“Excellent Restaurant & Service”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We're just in from a marvelous day at Newpark. On behalf of family & friends I wanted to comment very favourably on the standard we enjoyed.

The food was, to say the least, excellent! Some of the family were delayed in heavy traffic on their way to the hotel. I noticed how your waiting staff were able to time their services to accommodate the late arrivals with no hiccups in the bringing of courses to the table. All in all, the staff were polite, helpful and courteous.

The room itself was better than I had anticipated. It had all the trappings of real class. The decor was nice, the music choice quite proper and not too loud nor intrusive (how often have I gone into restaurants, only to hear music that only made me want to get out of there?). We were all able to relax, like as if we were at home in our own houses. Whatever ye are doing at Newpark, I would encourage ye to keep up the good work. I shall hope for another opportunity to bring our family there again.

Kindest regards.

Seosamh Ó Faoláin

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Dear Mr O Faolain,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.

I have shared your comments with the entire team here at The Newpark and we are all extremely proud to have made your family occasion such a memorable one.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly if I can be of any assistance in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newpark.

Kind Regards,

There are newer reviews for Newpark Hotel

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed here for the weekend and it was a lovely hotel very clean nice freindly-helpful staff with a very relaxed atmosphere. We unfortuntley didnt bring our two young boys with us but we will defintley be going back and bringing them with us as the hotel was very child freindly and there was a lot of children staying there. They have a lovely little farm at the back of the hotel and a little outdoor play area. Kilkenny is a wonderful place to stay and the castle and river nore are wonderful attractions.

Room Tip: a room upstairs might be better for more privacy.
1  Thank Marty851
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Dear Marty 851,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark hotel.

I was delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay and hopefully you will have an opportunity to return and stay with your entire family. We have recently opened our mini Wildlife Farm which Im sure they would enjoy visiting.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 14 June 2012

Newpark Hotel is ideally situated being a short walk into town. We stayed one night here and found the room comfortable, large, clean and airy. The staff were helpful, informative and friendly. We will definitely stay at Newpark Hotel again.

Room Tip: Although the rooms were excellent value we found the cost of the breakfast high.
1  Thank emacdwilliams
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear emacdwilliams,

Thank you for choosing to stay at The Newpark during your recent visit to Kilkenny city.

I was delighted to read you had such a memorable stay with us and I and the entire team here at the Newpark are proud to have been of service.

It my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer of The Newpark and please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly if I can of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

We recently spent one night in the Newpark Hotel and we really enjoyed our stay. The hotel is clean, comfortable and only a short distance outside out Kilkenny Town. We walked into town the evening we were there any only took 10 mins approximately, got a taxi back later that night and only cost €6. There is plenty of parking in the hotel grounds and the staff were very friendly. We seemed to have one of the older rooms in the hotel judging by the photos as the bathroom was not not decorated as modern as some others seem to be, however this did not bother us and the room was perfectly fine, clean and spacious which is the main thing.

We didn't eat at the hotel but the buffet breakfast the next morning offered a great selection and was very tasty indeed. We will definitely be returning to Kilkenny for a longer break again and would return to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank claregirl86

Dear claregirl86,

I was delighted to read you had such an enjoyable stay and hopefully you will have an opportunity to experience the very best in local produce which we serve in our Scott’s Bistro or Gulliver’s restaurant during your next visit with us.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

The rooms were very clean and very comfortable and the staff are great.If you are going to stay in the newpark you must try the outdoor pool, it is very relaxing. I will be staying in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try and book a room with a balcony.

Dear afortune75,

I’m delighted you had such an enjoyable stay with us here at The Newpark hotel and also that you had an opportunity to relax and unwind in our outdoor infinity pool.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly if I can be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Just back from a lovely long weekend in Kilkenny and an even better couple of days staying at the Newpark Hotel. The room was bright and immaculate and the wet room bathroom was a lovely surprise. My only negative about the room was just how warm it was but I guess this isn't a bad thing. The food is excellent and staff were outstanding, really couldn't do enough and no question was silly or request too fussy. Make sure you utilise the spa facilities, especially the outdoor infinity pool which was an amazing treat, especially on a dreary day!

1  Thank Lollyb74
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Lollyb74,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your long weekend in Kilkenny and that the Newpark was your chosen hotel during your visit.

It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I hope to welcome you back again in the future and to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Kind regards,

mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Reviewed 5 June 2012

Hotel is very comfy, nice beds and sheets. Booked it at the last minute and was an ok price. Smooth check in. had a swim and a chill out in the outdoor hot tub, very nice.

Only negative hotel need to smoothen out the bar food, ie arrived 2.30 told carvery was over and no food till 3. meanwhile saw 3 other guests served soup sandwich??
We then asked for menus at 3 from 3 different people, then you can not order food at the bar but have to go off the bar and find some one to order food. Food was nice chowder lovely but could have been a bit warmer, then can not pay at bar for food!! The hotel need to sort this out as is deemed a 4 star. Had booked room only and did not have breakfast at €13 per head was a bit expensive when you could get it in the pub accross the road for €6.50. Insteas just went in to Kilkenny and had a more reasonable tasty breakfast.

Dear anniek_11,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having taken the time to complete the review of your recent stay with us. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I most certainly appreciate all feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving the hotel.

The Newpark aspires to offer a unique experience in standards of hospitality, service, elegance and style and I can assure you that your feedback shall be reviewed and the appropriate plans implemented.

It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I greatly appreciate your feedback, please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality. If there is anything I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,