“Comfortable in Kilkenny!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Zlin, Czech Republic
“Comfortable in Kilkenny!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

The only faults with with this hotel are its distance from the city center and the strictly enforced rules at the swimming pool. The rooms were nice, comfortable and quiet, with all the modern conveniences. The dinner in the hotel restaurant, although expensive, was one of the best we had in Ireland.

Room Tip: Be sure to have swimming caps if you want to swim in the pool, as they are required. If you don'...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear Gregory B,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience here with us in The Newpark Hotel Kilkenny.

I have shared your comments with Paul Murphy our Executive Chef and he is proud that his team delivered such a memorable dining experience during your time in Ireland. As is the case with all Flynn Hotels we pride ourselves in using only the very best in locally sourced produce. I also appreciate your constructive feedback as it’s through such feedback we can improve our offering to future guests here at The Newpark.

It is my desire to retain you as a satisfied customer and I hope to welcome you back again in the future. Please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality. If there is anything I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Polish first
ENNIS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Having stayed in this hotel for a one night stay I was greatly impressed. The room are of a good standard, bar food is well organised and the food is of a high standard. Overall the hotel is child friendly with a mini pet farm and swings on site. On arrival the receptionist made us feel very welcome and they even have a signature book for the kids to “check in" ... Brilliant. We also received a welcome pack for our son which, in my mind made the hotel stand out. Keep up the good work.

1 Thank USIT21
Dear Usit21,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us here in The Newpark Hotel Kilkenny.

I’m delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that your son enjoyed all of the additional treats the Newpark has for children for summer 2012.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

I attended a wedding here and stayed 2 nights. Wedding was lovely and the place was decorated so beautifully with gorgeous food and great service.
This place is a bit fancy but not posh. its clean , modern and in a great location.
We had a superior room which was lovely , big room with a double and single bed (handy having a spare single bed to throw stuff on or kick the boyfriend in if he is annoying you!) and the bed was sooo soft and comfy, spotless and shower was lovely and strong with a huge bathroom .
The only gripes would be the room was quite warm even though it wasn't particularly hot weather and be careful with the shower as there is no door and you can easily soak the floor. I recommend Bridies pub which is as you leave the hotel turn left and its about 10 minute walk towards town. Its a lovely friendly pub . So all in all great hotel !

Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank pami.eire
Dear pami eire,

Thank you for taking your recent review on The Newpark Hotel.

We are delighted to receive such positive feedback regarding your stay with us here at The Newpark. As you have mentioned the Newpark is great for weddings and you also managed to explore Kilkenny during your stay which is a must with so much to offer every guest.
Thank you for your feedback regarding room temperature we are currently reviewing your comment and we shall review our heating system accordingly.

dublin, ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We are a family of 5 and spent 1 night here last week. The hotel staff are incredibly friendly and helpful.

The common areas of the hotel were lovely. The locker rooms and pool were fab, nice and clean too! The outside of the building could use a power wash or a fresh coat of paint, but it was nothing horrible. The animal farm was small but it was well made and the kids liked it.

The size of our family room was impressive. Everything was in good condition and it was clean. The double pull out bed was comfortable, but a little short and not as wide as the main double bed in the room (there was also a single bed). It was nice to have a couch to sit on, and nice to just have the room to spread out and not be on top of one another when we were in the room.

The bathroom was modern and looked cool, but it smelled a little funky. I think it was the drain or maybe a side effect of having the open shower. The open shower made a mess, not my cup of tea.

As others have mentioned there is no A/C. Living in Ireland I'd not think that's an issue but in this hotel it is. The window barely opens so there is no way to *ever* get air circulating in the room or bathroom (heat is radiant, so no fan). It was just stale, hot and stuffy at night even without ever having turned on the heat. The management really should install some sort of fan in the room, or have a portable one in the closet for guests to use. I'll bring my own if there is a next time for us.

Location was fine if you have a car and don't mind paying to park in town to see the sights.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank stargazerl1ly
Dear stargazerl1ly,

Thank you for your Newpark hotel review on Tripadvisor.

I’m delighted you had such an enjoyable experience during your stay with us. I have reviewed and discussed your constructive feedback with our accommodation manager here at the Newpark and we have implemented the appropriate plans to resolve these items for all future stays.

Thank you for your feedback regarding room temperature and we have reviewed our heating system accordingly.

Armagh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

Just back from a 3 night break in the Newpark. The hotel itself is lovely and the staff on reception were very helpful.
I did have to get my room changed on arrival as I expected my family room to have 2 'proper' single beds for my 9 & 5 yr old. However, when we walked into our room there was a single bed and a fold up bed - I immediately requested a change of room - got this without hesitation - the 2nd room was perfect.

Food was lovely (both breakfast and our 1 evening meal). The only thing annoying was you had to request a FRIED EGG for breakfast if you wanted one!!! (in all my experience with hotels I have never had to do this before)!!! This is frustrating as my breakfast was always cold by the time my egg arrived (except for the last morning - it came too early!)

Rooms did get quite warm at night - no a/c

Children's club is basic - no organised activities or separate rooms for younger children - just a play room - my two did enjoy it as they made loads of friends. However I would prefer a hotel with organised outside activities / swimming etc for the children instead of being cooped up in one room.

I loved Kilkenny - the hotel was quite a walk from the town so we had to take the car and pay for carparking every time we went into the town - which can add to your costs.

Overall - I would go back to this hotel and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Order your fried egg on arrival at your table...
1 Thank Armaghfan
Dear Armaghfan,

Thank you for your recent review of the Newpark Hotel.

It’s through such constructive feedback that we can continue to improve and enhance our guest experience here at The Newpark hotel. I’m delighted that while your initial arrival experience was not as expected that we managed to resolve the matter immediately. I can assure you it’s our goal to deliver the very best experience to each of our guests on a daily basis and following your comments we will certainly review each area to future improve our service delivery.

Again thank you for taking the time to share you experience and please kindly contact me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality. If there is anything I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Armagh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2012

We spent 2 nights at this hotel with our 1 year old daughter, we had a fantastic time and kids facilities were great. Had spa treatment and leisure facilities were lovely. All staff were kind and extremely helpful and welcoming especially one manager particular who went out of her way to help us on several occasions.
We will definitely be back at this lovely hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary443
Dear Mary443,

Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful experience you had while staying with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

I have shared your comments with the entire team here at The Newpark and we are extremely proud to have made your experience with us such a memorable one.

mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com
ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012 via mobile

Booked a family room on 4th floor. Lovely decor and airy.
Leisure centre lively except pool is a little bit disappointing . Infinity pool fab and plunge pool excellent.
Food good quality.
Mini farm a lively addition to the hotel

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Jacqueline D
Dear seajac,

Thank you sharing your Newpark hotel experience.

I’m delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Newpark and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your pool experience at a time convenient to you.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and I look forward to hearing from you and welcoming you back to The Newpark in the near future.

mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com