“Great Family Hotel”
Review of Newpark Hotel

Newpark Hotel
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Kilkenny
Reviewed 23 June 2014

This is a great family hotel it was our second time to visit the hotel in the last year. There is great amenities for kids to the older people in your family from the swimming pool & spa to the playground,farm & pedal cars for the kids mind you I think more adults had better fun on them than the kids. We had a large family meal on the Saturday evening in the restaurant the food was just super again. The manager could not do enough for us there was a little mix up with our numbers for the meal but it was sorted out promptly. The only gripe I had was the room we stayed in (331) was really warm all day the window only opened a small bit & it was really hot day and night we had two young kids so it didn't really help with them. There was an electric fan but that wasn't great. The room itself was lovely walk in shower & a bath. As I said only a small gripe but there is one thing for sure we will most (Definitely) be going back here again thanks to all the very friendly staff & management at the Newpark hotel.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank derekflynn
Write a ReviewReviews (2,033)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Excellent value for money, evening meal included top quality. Reception staff extremely friendly, polite and helpful, recommending and booking another restaurant in town, a great recommendation too! Lots of entertainment for children including early teens. Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mary P
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was at the Spa today with my mother. All the staff were so friendly, I had Rebecca as my beauty therapist she was fantastic best back massage I have got in a long time. My mother had Eileen and couldn't recommend her enough. The introduction to the spa by Lisa was lovely. Not only were the treatments great but the relaxation room was fantastic. After we had our treatment we had the Newpark's Afternoon Tea which was gorgeously presented and delicious. I won't hesitate to go back for this package it is very reasonably priced for outstanding quality. I will be recommending to all I know.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Arrived in Kilkenny on Friday, as you can imagine it was well and truely packed with the 'Cat Laughs' comedy festival on. The town itself was beautiful with lots to do. You're best bet if staying in the hotel is to get taxi's. But make sure you make a price with them beforehand, because for the same journey we paid both €12 and €6 and €8 with different drivers. So after making a price the average was €8 to €10 which wasn't bad for the journey we had to do. The dining in the hotel bar was ok, the staff were cheerful. The room was clean, and our view was blocked by a large shrub but I did love the bathroom. The idea of the shower not being attached to the bath, that it stood on it's own was wonderful and was most welcome. The breakfast menu for room service was limited. For the price for the two nights in this room I did not think it was worth the money, and would advise to shop around for prices in other hotels in the area prior to booking.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2014

At first we weren't impressed with our standard double room but after explaining to the reception staff that I was planning on proposing to my girlfriend they did everything they could to make our trip memorable. They upgraded us to the bridal suite with a complementary bottle of prosecco, chocolates, the works. Thanks very much to the staff (in particular Genevieve) for making our trip very special indeed.

Room Tip: Go for the deluxe as opposed to the standard room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I are traveling through Ireland for our honeymoon and had an absolutely wonderful experience at Newpark Hotel. The front desk staff that we dealt with, first Isobel and then Genevieve, were extremely friendly and helpful. Also, we got upgraded to a beautiful spacious suite with a view and balcony. We had appetizers and drinks in the hotel restaurant - delicious. We would have loved to stay longer. Highly recommend!
Oh and P.S. Kilkenny is an awesome city!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Amy C
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear AmyC,

Thank you for choosing the Newpark. Congratulations again on your recent marriage and we are delighted that the Newpark and our wonderful city of Kilkenny provided you with the perfect location to celebrate while on your honeymoon.

I look forward to hopefully welcoming you both back to the Newpark in the near future and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Mark Dunne
Tel: 056 776 0500
Mailto:mark.dunne@newparkhotel.com

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Just back from a 2 night stay in the newpark hotel and I am already planning my next return stay. We were amazed by the friendliness of all the staff in reception and in the bar and bistro. It was a breath of fresh air to see so many staff who obviously enjoy working there. The food in scotts was amazing and the breakfast buffet had the biggest and best quality that I have ever experienced. Keep up the good work cant wait to return.

• Stayed: June 2014
Mark D, General Manager at Newpark Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear ND182,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I’m delighted that you had such an enjoyable stay and especially enjoyed the very best of locally sourced produced served daily here at The Newpark.
I look forward to hopefully welcoming you back to the Newpark in the near future and please don’t hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of any assistance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards