“Excellent, friendly staff!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 18 Hotels in Kilkenny
Baltimore, Ireland
“Excellent, friendly staff!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

My wife and I stayed for just one night last week. We found the staff to be particularly friendly and efficient!! We ate in the Bistro and the food was very good, the service swift and the value was reasonable for what we got. The hotel was extremely busy as they have a very good offer available at present and there were certainly a lot of people taking advantage. Despite that there was no hold up either checking in or out, considering the large numbers being dealt with. We were particularly impressed with the breakfast where we noticed that the hot food in the buffet was monitored and kept fresh all the time - a lesson a lot of Irish hotels could learn from. The only complaint I have is that I requested blanket, as I cant stand Duvets, and I didnt get them. The bed itself was very comfortable. Overall it was a pleasant stay and certainly great value! I will stay again!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (299)
  • Polish first
Kilkenny, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the Newpark Hotel with 9 friends and cannot say enough about the wonderful time we had.The food was amazing,the staff so courteous and helpful,the accommodation was excellent .I would not hesitate to stay there again,well done and thank you to Mr John Flynn and staff,

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Kilkenny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

The Newpark Hotel is a fantastic to deal with. We carry out regular monthly and weekly business with the hotel. From start to finish they are great to deal with.

Meeting rooms are always set up as requested from our order forms to the detail and any small requests on the day are greeted with a warm smile.

So to Mark and all your team keep up the good work and continued success.

To conclude a very fine hotel that merits anyone attention when in Kilkenny!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Stayed here last September for a wedding that was being held in another hotel in Kilkenny. I can say that although the wedding was lovely I was very pleased to be staying at the delightful Newpark instead of The Ormonde! The staff at Newpark Hotel were warm, friendly and very accommodating. Front desk in particular were very helpful and waiters were fantastic not only for service but blossoming amateur comedians :) The rooms were large, warm, comfortable and well facilitated. The only reason I'm not rating this hotel excellent was because the cooked breakfast was a bit undercooked but there was a lovely variety of cereals, fruit and pastries to make up for the hot food. I would certainly recommend the Newpark to compliment any stay in Kilkenny.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014

We stayed at the Newpark Hotel in January for a family wedding and were blown away by the high standard of the property and all the staff we encountered. The venue was perfectly decorated, the rooms comfortable and perfect. The staff couldn't do more for us - even providing take-away coffee for some bleary eyed wedding guests!
I was especially impressed with the wedding organisation and would highly recommend Newpark as an event venue.
Well done, keep up the good work!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

we just had my mums 90th birthday @ the hotel for 85 guests,Mark and his staff did an outstanding job,service ,food ,decoration ,attention to detail was fantatsic,Everybody invited to the event raved at how good an evening it was, and would recoomend newpark to everybody for value ,quality and service
J H
Chicago

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Kinsale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

After a long day exhibiting at the holiday fair in the RDS Dublin my wife, 1 year old son and I decided to stay in Kilkenny. It was completely by chance that we decided to stay in this hotel. It was only after booking that I realised it was a little outside town, however there was a great offer on so I didn't really mind. We paid the extra €20 for the better room it was definitely worth it (although I haven't seen the standard room so I have no basis for comparison). The room was clean spacious, very comfortable with a really nice bathroom sporting a bath and wet room (shower). When we first arrived we were greeted by a very friendly girl at reception. We literally dropped the bags and headed to the bistro for food. The staff there were just as friendly as at reception. The food didn't disappoint. I had portobello mushrooms to start which were in an amazing sauce and a 12oz T-Bone and when your only issue with the food is the plate isn't big enough to contain it that is a good dining experience. The waiting staff were all very friendly and efficient engaging our one year old on a few occasions which kept him entertained. Later in the evening we decided that gin was a great idea so I headed to the bar where I was greeted and served by a helpful bartender and duty manager. I noticed a trend here because they were as friendly and helpful as all the others. I'm sure that it is no coincidence that the staff all seem genuinely happy in their jobs. Breakfast was good a nice selection of fresh fruit and a hot buffet. All in all a very pleasant experience we will definitely return!!!

Stayed January 2014