little awkward trying to keep your towel dry. The staff were wonderful and nothing was too much trouble for them again top marks awarded here.

Gym: My Husband used this everyday and was highly impressed. All of the machines were working and plentiful so you didn't have to wait too long if your chosen machine was busy.

Breakfast: Excellent!!! Because we went swimming every morning we always arrived at peak time for breakfast and there was a small line which I also expected in a full hotel but we were never waiting more than a few minutes. The selection was wonderful and was replenished regularly again the staff were wonderful and couldn't do enough to help..

Value: The New Park was perfect, on a valure for money scale they get top marks again as I said we booked the family affairs package which was five nights B&B with two evening meals, the package also includeds a €25 Spa voucher, a family pass into the Castlecomber Discovery park, and an hours pony trecking for the two children. All of which were fantastic. Plus a two night break for two in any of the other Flynn hotels! (Which we plan on using very soon) All for only €299pps. Kids stayed free but there was a charge for their breakfast of €6.50 per day but it really is a small price for the service they got. We did find the price of drinks in the bar was little high but I guess this is true of most hotels.
All in all we had an amazing time staying at this hotel and will be regular guests to the new park in the future! =0)

Room Tip: try to get a room on the second floor they were lovely!!!
2 Thank Poppie-lee
adermody, Director of Sales at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Dear Poppie-Ie,

Thank you for writing your review, I really apprecite you takeing the time to write it.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay so much it was a pleasure to have you and your family stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back many times over the coming years.

Once again thanks for the kind words.