“Great Family Break”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This from my 10 year old son Eoin: "Most hotels focus on being posh, but unlike them this hotel focuses on the children and fun. I would recommend it on mid term Halloween because they do creepy cottage @ 2 o clock, don't be fooled by it's name it's great fun. Also they have a mini wildlife farm and a nature walk. I like this hotel because it's unique and great fun for kids of all ages".

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Dear Brian M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and also for taking the time to review Newpark Hotel on Tripadvisor.

I would like to thank you and your son Eoin, for your kind words. I was truly delighted to read that you had a most enjoyable stay.
The creepy cottage was a great hit with our little friends during mid-term. Its features like this we love providing to make a stay more memorial.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to Newpark Hotel to offer our renowned hospitality.

The Newpark Hotel
Tel: 056 776 0500
Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Write a ReviewReviews (2,031)

Reviewed 2 November 2013

stayed for 3 nts, bedroom and halls though clean are in need of updating. only used the swimingpool once as it was dirty. breakfast was less than average. on the plus side staff were friendly, and the bar and lobby area was well kept.

Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Thank you for your review.

I would be delighted to discuss your recent stay with us in more detail.
Please contact me on details below.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Myself and my husband and 3 little ladies just returned from the most wonderful 4 days in the Newpark... From check in to departure it was all we could have hoped for and more... Room was comfortable (when returning I will book superior).. Breakfast and dinner excellent... Our girls had the most amazing time at the kids club... Arts & crafts, puppet shows , movies and also as it was Halloween they had a creepy cottage where the children got to make chocolate apples and got a little bag of treats... Pool spotless and lifeguard on duty at all times... Outdoor playground small but great and the animal farm was very good... I have to say the staff here are very special... They couldn't do enough for you... Will be returning sooner than I had planned :)

Room Tip: If possible try book a superior room

Dear MON928,

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful review following your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

I am absolutely thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you very much for your wonderful comments about our hotel, especially our kids facilities.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We stayed four nights with two adults and two children. Room was spacious and comfortable. Leisure centre was lovely and the infinity pool was so relaxing. Meals were lovely and ok for value. Cannot fault anything. We went during mid-term and the kids club was great. The kids loved the wildlife farm and marsh walk and playgrounds, shows and films and the falconary experience is one they will always remember. There is so much to do that you need never leave the hotel. The staff cannot do enough and nothing is any trouble. Housekeeping have the place spotless, and not one member of staff walked by without a smile. Kids club staff are lovely and gentle and great with the kids and there is a good ratio of staff to kids. The hotel was full but you would never have guessed as staff had everything under control and rooms are really quiet. Cant wait to go back.

Room Tip: We were given a room on the third floor with a king size bed and two singles. Lovely and spacious an...

Dear E B,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing to stay at Newpark Hotel, and for taking the time to write your wonderful review.

I would like to thank you very much for your praise of our staff; I can assure you they will be very proud.

Its trilling to know you and your kids had a great experience with us.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Newark Hotel again in the future.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Just back from a 3 night mid term stay with our 2 little girls in the beautiful Newpark.The Hotel was spotlessly clean in every area. The hotel has a brilliant set-up for the children who really had a brilliant time - from swimming in the decent sized pool, to all the arts & crafts in the kids club, plus magician show, puppet show, and treasure trails, playground, farm etc. The rooms where very comfortable with plenty of room for a family of 4. The staff were all very friendly and again where all very good with the children. My only negative comment was that as the hotel was so very popular on a bank holiday weekend service was sometimes a little slow but when mentioned to staff they couldn't have been nicer or more apologetic about it. Would definitely make a return visit with our children.

Dear Deborah T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Newpark Hotel, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am delighted that you were so pleased with the children's facilities.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back, hopefully in the not too distant future

The Newpark Hotel
Tel: 056 776 0500

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We being going back to the Newpark for three years now and it gets better with each stay. Its a great family hotel that has everthing.My Children just love it.Kids club,pool,animal farm do I need to go on? I must also say that the staff are A1 really they could not do enough for you to make your stay all the more relaxing, I would highly recommend the Newpark for a family break. We are even planning the next visit jalrerady and we've just left.

Room Tip: Superior family room

Dear gavin q,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on your recent stay with Newpark Hotel, Kilkenny.

I’m delighted that you had such an enjoyable visit.
The whole team are trilled that you enjoyed all the facilities on offer.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to Newpark Hotel.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

Just back from a second family break in Newpark, brilliant facilities and a great family break again. For the price and the activities on site, it has to be the best family friendly friendly hotel in Ireland. Our little one didn't want to leave after a three day break and the staff were brilliant with her.

Dear DublinIrishdave,

I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your review, and indeed for choosing to stay with us on a family break once again.

It was a pleasure to read your review, and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your visit. I am very glad to hear that your child didn't want to leave. This is the environment we aim to offer for all guests.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the future and please don't hesitate in contacting me directly.