I can't believe anyone would give this hotel an excellent rating. They must not stay in many hotels for comparison. My wife and I just did a 2 week road trip through Ireland (from Canada) and this was by far the worst hotel we stayed at despite a travel guide endorsing it and the pictures on the website looking promising. The lobby is fine but the rooms are very, very dated and not very clean at all. We paid nearly $100/ night for this dump and ended up checking out after 1 night. We walked accross the street to the Pembroke Hotel and paid the extra $10 for a wonderful hotel. Please save yourself the trouble and don't make the same mistake we did; just go to the Pembroke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mixing traditional hospitality with modern day luxuries, The Club House Hotel Kilkenny is a charming family run hotel in the heart of Medieval Kilkenny City. This magnificent 18th Century Kilkenny Hotel maintains a 210 year old traditional of effortless comfort hospitality and efficiency. The Club House Hotel Kilkenny is located in a quiet area on Patrick Street, just around the corner from the famous Kilkenny Castle & Design Centre and less than a minutes walk from shopping, bars, restaurants, nightclubs and attractions making it the ideal place to stay for your visit to Kilkenny. Complimentary Wireless Internet Access is also available in certain areas of the Club House Kilkenny Hotel as well as complementary onsite carparking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Club House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club House Hotel Kilkenny
- Kilkenny Club House Hotel