“Fabulous family holiday”

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Dundalk, Ireland
“Fabulous family holiday”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

We are just back from our second family trip to Newpark. It's our favourite hotel. From we walk in the door to we leave its a wonderful spot. The staff are polite friendly and go out of their way to help especially with kids. The attention to detail to cater for a families needs is second to none. The only faults were the restaurant was not open when we asked on Sunday night and the game zone room for older kids to me is poorly located. We will definitely be back and would recommend this hotel to anyone with young kids.

• Stayed July 2013
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2013
Dear Cliona B,

Thank you for your recent return visit to Newpark Hotel.
I am delighted to see that overall you had a very enjoyable experience during your stay with us.

The Zone rooms is a great feature for teenagers and can now be easily accessible by the aid of our new hotel map.

Our new Brasserie is open each night for a casual dining experience.

Thank you for sharing your review.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I recently stayed at the hotel with my mum and my two children fot two nights. We had a wonderful stay. Rooms are large and comfortable. The kids club is a great idea and the kids loved the animals. I thought the goodie bags given to us (kids and adults) on arrival a really nice touch. The breakfast is amazing and I loved the fact that it didn't finish till 10.30! All in all a great value break. Only regret we couldn't stay longer!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Lollymac7

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that you and your family's experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities available to guests here at The Newpark.

Jenison, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed at the New Park Hotel in Kilkenny for one night. We walked through several hall ways of the large hotel before we found our 2nd floor room. Our room was spacious with two comfortable double beds. The bathroom was very clean, attractive and appeared to be recently remodeled. The only contact we had with staff was when we checked in and out and those employees were pleasant and helpful. Breakfast was not included but there was a restaurant in the hotel. We did not eat there but the menu looked like they had a nice variety of choices. The New Park Hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk from the shops, stores, pubs and restaurants in Kilkenny. Parking was free at the hotel and the car lot was large. We enjoyed the close proximity to the city of Kilkenny because it was a great place to visit. We wish we had more than a day to explore the city with its medieval churches, Smithwicks Brewery and the wonderful Kytelers Pub where we were served great food and entertained with traditional Irish music and dancing. The New Park Hotel accommodations were pleasant and met our needs while visiting Kilkenny.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear liddyO,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I have shared your wonderful feedback with the accommodation team here at the hotel, who are responsible for delivering such a comfortable and clean hotel on a daily basis and they are proud to receive your positive comments. I’m also delighted that your experience in Kilkenny city was so positive and that you had an opportunity to visit all of the sites and avail of some of the many activities.

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

My friend and myself visited the Newpark Hotel for our tea one evening last week and would like to say we loved the new decor in the bar area. There was a great buzz around and we found it family friendly. The managers were great they were so helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Berniemwhite,

Thank you for dining with us recently.

I’m delighted you enjoyed your meal and also our newly refurbished Scott’s Bar & Brassiere.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon to explore more of our extensive evening menu or to join us for our infamous Sunday lunch or afternoon Tea.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

I stayed here recently with my wife and our mothers. The hotel is in a good location just outside the city centre. The rooms were comfortable although a lack of air-conditioning means they can get quite hot and stuffy. Food the breakfast was very good, plenty of choice and good quality. We had dinner in the bar on both nights and it was excellent. I also used the leisure centre and thoroughly enjoyed the facilities - the outdoor pool was excellent. The reception area has plenty of comfortable seating and is very relaxing.

Room Tip: Would recommend getting a room on second floor to get better chance of getting some fresh air in thr...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Martygill,

Thank you for wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at The Newpark Hotel.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was an enjoyable one and that you and your family had an opportunity to enjoy all of the wonderful facilities and dining options available to guests here at The Newpark.

Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

Have been here many ttimes for weddings ,lunch,dinner and drinks lovely hotel tasteful decor great for kids and family as have small playground and a small animal farm.staff are always very nice and always good service.Always a treat to visit the newpark

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank frequenttraveller180
Dear Frequent traveller180,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Newpark as your hotel of choice here in Kilkenny.

I’m delighted that your experience and stay with us was once again such an enjoyable one.Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

KIlkenny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

My wife and I recently got married in this wonderful hotel and can't fault it in any way. From the moment we walked in we knew that this was where we wanted to get married. The service leading up to and on our big day was first class. We stayed in the bridal suite on our wedding. Beautiful room but probably not fair to do a room review based on that. Both our families stayed in the hotel on the night and not a bad word was heard. We would especially like to thank Yvonne for all her help and understanding during the arrangements

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Brendan R
Dear Brendan R,

On behalf of the management and staff it was our pleasure to host your recent wedding.
I have shared your comments with the team and especially Yvonne.

We will continue to offer family service within the wedding industry.

I look forward top welcoming you back to Newpark Hotel.