“Fabulous Hotel with fantastic staff”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for a large number of nights in recent months and find the staff to be wonderful - very accommodating. They remember your name and are always pleasant and happy to help. The facilities of the hotel are great - free parking, a lovely pool, spa and gym, so it is a great place to stay - especially if you are there for more than a night!

I would highly recommend it to anyone! :) Thanks to all the staff there for making the last 6 months feel like a home from home! :)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear FiFiLaSparkle ,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review, and for choosing to stay with us recently in Newpark Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Please don’t hesitate in contacting me personally before your next visit to the Newpark Hotel as I would be delighted to personally extend some of the Newpark's renowned hospitality.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Family break for 2 nights... bar and waiting staff very accomodationg for food especially as we where travelling with 2 young children under 18months..at beckon call no matter the hour especially the gentleman who was on reception saturday night!!!!.
Pros--warm pool for children with lovely facilites for adults too, brilliant open plan reception area for relaxing in the evening with the children, fantastic kids club although our 2 where too young for it. But from speaking to other parents heard glowing reports. Family Room was spacious
Cons--No heating in our room even though we informed the reception staff and porter, which was not resolved especially with it being a cold december weekend with babies as well as not been able to dry swimsuits for babies for the pool, this was not satisfactory, but we managed, mentioned this to reception staff on departure to ensure no other family had to endure this, got an brief apology and the lady moved on which was less than satisfactory. Limited food menu in restaurant for adults.
Overall, would recommend it but shame about that final recognition of the hotel staff ability to deal with rooms problem once it was identified on 1st night. If this tiny issues where polished on may return with other family members and friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank deli85

Dear deli85 ,

Thank you for your recent review on Newpark Hotel.

I am delighted with your positive comments and while your constructive comments are appreciated I can assure you it’s our preference to deliver a consistent level of service to all of our guests while staying here at the Newpark.
I can assure you this is not the service standard we aim to deliver.

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your stay in person and I have listed my contact details below for you to do so at a time convenient to your schedule.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I, my wife and my two adult sons had a four-night stay at the Newpark (the first night being complimentary) from 23rd - 27th December. On arrival, we were checked in very promptly at reception. We then went to the bar for a meal which was unbelievably good. On Christmas Eve, we had a 5-course meal; Christmas Day, we had a beautiful lunch, and in the evening we had a delicious buffet. St Stephen's/Boxing Day, we had another 5-course meal, with breakfast each morning. Management and staff could not have done any more to make our stay better. Although the hotel was very busy, they seemed to make time for all guests. The only downside was the band on St Stephen's night were not up to the mark, however it did not detract from a very pleasant few days. We hope to return again next Christmas. Many thanks to all at the Newpark.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Edward_Phelan ,

I would like to thank you very much for choosing to stay with us recently and indeed for writing a fantastic review.

Thank you very much for your praise of our hotel.
I am delighted you enjoyed the Christmas programme.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

The staff here were lovely. Very helpful. Very friendly.

We got a family room and it did the job well.

My only disappointment was the breakfast: it was EXPENSIVE and, while not awful, it was dull and not functional. On our third day we went for breakfast at the Kilkenny design centre. It was far nicer and cheaper.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear ClarkeChing,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay here at The Newpark.

Thank you for your kind comments on our staff.

Its disappointing that you did not enjoy your breakfast, I certainly appreciate receiving this feedback which affords me the opportunity of reviewing and improving with the team.

I look forward to hopefully being able to personally welcome you back to Newpark Hotel in the future.

Tel: 056 7760500

Reviewed 17 December 2013

Family break for 2 nights went so well. Staff friendly and visible management presence made for promp service all over hotel. Food good in new bar. Pool and pet farm great for kids. City centre is short walk and so much to do there. Will return.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear sid s ,

Thank you kindly for your warm review.

The team are delighted to read your review. Its delightful to hear your enjoyed all facilities on offer.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

My lovely daughter and I spent our first night in Ireland at the Newpark Hotel in Kilkenny; it was a very pleasant introduction to Ireland. Our room was not overly generous in size, the bathtub kind of small, but amenities very nice: nice bath soap, shower gel, lotion. We dined across the street at a nice neighborhood pub. The beds were comfortable and warm. Hairdriers located in the bureau, one of the drawers. I guess they don't want you to use them in the bathroom.

Room Tip: We stayed only one night at this hotel, and did not eat breakfast or supper there. Pub across the st...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Dear BurrillvilleBunkie ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review and also for staying with us recently.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so thoroughly.

I'm sorry you had such a short visit but we would be delighted to welcome you back again to avail of the facilities on offer.

I hope your enjoyed your stay in Ireland.

Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

I have to say that the staff at the newpark hotel are just amazing. We stayed for two nights a group of ladies all ages. The staff especially Stephen were very attentive and accommodating. The spa relaxation room was fabulous as well as all the leisure facilities.

The food, the breakfast menu has everything you could ask for, great range. We had afternoon tea, omg the chocolate and raspberry creme brûlée!!!! Yummy. We had the set menu for dinner it was gorgeous also.

I will definitely be back to this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear armaghpaula ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Newpark Hotel, and indeed for choosing to stay with us recently.

It was an absolute delight to read through your review. I am delighted that you were so pleased with the Newpark Hotel.

I very much hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back, hopefully in the not too distant future