“Loved this hotel bar one rude receptionist.”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I stayed here for a three nights with my family. The hotel was very easy to find, about 10 minutes from Kilkenny town. Plenty of parking. We had rooms that joined which where brilliant for families with children. Rooms where clean and bright. Beds where very comfy :) The gym and swimming pool where really nice. They also have an outdoor hot tub which even when it was raining and cold when we where there we still got in and it was fabulous. The one thing i found was in the afternoons there where a lot of children in the pool doing swimming classes and it got quiet crowded so i would recommened go early in the morning. It was also very busy on the saturday morning. The food in the hotel was really good. Enjoyed everything i ordered. The breakfast buffet was really good with a huge selection. The only thing that was a down factor was that they charged tried to charge us €23.00 for my daughter (3 yr old) breakfast upon check out when all she eat was one wheatabix and the girl on reception was quiet rude about it when i raised the issue with her. She really let the hotel down with her manner in which she talked to me. Apart from her the staff where nice and friendly. In fact i would have rated this hotel excellent if it wasnt for her being so rude. There was also a farm on the grounds of the hotel with many animals and a small play area which is great for anyone staying with children.

Room Tip: For families staying ask for the joining rooms they are great.
2  Thank Saraizi
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Saraizi

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having taken the time to complete the review of your recent stay with us. I most certainly appreciate all feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel. I was delighted to read that you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us here at The Newpark.

I was most disappointed to learn of the inconvenience on check out and I’m available at a time convenient to you to discuss this matter in detail.

It is my desire to retain you and your family as satisfied customers and I hope to welcome you back again in the future. Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality. I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 1 June 2012

Visited for the second time in 6 weeks recently. Used it to catch up with some 2 old college friends, their wives and 5 kids. Could not have gone better. Treated the kids great, while the adults dined at a separate table.

The staff could not have been more friendly, nor the food nicer. Everyone loved their food, we were not rushed and just made the whole mini-reunion a fantastic occasion.

We will be back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Aahjay,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I’m delighted that The Newpark has become your preferred destination when visiting the city of Kilkenny.

I have shared your feedback with the entire team here at The Newpark and we are extremely proud to have made you and your families stay such an enjoyable and memorable one.

Reviewed 31 May 2012

My son had his wedding reception in the Newpark Hotel, Kilkenny last weekend. The meal was excellent, the staff so friendly and helpful, the family room was spacious and spotless clean. The buffet breakfast was excellent, great selection of bar food throughout the day. The reception staff were most helpful and courteous and the bar staff and waiters couldn't have been more helpful. Well done Newpark Hotel Kilkenny for such a fantastic service.

Room Tip: We stayed on a ground floor family room near reception area. Most spacious and comfortable.
1  Thank Susan P

Dear Susan p,

Thank you for taking the review to review your stay with us here at The Newpark.

I’m delighted you had such an enjoyable stay and that yours son’s wedding was such a memorable experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newpark in the near future.

the great family

Reviewed 31 May 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night midweek stay at this hotel. It was a beautiful place, staff were very helpful and friendly. Our room was spacious, clean, comfortable and well equipped with everything we needed.The morning newspaper at our bedroom door was a nice touch. Complimentary dressing gown and slippers appreciated. Hotel was quiet and relaxing, breakfast was great, buffet with a wide choice of food and very friendly, accommodating staff. Pool small and difficult to have a swim if too many people in it. Steam room not very hot with little steam. Infinity pool was fabulous,especially around 9.00am when few people in it. I had 2 spa treatments which were wonderful and the nice young girl ( sorry can't remember her name) was very professional and attentive. We had dinner in the bistro which was very reasonable, food was lovely and service excellent. There was some errors with our booking on arrival and bill on departure, but they were rectified immediately and efficiently with no problems. We would recommend this hotel and we will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear nannywanny,

I’m delighted you and your partner had such an enjoyable anniversary here at The Newpark hotel. I have shared your comments with the entire team here at The Newpark and I know my colleagues in The Escape Spa are especially proud to have delivery such a memorable service during your stay.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to personally welcoming you back to The Newpark in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

My friends and I stayed here for the weekend, the rooms were lovely and spacious, the staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast buffet was really good. A large group of us had dinner here and everyone enjoyed the food.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear amdub,

I’m delighted you and your entire group had such an enjoyable stay here at The Newpark hotel. I have shared your comments with the entire team here at The Newpark.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newpark in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

Stayed in this hotel last week and it was a very nice stay. The service was fantastic and as I am a coeliac the staff couldn't be more helpful in choosing the meals with me. Overall the atmosphere in the place was fantastic as all the staff were very cheerful. The only complaint was the lack of sockets in the bedroom as there was only 1 that I could use !!

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear Patsam,

I’m delighted you had such an enjoyable stay here at The Newpark hotel. I would be delighted to receive the bedroom feedback you have to share on my contact details listed below at a time convenient to you.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

This was our first stop (2 nights) in a ten day trip and what a great start it was. Room was good size for three and bath super with heated floor. Yes the shower had no door but there was not step up to stub a toe on either. Pool was open late and we enjoyed after a day of touring. Breakfast was in a lovely sunroom and hot items were kept fresh even though buffet style. Dinners in the dining room near the bar were some of the best on our trip and we had great meals to compare to at other stops. The dinner service is slow for Americans because the table is yours for the evening, thus plan for it and all was worth the wait. Staff provided very good service and travel info. Location is good and a moderate walk to the center of Kilkenny.

Dear Bober2752,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to complete your guest review regarding your recent visit to The Newpark Hotel. I most certainly appreciate receiving all feedback as we are constantly striving to deliver the very best in quality service and experience here at The Newpark.

It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I hope to welcome you back again in the future. Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.