Club House Hotel
US$241
Newpark Hotel(Kilkenny)
US$273
US$243
Kilkenny Inn Hotel(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$224
US$271
US$263
  • Restaurant
Aspect Hotel Kilkenny(Kilkenny)(Great Value!)
US$167
Lyrath Estate(Kilkenny)
US$300
US$261
Orbitz.com
US$200
US$165
Zuni Hotel(Kilkenny)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsan older hotelnight portermedieval citypoached eggslocation is idealbeds were comfortablegreat weekendfood was lovelywithin easy walking distancebreakfast was includedvisit kilkennybar foodone night stayb bsclubhousebarmangeraldine
Reviewed 14 July 2007

I stayed at the Club House for a lenghty business trip.My job takes me literally all over the world so I get to see LOTS of hotels from a proffesional angle.Most I would say are good but never seem to get the personal touch over. Concrete shells with plastic interiors, staff doing their job ,not much else -sometimes not even looking at you! NOT so the Club House The friendly Irish isn't a cliche, from the owner- who always had time for a chat and to buy you a beer or that evenings meal! To the night porter nothing was too much trouble .The meals were first rate -proper cooked food and plenty of it .Not processed "ping " food from freezer to microwave but real like the rest of the hotel.
Conclusion best place Ive stopped in ten years around the world!

Stayed: August 2005
1  Thank MJHUk
Reviewed 4 July 2007

Having stayed in Kilkenny a few times it was the location that was the attraction of this hotel and it is well located. That is about it for the positives.

Having checked in after a group of Americans aged from 9-90, it was interesting to see them checking back out 10 minutes later. The hotel is a maze of stairs with little signage, the room smelled of paint and the bed had a paper sheet under the linen. Not sure if bed wetting is a problem in this hotel, the paint smell at least stopped us from finding out.

The residents bar is an advantage but not so much to warrant 150 per room per night. The breakfast was served in a pool of grease by staff that looked unhappy to be working here...

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank CorkPaul23
Reviewed 25 June 2007

Rather old fashioned frontage. Welcome ok but had to negotiate a maze of steps and corridors to reach the bedroom.
Bedroom large enough but not inviting. Bathroom rather tatty in places with a very noisy extractor fan..
Food in the restaurant was good both at dinner and breakfast.
We were on tour with a two night stay so all in all we found the hotel satsisfactory for our needs. Would not reccomend it for an extended stay.

• Stayed: June 2007
2  Thank DenNorthYorkshire
Reviewed 25 April 2007

I stayed here on a stag weekend and, while the Club House Hotel was functionally fine, I can't say I'd recommend it for the money we paid. The place just feels a bit decrepit and jaded - I'd expect more the prices we were paying (Euros 70 per person sharing per night).

The late bar was fun and I enjoyed that.

I didn't eat the breakfast but some of the guys reported that it was "horrible", which didn't surprise me, given the vibe of the hotel. But that was the only real complaint as such. If the price were cheaper, the Club House would have been fine for a lads weekend away, as it's functional, reasonably clean and well located.

The staff were fairly impersonal, not rude but just not really interested. I suppose they must get a lot of stags staying there, but a bit more interest from hotel staff is always pleasant. In general, I get the impression that Kilkenny itself is fed up of stags and hens.

In summary, I can't say I'd recommend the Club House.

• Stayed: February 2007
Reviewed 25 February 2007

We stayed here in January 2007 for a long weekend away. We had heard so much about Kilkenny from friends and we had to experience it for our selves.

We discovered this small family run hotel by accident and it turned out to be the best accident we have ever had. It's location is second to none (close to the castle and the bus stops right outside).

Kilkenny has some great bars, but if there is a band playing at the hotel make sure to have a look (we ended up spending the night drinking buckets of Kilkenny beer!!- had a bit of a sore head the next day though).

We found the staff to be helpfull and they answered all of our many questions. It is a beautifull old hotel with some amazing features, especially the restaurant. This hotel really is a breath of fresh air, it is not trying to be something it is not, it is just a really nice family ran hotel for people who want to experience a true irish welcome.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple