“A wonderful Christmas at the Newpark”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Coventry
“A wonderful Christmas at the Newpark”
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I, my wife and my two adult sons had a four-night stay at the Newpark (the first night being complimentary) from 23rd - 27th December. On arrival, we were checked in very promptly at reception. We then went to the bar for a meal which was unbelievably good. On Christmas Eve, we had a 5-course meal; Christmas Day, we had a beautiful lunch, and in the evening we had a delicious buffet. St Stephen's/Boxing Day, we had another 5-course meal, with breakfast each morning. Management and staff could not have done any more to make our stay better. Although the hotel was very busy, they seemed to make time for all guests. The only downside was the band on St Stephen's night were not up to the mark, however it did not detract from a very pleasant few days. We hope to return again next Christmas. Many thanks to all at the Newpark.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Edward_Phelan ,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and indeed for writing a fantastic review.

Thank you very much for your praise of our hotel.
I am delighted you enjoyed the Christmas programme.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Polish first
Edinburgh, Scotland
Reviewed 25 December 2013

The staff here were lovely. Very helpful. Very friendly.

We got a family room and it did the job well.

My only disappointment was the breakfast: it was EXPENSIVE and, while not awful, it was dull and not functional. On our third day we went for breakfast at the Kilkenny design centre. It was far nicer and cheaper.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear ClarkeChing,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay here at The Newpark.

Thank you for your kind comments on our staff.

Its disappointing that you did not enjoy your breakfast, I certainly appreciate receiving this feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving with the team.

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally welcome you back to Newpark Hotel in the future.

Tel: 056 7760500
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Family break for 2 nights went so well. Staff friendly and visible management presence made for promp service all over hotel. Food good in new bar. Pool and pet farm great for kids. City centre is short walk and so much to do there. Will return.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear sid s ,

Thank you kindly for your warm review.

The team are delighted to read your review. Its delightful to hear your enjoyed all facilities on offer.

Cranston, Rhode Island
Reviewed 12 December 2013

My lovely daughter and I spent our first night in Ireland at the Newpark Hotel in Kilkenny; it was a very pleasant introduction to Ireland. Our room was not overly generous in size, the bathtub kind of small, but amenities very nice: nice bath soap, shower gel, lotion. We dined across the street at a nice neighborhood pub. The beds were comfortable and warm. Hairdriers located in the bureau, one of the drawers. I guess they don't want you to use them in the bathroom.

Room Tip: We stayed only one night at this hotel, and did not eat breakfast or supper there. Pub across the st...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear BurrillvilleBunkie ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and also for staying with us recently.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly.

I'm sorry you had such a short visit but we would be delighted to welcome you back again to avail of the facilities on offer.

I hope your enjoyed your stay in Ireland.

Armagh
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I have to say that the staff at the newpark hotel are just amazing. We stayed for two nights a group of ladies all ages. The staff especially Stephen were very attentive and accommodating. The spa relaxation room was fabulous as well as all the leisure facilities.

The food, the breakfast menu has everything you could ask for, great range. We had afternoon tea, omg the chocolate and raspberry creme brûlée!!!! Yummy. We had the set menu for dinner it was gorgeous also.

I will definitely be back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear armaghpaula ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Newpark Hotel, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am delighted that you were so pleased with the Newpark Hotel.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back, hopefully in the not too distant future

Dublin
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Stayed at the Newpark on Sat 7th Dec 2013 for small Christmas Party night with some friends and relations ( 10 of us in all). Despite the fact that the hotel was completely booked out on the night with a wedding and another major function - the service and the whole experience was first class. The rooms were bright and spotless, the food was great and the staff were extremely friendly and efficient. They even had our party name printed on the menu! I don't normally do trip reviews but I do believe in giving credit where it's due. Thanks Yvonne and all at the Newpark for a very memorable evening.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Paul N ,

Thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review on your recent stay with Newpark Hotel, Kilkenny.

I’m delighted that you had such an enjoyable Christmas party with your colleagues in Newpark Hotel.
I thank you for describing the whole experience as "Top Class", this is very rewarding.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to Newpark Hotel.

Tel: 056 7760500
Dublin
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Pros:
Food at Gulliver’s Restaurant very nice
Staff very friendly
Good value for money
Walking distance to Kilkenny Centre
Comfortable beds
Spacious bedrooms
Outdoor pool looks onto garden and is very pretty

Cons:
The décor is a bit confused and doesn’t all mesh together as well as it could with a bit more thought.
Fake plastic plants in the lobby and the spa let the hotel down

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Unravel