“Good hotel”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during 'cat laughs' festival. Bar is lovely with great live music every night. Foyer is beautiful and reception staff are casual but very efficient (although they did mistakenly over charge us at check in. ..quickly sorted out). Breakfast was very good with numerous staff overing service.

What would have improved my stay would have been to stay in renovated room. Our room was very 90s with shocking bathroom tiling. I would recommend to ask for newly renovated rooms. But otherwise good hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tobby_wee
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Tobby_wee,

Thank you for visiting Kilkenny for the Cat Laughs festival 2014. While I’m delighted that your overall experience was a positive one I also appreciate your constructive comments regarding your stay.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Newpark in the near future and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and had great stay easy to find friendly ,nice bar food but the buffet breakfast was below par one of the worst breakfasts iv ever eaten ,other than that I would go back there ,location was goo

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Richiejosh,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at The Newpark hotel.

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your review and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your stay in detail at a time convenient to you, I have listed my contact details below.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Locating the Hotel was straight forward as it is just a few minutes of the ring road around Kilkenny. Welcome by staff was warm and sincere. Room was very spacious, breakfast was buffet style and always someone around to assist. The facilities in and around the hotel suitable for all ages. Whilst within walking distance of the historic castle town of Kilkenny, there are good shopping areas. The surrounding countryside within a sixteen mile radius is beautiful especially in the evenings with the setting sun. Golfers of all handicaps will discover lots of courses which are challenging and enjoyable.

Room Tip: A third floor room is in a quiet area of the hotel. Good access by lift.

Dear Johnlmcclure,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I’m delighted that you and your family had the opportunity to explore and experience everything our wonderful city has to offer.

We also appreciate your comments regarding your time with us here at The Newpark and I and the entire team are proud to have made your stay such a memorable one.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

hotel was lovely room was very nice pool/sauna/out door pool was lovely very relaxing only thing that let it down was the food first morning was grand we were seated promptly breakfast was lovely that evening we dined in the bar i ordered the burger and i was disappointed it was dry and tasteless ,breakfast next morning was not good we seated our self the door was not attended the chairs had crumbs all over them we had to ask for tea/coffee and the buffet was cold some of it was stone cold regular hot holding temperature checks not been carried out floor staff was clearing the tables while we were still eating. we did bring it to the attention of the reception staff and they couldn't have been nicer ..Kim on reception was very helpful on day of arrival and second day .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel M

Dear Rachel M,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us here at The Newpark.

I have shared your positive comments with the entire team especially my colleague Kim who is delighted to have made your stay such a memorable one.

I also welcome your constructive comments as it will assist my team at continuing to provide the experience you have come to expect from the Newpark.

I have listed my details below for your reference as I would be delighted to discuss your experience in person at a time convenient to you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were going to a wedding just outside Kilkenny and opted to overnight here. Great decision. The room upgrade was superb - top floor overlooking the grounds - private hot tub on the balcony (although we opted more for the facilities in the leisure centre - lovely hot jacuzzi (bit heavy on the chlorine) and beautiful outdoor infinity pool. Two things particularly impressed me - 1. there was a wedding going on in the hotel when we got back and despite band playing full blast at one end - it was completely quiet in our room and 2. when we came down for breakfast the staff member could see were heisting about entering into the melee with lots of noise and enquired did we want a quieter place to have breakfast (we did) and she showed us to another room that was empty where we had breakfast on our own. Bliss. Give that lady a medal.

Room Tip: Fourth floor facing the grounds is the best
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We have been travelling Ireland now, as a group of 20, for the last 10 days. We have stayed in four other four star hotels so far, with this being the fifth hotel. I have been reading other reviews of this hotel and it would be nice if some of the reviewers had the opportunity to stay in theses hotels to do a comparison.
The Newpark is a standard run of the meal three star hotel. A lot of the hotel is tired and in need of having new life applied to it.
When we flush the toilet in our room a loud gurgling noise is heard in the bath tub. This happened in the afternoon. Sitting in our room at 9pm the tub started gurgling on its own and drainage effluent started to run into our tub. A young gentleman from the front desk came and explained that the pipes for the plumbing needed to be replaced. We were offered a different room to stay in.
The main men's washrooms beside the restaurant and main check in were out of service today with a predominate smell noticeable in the restaurant.
The menu showed the appetizer option of vegetable soup for our meal. When it came it was cream of mushroom. A good example of what this hotel is like.
The ladies serving our supper were very efficient at getting food to you and taking things away. The meal is served and complete in about 75 minutes. Very efficient if you like speedy suppers.
Having a beverage with your supper was a different story. Soup had been served before a person from the bar came to take our order. We we're win to the main course when the drinks showed up.
Hotel is clean but four star rating must come from the aerobics facility attached and not from the offerings of this hotel. We have not stayed in another hotel in Kilkenny but if you have a choice of another four star hotel choose it. If not a three stay will give you comparable value.

1  Thank johnnylough

Dear Johnnylough,

I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your experience with you in person at a time convenient to you. While I appreciate you experienced shortfalls in service during your visit to the Newpark hotel I can assure you, your experience was in no way indicative of our usual level of service delivered to our guests here at the hotel.

At The Newpark we strive daily to deliver only the very highest of customer service and experience and this is evident from the continuous levels of satisfactory review provided to us by our customers.

I have listed my details below for your reference and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Myself and my family recently stayed at the Newpark Hotel, which was a change as we always stay at the Ormonde in Kilkenny as we were wed there a few years back.

The Newpark was a revelation, we could not fault the room, it was spacious, clean, modern and brilliantly situated for a family. The petting zoo and go karts were the icing on the cake for my son who is 7. The pool facilities with special mention of the infinity pool (like who designed that - a warm bath looking at flowers) just awesome.

The first night we ate in the bar, the service from our waiter was exceptional, the food was perfect and we again could find fault on anything. The food was beautifully prepared and the chef and waiter were able to acommodate our children and their different choices!

I would highly recommend the Newpark Hotel for anyone and especially for families. Amazing facilities, brilliant service and there is no doubt we will be back as its equally brilliant for adults and the kids.

Room Tip: The family room was huge, a large double/king bed and two singles, perfect for families. The breakfa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family