“Top quality service”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I was at this hotel earlier this year at a conference. Usually with conferences hotel staff are constantly under pressure and it shows. At the Newpark Hotel the staff were polite, efficient and patient. Nothing and no one was over looked. The service was very good and the meals served were excellent. Meal times were intensive with the large number of people attending and the staff took it all in their stride. Everything was planned and carried out with excellent precision. i will be coming back to this hotel for a family break. The Flynn family continue to set very high standards and have excelled here. Well done all round.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 5 July 2012

Dear Jkcollinsirl,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel Kilkenny.

I was delighted to read your positive comments about your stay and I have shared your feedback with the entire team here at The Newpark as we are all extremely proud to have made your event such a huge success.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly if I may be of any assistance when planning your family holiday this summer. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newpark in the near future.

mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,031)

Reviewed 29 June 2012

The hotel is fabulous and rooms are spacious. The buffet breakfast every morning was amazing and what a selection! The hotel is a 15min walk from the city centre. There is a petting farm, playground, gym, swimming pool, relaxation room and spa...there is something to facilitate everybody. There is a lot of weddings and functions so the hotel would often have a great atmosphere but also a little noisy at night. However, It would be a pleasure to return to this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Emily W,

Thank you for your reviewing your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel Kilkenny.

I’m delighted that your stay with us was such a memorable one and I look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I had to find a place to leave this review and this seemed like the logical option, I had my wedding here at the weekend and no words could describe the service, facilities, food etc that we received from this exceptional venue.
Yvonne the wedding planner is exceptional at her job and is open to listening to all queries to make the day so special.
I would and will not hesitate inrecommending this venue not only for a wedding reception but also for a simple overnight r long weekend.
Thanks to everyone there
Brianand lorna

Room Tip: All impeccable rooms
3  Thank Brian559

Dear Brian & Lorna,

Thank you both so much for your wonderful feedback and I hope you both have an amazing honeymoon.

We look forward to welcoming you both back to The Newpark in the near future.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

This hotel was very nice and we had a lovely 2 nights with a 1 and 3 year old who enjoyed both the pool and the pet farm. Staff were very welcoming and helpful. The Bar was busy with weddings both days but had no problem accomodating children only thing is bar menu was a tad expensive for what was on offer thought the pasta with chicken was expensive at almost €15 euro!!!! I was also a bit annoyed at being charged €6.50 for breakfast for my 3 year old which I thought was a bit much for a bit of cereal and a sausage and the receptionist said that the baby was free as she was a bit small!!

2  Thank Caroline M

Dear Carolinem,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark hotel.

Thank you for choosing the Newpark Hotel for your family trip and for your feedback regarding the positive experience with the team here at The Newpark. I welcome your feedback on how we can improve our service and product available to our guests here at The Newpark and I assure you I have reviewed your comments with the senior team here in the hotel.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly if I can be of any further assistance. I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you and your family back to The Newpark in the future.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

I can't remember how often we have stayed at this hotel over the years, my husband and I. But this was a pre-Christmas trip with girlfriends. There were twelve of us.

The hotel was endlessly patient with me as the numbers changed time and again over the preceding months as more friends wanted to join us. The day we all met up there we had a wonderful, long lunch, and the staff were happy to let us sit there for the afternoon.

The Newpark food is superb. On the Saturday night we had booked the private dining room and the meal was excellent and beautifully served. The attention of the staff was second to none. The room was ours for the evening and I highly recommend this as an option when dining with extended family or a large group.

The staff could not be more friendly and obliging. The bedrooms are lovely, several of us having rooms with balconies - and spotlessly clean with good-sized modern bathrooms. The toiletries supplied are top quality and replaced daily - a service which can be overlooked in some hotels. We could not have been made more comfortable and at ease.

Kilkenny has any number of good hotels and restaurants, but for me I wouldn't pass the Newpark. It is close to the centre of town, but if you don't feel like the 5-10 minute walk a taxi will take you in for a mere €10. Look up the hotel online to see details of its Spa and other facilities.

Stay here and you will not be disappointed. I cannot recommend it highly enough. Thank you, Newpark, for a memorable and very happy stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dera JCP 9176

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here at The Newpark hotel.

I was delighted to read you had such an enjoyable stay and hopefully you will have an opportunity to return and stay with us again in the near future. I have shared your comments with the team here at The Newpark as I know they will also be delighted to have made your stay such a memorable one.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We're just in from a marvelous day at Newpark. On behalf of family & friends I wanted to comment very favourably on the standard we enjoyed.

The food was, to say the least, excellent! Some of the family were delayed in heavy traffic on their way to the hotel. I noticed how your waiting staff were able to time their services to accommodate the late arrivals with no hiccups in the bringing of courses to the table. All in all, the staff were polite, helpful and courteous.

The room itself was better than I had anticipated. It had all the trappings of real class. The decor was nice, the music choice quite proper and not too loud nor intrusive (how often have I gone into restaurants, only to hear music that only made me want to get out of there?). We were all able to relax, like as if we were at home in our own houses. Whatever ye are doing at Newpark, I would encourage ye to keep up the good work. I shall hope for another opportunity to bring our family there again.

Kindest regards.

Seosamh Ó Faoláin

Dear Mr O Faolain,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback.

I have shared your comments with the entire team here at The Newpark and we are all extremely proud to have made your family occasion such a memorable one.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me directly if I can be of any assistance in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Newpark.

Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed here for the weekend and it was a lovely hotel very clean nice freindly-helpful staff with a very relaxed atmosphere. We unfortuntley didnt bring our two young boys with us but we will defintley be going back and bringing them with us as the hotel was very child freindly and there was a lot of children staying there. They have a lovely little farm at the back of the hotel and a little outdoor play area. Kilkenny is a wonderful place to stay and the castle and river nore are wonderful attractions.

Room Tip: a room upstairs might be better for more privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marty851

Dear Marty 851,

I was delighted to read you had an enjoyable stay and hopefully you will have an opportunity to return and stay with your entire family. We have recently opened our mini Wildlife Farm which Im sure they would enjoy visiting.