Having stayed across the street from this hotel previously I knew that the location of the Club House hotel was a good one. It's within a couple minutes walking distance from the shops, pubs and Kilkenny Castle. The hotel also has a free car park at the rear which is very useful.
The hotel itself is very old. There is a lot of stairways to navigate to get to most of the rooms which might not suit older guests. The rooms are basic but very comfortabl. However you would not wanna be too tall getting in to the shower or you may not get wet!!
We stayed there as a group of guys so the location was the main thing for us and the residents bar was also a plus point. The night porters were good craic too and helped make the stay enjoyable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mixing traditional hospitality with modern day luxuries, The Club House Hotel Kilkenny is a charming family run hotel in the heart of Medieval Kilkenny City. This magnificent 18th Century Kilkenny Hotel maintains a 210 year old traditional of effortless comfort hospitality and efficiency. The Club House Hotel Kilkenny is located in a quiet area on Patrick Street, just around the corner from the famous Kilkenny Castle & Design Centre and less than a minutes walk from shopping, bars, restaurants, nightclubs and attractions making it the ideal place to stay for your visit to Kilkenny. Complimentary Wireless Internet Access is also available in certain areas of the Club House Kilkenny Hotel as well as complementary onsite carparking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Club House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club House Hotel Kilkenny
- Kilkenny Club House Hotel