“Expected more”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here for a wedding and booked a double room for 2 nights. The hotel area was lovely and the wedding was amazing. When we checked in we had a good long walk to the back of the hotel and our room was a disgrace. The bathroom was filthy and old fashioned hadn't been touched in about 20 years id say. The toiled seat was cracked and what looked like blood stained into it. It was dark and dreary. I complained at reception and the only option was to upgrade to a deluxe room for an extra €40 a night. We did this and the room was lovely, was like going from a two star to five star accommodation.

The staff in the bar were a joke they were only kids and very slow, took them 45 minutes to get us 2 teas and two scones. The tea was cold when we did eventually get it! The breakfast is very bad, food was awful to be honest! The bar food is very nice a little expensive for what you get but worth it!

Location is perfect no noise in the hotel from guests coming in late at night!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper levels.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moll B
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear MollB,

Thank you for your review. I can assure you your experience is in no way indicative of our usual level of service delivered to our guests here at The Newpark. I can also assure you we have a rigorous capital expenditure plan which operates on a 12 month basis to maintain and upgrade all aspects of our property.
Our service training plans also follow at monthly plan to ensure service delivery is maintained above 4 star standards.

I have listed my details below for your reference as I would be delighted to discuss your experience in person at a time convenient to you and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Their side salad needs more vinegarette. That's it.
The place is spotless. The staff all over the hotel are so friendly and GENUINELY helpful. The leisure centre is great.
I had sirloin steak in the bar and it was perfect ( apart from the salad ha ha).
This is the third Flynn Hotel I have stayed in; and if I am anywhere near one again on business, I will make the detour to stay in one. This family are at the top of their game when it comes to quality and service.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear AlanF,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. At Flynn hotels we are committed to delivering the very best in service and experience to our guests on a daily basis and we are delighted that you have experienced this throughout our properties.

Please contact me personally if I may be of any assistance in the future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

had a great time here ,all the staff are very friendly and there to help with any information you may need ,and such a child friendly place, there is a mini farm onsite and go carts which my daughter loved,also a playground, would happily go back again

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Gemmal,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback regarding your family’s recent stay here at The Newpark hotel Kilkenny.

We pride ourselves in providing the very best of facilities for all guests and in particular our younger guests with the latest addition of our Go Kart track and go karts for summer 2014.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon and please don’t hesitate in contacting me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here during 'cat laughs' festival. Bar is lovely with great live music every night. Foyer is beautiful and reception staff are casual but very efficient (although they did mistakenly over charge us at check in. ..quickly sorted out). Breakfast was very good with numerous staff overing service.

What would have improved my stay would have been to stay in renovated room. Our room was very 90s with shocking bathroom tiling. I would recommend to ask for newly renovated rooms. But otherwise good hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tobby_wee
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Tobby_wee,

Thank you for visiting Kilkenny for the Cat Laughs festival 2014. While I’m delighted that your overall experience was a positive one I also appreciate your constructive comments regarding your stay.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Newpark in the near future and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel and had great stay easy to find friendly ,nice bar food but the buffet breakfast was below par one of the worst breakfasts iv ever eaten ,other than that I would go back there ,location was goo

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Richiejosh,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay here at The Newpark hotel.

I appreciate the time you have taken to share your review and I would welcome an opportunity to discuss your stay in detail at a time convenient to you, I have listed my contact details below.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Locating the Hotel was straight forward as it is just a few minutes of the ring road around Kilkenny. Welcome by staff was warm and sincere. Room was very spacious, breakfast was buffet style and always someone around to assist. The facilities in and around the hotel suitable for all ages. Whilst within walking distance of the historic castle town of Kilkenny, there are good shopping areas. The surrounding countryside within a sixteen mile radius is beautiful especially in the evenings with the setting sun. Golfers of all handicaps will discover lots of courses which are challenging and enjoyable.

Room Tip: A third floor room is in a quiet area of the hotel. Good access by lift.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Johnlmcclure,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I’m delighted that you and your family had the opportunity to explore and experience everything our wonderful city has to offer.

We also appreciate your comments regarding your time with us here at The Newpark and I and the entire team are proud to have made your stay such a memorable one.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

hotel was lovely room was very nice pool/sauna/out door pool was lovely very relaxing only thing that let it down was the food first morning was grand we were seated promptly breakfast was lovely that evening we dined in the bar i ordered the burger and i was disappointed it was dry and tasteless ,breakfast next morning was not good we seated our self the door was not attended the chairs had crumbs all over them we had to ask for tea/coffee and the buffet was cold some of it was stone cold regular hot holding temperature checks not been carried out floor staff was clearing the tables while we were still eating. we did bring it to the attention of the reception staff and they couldn't have been nicer ..Kim on reception was very helpful on day of arrival and second day .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel M

Dear Rachel M,

Thank you for sharing your experience of your recent stay with us here at The Newpark.

I have shared your positive comments with the entire team especially my colleague Kim who is delighted to have made your stay such a memorable one.

I also welcome your constructive comments as it will assist my team at continuing to provide the experience you have come to expect from the Newpark.