The club house is a lovely old fashioned hotel. The wooden floors and creaky stairs give it a real sense of character that you don't find in the majority of bland modern hotels. Other positives were the car parking and its terrific location. We stayed at the back of the hotel in a newer part and for the price we were charged we were disappointed - the shower wasn't great and temperature difficult to regulate. Bathroom could do with an upgrade. Bed was comfortable though. I didn't enjoy my breakfast as i thought sausages too dry and bacon too chewy but my travelling companions enjoyed theirs. Coffee was not great (could be stronger) and the buffet minimal. The staff were really good though. I love the atmosphere of the hotel - especially the old part - but the value was not good (130 euro for double room)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mixing traditional hospitality with modern day luxuries, The Club House Hotel Kilkenny is a charming family run hotel in the heart of Medieval Kilkenny City. This magnificent 18th Century Kilkenny Hotel maintains a 210 year old traditional of effortless comfort hospitality and efficiency. The Club House Hotel Kilkenny is located in a quiet area on Patrick Street, just around the corner from the famous Kilkenny Castle & Design Centre and less than a minutes walk from shopping, bars, restaurants, nightclubs and attractions making it the ideal place to stay for your visit to Kilkenny. Complimentary Wireless Internet Access is also available in certain areas of the Club House Kilkenny Hotel as well as complementary onsite carparking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Club House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club House Hotel Kilkenny
- Kilkenny Club House Hotel