“A family wedding”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
cahir
“A family wedding”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

In September I and my husband came here for family wedding,the reception area had a lovely reception with teas coffee cakes punches and what I never before saw at a wedding Ice cream.it was a real treat.maybe this was arranged by the bride and groom??however the front area of this hotel is so spacious and seating so comfortable and relaxing.The bar area is also big and lots of room.The food here is top class.The wedding meal was superb.service excellent and attention to detail 100per cent.loved the whole experience.had lunch day after,again very happy.excellent.

Room Tip: Family rooms big and airy,very comfortable.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank CahirJosephine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 19 November 2013

A group of 12 travelled for a birthday celebration over two nights - great deal inc. dinner, spa treatments, afternoon tea and a bottle of wine in each room. We made some additional requests as a surprise for the organiser/birthday girl and these requests were all met to 100%. We ordered a birthday cake to have with our dinner and the request to have the cake made to suit someone who was gluten intolerant was taken on board to the extent that our friend was given gluten breads for breakfast & dinner and a gluten free afternoon tea - she was more than delighted as she hadn't mentioned her condition when booking. Aside from the problem with the 'older' bathroom in one of the rooms - we had a fantastic weekend and were made to feel as important as the Friday wedding guests and Saturday formal function guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with an upgraded bathroom - (ours had a shower in the bath - others in the party had...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
West Alexandria, Ohio
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The amenities of the hotel were very nice, but the staff was not real friendly. There was a wedding at the hotel the night we checked in (after a long flight into and from Dublin to Kilkenny), and we just needed some peace and quiet. Very odd that there were no washclothes, just hand towels and bath towels. No ice buckets, either, and when we asked for ice at the bar, they gave us a plastic grocery type bag with ice in it. Weird. Hairdryer was in a desk drawer (which appears to be the norm in Ireland). Good room service.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear Olliegram63,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write your review and also for staying with us recently.

It is disappointing to see that your experience was not a positive one. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcoming in service which you experienced on this occasion.

I would be delighted to discuss with you in more detail and having the opportunity of reassuring you of our commitment to our guest care and attention at all times.

Kettering, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 15 November 2013 via mobile

After a long journey from the states and then a drive (in a foreign country where driving is very different) from Dublin airport, we were so relieved to find our hotel for the evening. When we pulled in, we noticed that the parking lot was very full! We had to park some distance away from the building. There was a wedding going on in the hotel that evening. The reception staff seemed more interested in being friendly to the wedding guests who were checking in than us tired travelers. Some of the wedding guests were extremely loud that night, and we heard the staff knocking on their doors warning them about their noise level. However, this was unhelpful in getting myself and my 16 month old son adjusted to the time difference. When I requested ice at the bar, the bartender was also unfriendly and short with me. I asked for a luggage cart and it didn't fit out the back door closest to the area where we parked.
That all aside, the room was very modern and nice, with very comfortable beds and the travel cot I had requested was nicely set up on our arrival. The room service was also prompt and affordable, and friendly. The reception staff in the morning was much friendlier and assisted us on our journey to our next destination upon check out. Breakfast was great, with lots of options. Good location for this hotel as well, close enough to walk around, but not in the busiest part of town.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear MrsReitz ,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here at The Newpark Hotel.

We certainly appreciate receiving feedback and while your constructive comments are appreciated I can assure you it’s our preference to deliver a consistent level of service to all of our guests while staying here at the Newpark.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your stay in person and I have listed my contact details below for you to do so at a time convenient to your schedule.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Fairhaven, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We spent just one night at the Newpark. The rom was very nice, comfy beds. There is also a very nice breakfast buffett in the morning. I believe there is a pool/spa area but we didn't have enough time to enjoy it, some of the other people with us looked in and said it looked very nice. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and would also stay there again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear jackduck ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and also for staying with us recently.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly and that you found our team to be welcoming.
I'm sorry you had such a short visit but we would be delighted to welcome you back again to avail of the facilities on offer.

Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My husband and I were there for only one night and we thought it was a great stay. It was close to the shopping in the town and close to Kilkenny Castle, which was lovely. We don't have a single complaint. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer H
Dear Jennifer H,

Thank you for posting your recent review and choosing to stay with us in Newpark Hotel.

I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and enjoyed the facilities on offer.

I hope you had a fantastic holiday.

We would be delighted to welcome you back in the future.

Portarlington, Laois, Ireland
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I would strongly recommend anyone to stay in this hotel the food was outstanding staff were very friendly and were prompt with service,
the event we were at was well prepared by their staff,
and most importantly the sleep was amazing comfort at the highest standard.
definitely will look forward to my next stay there!
Reg.
Dave

Room Tip: room 422 lol has the hot tub :-) but 320 has an amazing mattress comfort at the highest standard and...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Dear STSheds ,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and indeed for writing a fantastic review.

Thank you very much for your praise of our hotel and I have shared your kind comments on to the team here in the hotel.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

I look forward to hearing from you.